New Data Cards but no Idea what figs look like

macendale

There are alot of new data cards for minis,but i don't gave a clue what they look like to even proxy them in. I know that it is not poosible to so green, but would it be possible to get concept art or possibly a detailed written description. My son is anxious about many of the new Reptus cards.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of us asked about looks when the stats first came out. In a number of the faction threads you can find gus talking about the models or other players taking guesses at what the figs may look like.

Going by the stats or abilities is another way to take a good stab at what the models going to have. Disable is a chain, whip, or other long weapon; High dv is usually something plated; Deflect usually represents a shield; and so on.

Other than following the bread crumb trail I think it's just a waiting game.

I do agree that perhaps in the next Chronicles we can see some art or descriptions(like we had in the original release of the rule book) along with the stat blocks. So let's get talin working on that Chronicles 08 already!

I'd love to have a decent description as well. I've converted my flyers for my Reptus based on the fact they have wings but that's about it. I'd like to know which are true Reptus, which are nagendra, and what some of the others may look like. Are the riders Lizards, snakes, turtles, etc... I know we all have different ideas and guesses but a little more would be nice.

For most of the new models, there is no artwork yet, much less greens. As new data cards were created, I would write up a 1-2 sentence description of the model. When they were all done, I sent the description list on to Ron & Talin (Tim). I want Tim to have as much artistic freedom in sketching these, so many times the description was brief (e.g. 'Female Elf with Bow' or 'Flying demon with a 2-handed weapon').

Most of the new models have a DHL equivalent that I think is very close to what I envision. If you are wondering about a specific model, post it here and I'll tell you what I envisioned (for whatever that's worth) :lol:

You guys will see the concept art as it gets finalized. I know the new Nagendra Warlord sketch is out there, and a number of sketches made it into the latest casket works like a bunch of bloodstone gnomes and Rahl Duke of Pain.

Pfft. Artistic freedom is overrated. Make those pencil monkeys do what they're told!

::P:

Even an estimated date for the fig would be helpful because of army planning and finances. But that's just me being practical and I know practical has no use in our hobby.

Has the Spawn of Mashif gone away?

One of my factions I am going to play is Darkspawn and I didn't see in the new chronicles update where the Spawn of Mashif had gone. Is it still there in a new name? I have the figure but since we can't see the concept art to most of the mini choices, I don't know if my mini is still valid, at least as a Spawn of Mashif or if its under a new name.

Anybody know?

Has the Spawn of Mashif gone away?

One of my factions I am going to play is Darkspawn and I didn't see in the new chronicles update where the Spawn of Mashif had gone. Is it still there in a new name? I have the figure but since we can't see the concept art to most of the mini choices, I don't know if my mini is still valid, at least as a Spawn of Mashif or if its under a new name.

Anybody know?

Spawn of Mashaf is now known as 'Burrowing Spawn'. It is now an Adept with Outrider. ::):

Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there a site to go to that will have what the mini looks like for a specific unit? Do all the updated chronicle units have minis assigned to them? Is there a place to go to that will have info like you provided me? I mean, how is a noob supposed to know that the Spawn of Mashaf mini was changed to the Burrowing Spawn? And things of that nature.