Elevation levels...

zug

I might just be blind, but I can't find anything in the beta rules that constitutes an concrete measurement of the "Elevation level"... Can someone point it out to me in the rules or just tell me how many inches it is?

-zug

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The elevation levels are used when your terrain is not to scale, such as using pieces of felt to represent ditches or using low flat hills (easy to balance miniatures on) instead of steep/high ones (esthetically pleasing, but a pain on the gaming table).

Normally when I play, a "level" is anywhere from 3/4" to 1/5", depending on the specific terrain peice in question.  I think most second-storey (USA measurement) floors are two levels tall, so maybe something analagous to 4 to 6 feet in real life.

In CAV, a Dictator or Rhino could see over a 1-level hill, but could not see over a 2-level hill, if that helps at all.

An Elevation Level is whatever you as the player define it as based on the terrain materials you have on hand. Some players use felt or lines drawn on paper representing contours on a topographical map, other players use hills made from insulation foam in 3/4 or 1 inch thickness per elevation level.

Here at Reaper we use 1 inch "blue" insulation foam hills so for us an Elevation Level is around 1 inch.