LEGO Knights?

Hey all!

I was browsing through some of Lego's new stuff (looking back at the old days and stuff, heh), and man, their current medieval range looks pretty cool.

I was thinking tho, has anyone ever used Legos instead of miniatures for certain games? I'm thinking you can customize each figs, pose them, and their small enough, and if you need castles and buildings, you can crank out decent ones with limited time...

What do you guys think?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Legos rock... I would totally use em for everything including building a 3-D dungeon if I had enough of them. Just the cool factor of being able to switch out your weapons when you stop shooting and go into melee would be reason enough for me, lol.

(I am totally not going to go into my theory of how Legos represent the infinite possibilities of the universe...really I'm not.)

nice thing about having kids, epically one that is active in hunting down new Cars-cars, ha ha get to browse toys all the time, anyways the 2 sets I've seen (or at least 2 I recall) looked pretty cool, one has some skeletons & a dragon + I noticed they made the facial stuff allot more descriptive now then just the smiling face (that was always a bit disturbing thou on the old sets). Also seen a big castle as well.

All in all very cool looking stuff, epically compared to yesteryear's medieval sets.

RM

I thought about it, but found it hard to find bases for them. Lego doesn't make any 1"x1" tiles, if I remember right. I do remember using just the helmets from my OLD Castle systemlegos as ame markers for seomthing ages ago.

thing I like is with legos you can do almost anything that you usually normally would for , say, a dnd game. Sit, stand, lay down. Remove the head, he's dead, kinda like that.

Mounts seems to be workable. I looked through some of my old horse figs. 3 choices of horses, different option for saddles and barding, and ability to dismount. Also, other creatures have leg versions, good for familiar or pets or even unusual mounts

All in all, I'm thinking D&D with lego would be cool. maybe with large lego tile divided into 4x4 square grids

This thread triggered a memory...

Back, maybe 3 years ago now.. maybe 4ish.. I found a set of rules for wargaming using legos. It was sheer brilliance!

Pretty much, if you could build it, you could play it. It was complete anachronism, so you had pirates waving sabers as they charged lines of your Blacktron shocktroopers armed with jump packs and deathrays, intercepted by your dragon-riding wizard, who meets his demise at the hands of the pizza delivery girl, who is swept off her feet by a knight in shining armor, who turns out to be no match for robin hood and his merry men, but then....

...I digress.

here, linky:

http://www.brikwars.com/rules/2000/contents.htm

The answer to "can legos be used for miniature gaming" is, apparently, "yes!"

Even given that Legos are the greatest toy ever invented and totally rock, and that I regularly check out the Lego aisle at Toys R Us and Target, just for fun, I still can't quite bring myself to use them for D&D. But my daughter and son-in-law use Legos when they play, even though I tried to convert them to metal by painting them each a mini for their current character.

I've seen the brikwars site before - it's pretty good, and looks like it could be fun. Steal the Legos from your kids and have at it!

Don't be shy out there - who's ever played the Lego Star Wars video game? Too much fun!