Gno gnomes?

Painfully

Only thing I can tell you is to pick up some of the old RP/Grenadier sorta dwarves. Since the explosion in the size of figures over the last few years old dwarves make great gnomes.

Not that I'm pushing them or anything but Dragglestown has much of the old Grenadier line under Dark Ages now.

Personally never seen gnomes and halflings as that simular, I'd tend to use a dwarf to represent a gnome before I'd use a halfling.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there are distinct differences between halflings and gnomes; enough to warrant a different mini.

I think a gnome tinkering with alchemists bottles and such would make a truly distinct mini.  Maybe a pair of them with before and after explosion faces would be cool too.  Heheh.  (it's the little differences like that that would help me buy some of the less popular minis).

Anyways, just throwing some ideas out there and hoping Reaper will go sculpt something neat.  I'll have to suffer without any cool gnomes for a while it seems.

there are some clockwork gnomes available from Kenzer for their Fairy Meat game:

http://www.kenzerco.com/xcart....tegory=

there are some clockwork gnomes available from Kenzer for their Fairy Meat game:

http://www.kenzerco.com/xcart....tegory=

yes, there are, but they are a different size.

from Kenzer's above linked page...

Gnomes are approximately 3 1/2 inches tall and approximately 12 ounces. "They are HUGE."

the Fairy Meat game IIRC uses their gnomes like D&D uses giants, so the gnomes there are the size of Reaper #2599-frost giant, for example.

size, weight and pricing should be good indicators of whether or not the gnome is the one you want.

cbs

Here is a HackMaster Gnome that looks a little more like a crazy alchemist type    Gnome Scroll Caddy

It is to scale with the rest of the HackMaster miniatures line

(I have compared the HackMaster Dwarves to the "Dwarven Brewmaster & Patrons" (02559) and found the figures to be of the same scale. :D Now I just have to paint them so I can use them in my HM games ... :cool:

hackmaster is also planning on coming out with a female gnome for your "gomish" pleasures. the paint job was "eh" and didn't 'do anything" for the mini. but I am gilling to look at it unpainted. who gnows, I may like her and start painting gnomes! After all I do have the reaper gnome around here, and i am sure he gneeds a girlfriend!

Lady Tam

Face it, how many gnome figures are really suportable in sales numbers?

I've been DMing since 1986 or therebouts, and can not recall a single player who ever played a gnome. ***Aside-My wife tells me she remembers one person playing a gnome once, but that was before we met.***

Also, gnomes don't fit the steriotype for marching off to war either. I just can't picture fielding a large Warlord Gnome Force somehow.

Supply and demand.

-Caius

Well, See I had a player playing a gnome. A gnome Druid, in fact, and since he was a druid and had a staff we ended up useing the WOTC gnome illusionist. So for my groups a few good gnomes would be gnice ( :D ) I gnow I will be duying the hackmaster female gnome (like I am going to get the female dwarf with a beard, that is a MUST have. Sorry It has to be done) As for thier Gnome caddy.....most likely gnot. gnot my style of mini, even if it is a "make fune mini" Gnow if it were a replica of Ziod the pin-headed barbarian......then we would talk.  :D

Lady Tam

I've seen about 4 Gnome PCs in my games (sure, I've played 2 of them) and I have an evil Gnome contingent as a bad guy group (although the players have never met them).  There are quite a few Gnome NPCs in my game actually, one Gnome Wizard had a pretty big role with the party for a while (as a Diviner he could cast Identify for them).

Of course with the new 3.5 rules small characters get shafted (not just Gnomes) with the weapon size and intimidate rules (weapon size mostly), so the Gnome PC may be a thing of the past.  But then there's a +1 DC for Illusion spells, so you may see more Gnome Wizards.  Who knows...

Face it, how many gnome figures are really suportable in sales numbers?

I've been DMing since 1986 or therebouts, and can not recall a single player who ever played a gnome. ***Aside-My wife tells me she remembers one person playing a gnome once, but that was before we met.***

Also, gnomes don't fit the steriotype for marching off to war either. I just can't picture fielding a large Warlord Gnome Force somehow.

Supply and demand.

-Caius

... unless they are Gnome Titans from HackMaster RPG  :cool:

btw, I have played 3, 7 of my players have played at least one (usually more), a 3e game I was playing in had a Gnome wizard (female), and that is just what I can remember off the top of my head! (yes, 3e has made gnomes a tad more common, as has HackMaster)