Not Painting for a few days

Bilesuck

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Superglue is recommended to me by a guy who has spent his life acquiring myriad martial arts skills and scars to match....

Dr. I know recomends this as a Quick fix. I tend to put super glue over just about any open wound I have now days to protect it, as I have a bad habbit of not useing gloves when I likly should be doing so.

The wound is already healing nicely -

However because of the nerve damage, I've got surgery scheduled friday :(

Gah! Saint, you're not supposed to hurt yourself. Heck I thought I was the biggest klutz around here when I nailed myself with a paring knife almost down to the bone last fall trying to pop the plastic seal off a stubborn bottle of craft paint. I cleaned it out, superglued it and kept a bandaid over it and it healed up on it's own, just took a few weeks. What's even more weird is I have to look in the right light to even find a trace of a scar.

Hand injuries suck... (lol - is that considered flaming?)

Back in December, I was at work and noticed the bolt that held a gate upright had fallen out and the thing was wobbling all over. Made the mistake of putting it back in myself instead of filling out a work order and waiting the two weeks until they did something about it or somebody else got hurt. I went to slide the bolt back into the support arm and instead of crashing down away from me like it should have, it fell back toward me and sliced the pad of my right middle finger like a pair of scissors - got a horseshoe-shaped slice right around the pad of my finger that went straight through. I actually measured it, over an eighth of an inch deep in the middle. I looked at the pad of my finger flopping when I wiggled my finger and thought to meself, yeah, that's gonna need a stitch or two. I went up to my supervisor, waved my finger at her and asked if she had a bandaid, lol. She went whiter than she usually was, which meant I could see right through her. It was hysterical, she hates blood. Took three stitches. I got all sulky when the doc wouldn't let me sew it myself, but at least he agreed not to use any anesthetic...

It sucked going into work the next day - my whole job was picking up plastic bottles off a belt and putting them in boxes. I was slow as hell, trying not to rip the stitches. And I jammed my finger at least once every ten minutes... Because of where the scar is, it screws me up when I'm playing my tin whistle since the nice indented scar crosses right over the part of my finger I use to cover the hole..

My scab fell off today, not sure wether I celebrate yet or not because I've got my own lil' canyon because the topmost layer of skin decided that it wasn't all that important to mend back together. So that's either a sign of how deep the cut was and/or the beginnings of a particularly impressive scar.

So... fellow hand manglers, got your "impress the girls/guys" stories of fighting off an invasion with only a pen knife?