Next batch

topfeather

I have the DDM Red, and he is HUGE. Beautiful sculpt, my only complaint is that I feel his hindquarters are a bit weak/small compared to the rest of him. But I'll tell ya, if that sucker were metal, I'd probably tweak my back trying to pick him up (must remember to bend knees...)!

As much as I LOVE the big metal dragons, and I'm going to try to get my favs before they may go OOP, I agree that doing them PPP would draw in a lot more people. Less costly, you don't have that intimidation factor (ok, I just put him together. ::): Now I have to paint that?! :blink: ), and lighter weight = easier to transport to game. Plus, if you bump him, or someone picks him up by his handles - I mean wings! - you don't have a heart attack.

The more I see of Reaper's PPP line, the more I like. I'll vote for the wolf-riders as well, and any other mounted type figures. I dig on the war dogs! Time to get my pack...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick suggestion: at the bottom right of every picture, add the words "Released Figure" or "Production Master" (or something along those lines) so that someone can tell at a glance what is what.

Good idea. If someone reads the text above the pics, they can figure it out, but too many people won't read the text, they'll just look at the pretty pictures. Best to encapsulate that info right into the picture if you can.

I read the text above the pics and I'm still not sure which is which. Are the pics of the minis with the really good paint jobs the masters sent to China and the pics of the minis with the really bad paint jobs the ones we buy in stores?

• Reaper User
I read the text above the pics and I'm still not sure which is which. ...

Here is a quote from the web page

====

Released on August 6, 2007

Masters on the right, production on the left.

====

To clarify even further, the pictures with the black background are the masters and the pictures with the blue background are the production pieces.

The additional pictures with the gray backgrounds are the repaints.

The pictures at the top of the page that only have one image of each model are the new masters going to China.

The intention of this page is to allow you (the customer) to see for yourself what we sent to China and compare it to what we got back. In that way, showing you the new models going over, you can decide for yourself how the paint jobs might compare.

I’m not sure what you mean by good paint jobs or bad paint jobs. None of these paint jobs are intended to be showcase or award-winning. Sure, it would be swell if that was practical and affordable to make each and every pre-painted plastic model an "Anne" piece, but I doubt that the average gamer would pay $300 for an individual PPM.

First off : there's no new sculpts there. They're plastic versions of existing miniatures in their metal line. But if the prepainted standard is going to be as good as these photo's make out then I'm quite impressed. I mean, the Type 5 demon has got shading and highlights on all the scales on her tail! I started looking at my unpainted metal (but otherwise identical) one and wishing I'd waited for this. The ghost is well done as well and I can just tell the wardog's going to be popular with all the people who wanted dogs ('cause it may not be a new sculpt but it comes already painted and it weighs less so it's easier to transport). The female ranger is a model I added to my wishlist but haven't bought yet as it wasn't the right time.

Oh wow, they've got the front end of that purple worm in the works too? The metal version comes with the end of the tail sticking up through the ground as a separate model too and they're both great (with little pebbles and rocks falling down as it bursts up). The ettin and the gnolls don't appeal to me much (the huge chunky square bodies they give their gnolls and the punk mohican hair manes look a bit overdone). The rest all look promising 'though.

Reaper's puttin' the avant so far in the garde in ain't even funny. Having a metal AND plastic version of models?!?!?!

Most companies offering plastics don't have the detail of metal (impossible, really), but Reaper is doing a bang-up job of puttin' out product. These are going to do well for them.

Reaper's puttin' the avant so far in the garde in ain't even funny. Having a metal AND plastic version of models?!?!?!

Most companies offering plastics don't have the detail of metal (impossible, really), but Reaper is doing a bang-up job of puttin' out product. These are going to do well for them.

when will we see the new minis

• Reaper User
What's in the production pipeline, yo????

The models HAVE gone to China for a quote. Once we have the quote we will decide which models to have them shoot for us first and begin the process. The quote should happen fairly quickly and it takes a couple of months to get them turned around once we order. We have already announced releases to distribution for January so the soonest will probably be February of '08.