Here's my latest Mangu Timur

Angorak

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice work. It seems you have a stylized NMM (that's not meant as a criticism) which makes your piece unique. It's very nicely done. Well done on the cape too. The critiques I have are:

1. The photos seem to be a bit washed out. Photos of minis are always difficult and I'm still learning too.

2. The darklining on the gold NMM seems to be very light if there at all. I would darken it up a bit to make a very clean distinction between the plate and the do-dads protruding from them.

wow you dropped kicked my mangu Timur out of the water! This is fantastic! the freehand is wonderful! I now have something to strive for!

Hehe..thanks MT...I posted before I went to look at others so I didn't even realize I had done the same mini as you had. I didn't even remember the name of the mini...:)

I wouldn't go far as to say I drop kicked your mini...we just have a different rendition..

Cool take on the NMM. Like the steel better than the gold, but both are cool. Nice detail on cloak as well. The blade is much different than the steel armor, care to list what you used for each?

Well...the steel on the armor is a base of vallejo Dark Blue Gray(903) highlighted up with just white and shaded down black. The blade is a base of GW Space Wolves gray highlighted with white and shaded using glazes of the vallejo I used for the armor with a little black mixed in at the very last.

This is really nice. So nice, in fact, that my only negative comment is... get a better title for your thread!!! I mean, you may not remember the name or the stk # of the mini, but "here's my latest" hardly inspires one to check out the topic. I almost cruised by it after checking out the other stuff that was "new" to me. I would have been very sad if I'd not seen it (wait, is that possible? could I have actually not seen and known to be sad? I feel a paradox coming on that may crush my brain...).

So, yeah, anyway. Brilliant. The NMM looks fantastic, the details on the cloak and tabard are awesome, and that sword positively *glows*. Looking forward to "your next latest"... :;):

~v

Edited by Shakandara