Sign in to follow this  
Stubbdog

AB3 files

Already finished the first update.

I will email the files directly to the people that have already exchanged information with me.

Well, I have been thinking about it.. and I have decided to change up something.

I had asked on another thread opinions on whether people would mind paying a few dollars to get the B3 files that I spent lots of hours working on to get working. I admit that there are still a couple of things to get in there correctly, but 90% of everything is working fine. And I had several people respond that they did not feel it was asking too much to ask for a small amount.

I have had over 100 hits to the file download. Over 80 of the 100 downloaded the files.

But since I did put a password protection on the files, only 3 people can currently actually use the files, cause I guess in the end, only 3 thought they were worth paying for.

I was never in this to make a pile of money or anything. And I would much rather people have the ability to use the files rather than not.

So, I will be re-imbursing those 3 people their money shortly and removing the passwords from the downloads, later tonight when I get home.

My guess is that people were a bit put off by the password protection up front. Sort of reluctant to give you a donation without seeing how well the files worked.

Having been a bit busy with GenCon and such, I haven't even tried to download the files yet, but, when I do, I'll still send you a donation if I decide that I'll use the files. The right thing to do after all.

Thanks for working on the files.

Ron

How does one load these files? I'm used to just dropping an .AB file into the download directory and having it work. These files seem to need to be in the data directory. I copied those files to that directory and now I'm getting a bunch of errors when I choose Warlord game system. Maybe this is obvious to everyone except me, how do you load these .dat files? What directory do they need to go?

How does one load these files? I'm used to just dropping an .AB file into the download directory and having it work. These files seem to need to be in the data directory. I copied those files to that directory and now I'm getting a bunch of errors when I choose Warlord game system. Maybe this is obvious to everyone except me, how do you load these .dat files? What directory do they need to go?

Make sure to delete the old ones out first then drop the new ones in the Warlord directory (off of the data directory) by themselves. Once I did that the errors went away.

Well, I have been thinking about it.. and I have decided to change up something.

I had asked on another thread opinions on whether people would mind paying a few dollars to get the B3 files that I spent lots of hours working on to get working. I admit that there are still a couple of things to get in there correctly, but 90% of everything is working fine. And I had several people respond that they did not feel it was asking too much to ask for a small amount.

I have had over 100 hits to the file download. Over 80 of the 100 downloaded the files.

But since I did put a password protection on the files, only 3 people can currently actually use the files, cause I guess in the end, only 3 thought they were worth paying for.

I was never in this to make a pile of money or anything. And I would much rather people have the ability to use the files rather than not.

So, I will be re-imbursing those 3 people their money shortly and removing the passwords from the downloads, later tonight when I get home.

As one of the 3, I say keep my money it was worth it.

It was only 3 bucks how cheap can people be.

Stubbdog - try a shareware or a donation approach. $3 is definitely worth it if someone winds up using the files. I'd rig up the download page to redirect to a splash screen thanking them for trying the files, asking for constructive feedback, and then giving directions for payment if they find the files useful before downloading. (much better if you could put that as a splash screen into the data files, but I doubt that AB3 would let you do that.)

I haven't invested in AB3 yet, but I'd be willing to pay up after seeing the files work well. Heck, Warlord may be the only reason I invest in AB3.