haldir

Rise of the Runelords

PZO9001_180.jpeg

Pathfinder #1—Rise of the Runelords

Chapter 1: "Burnt Offerings"

by Paizo Publishing, LLC

by James Jacobs

"This play by posting rpg uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This [website, character sheet, or whatever it is] is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit www.paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com."

GM

haldir (Randy Mendoza, that's me of course)

Players

stubbdog: Tiketi Puaku (male Human(Shoanti) Fighter)

Dragon Snack: Karyn Fire (female human Barbarian)

Lorderl: Jal (male Human(Chelexian) Hexblade)

Dilvish the Deliverer: Vandairian Blackvine,(male elven Warmage)

Outkast Samurai: Bashar Deepvain (male dwarf, Cleric of Sarenrae)

Welcome again to anther game of play by post Dungeon & Dragons using the 3.5 rule set published by Wizards of Coast. This adventure will be set in Paizo's own setting of Varisia. <a href="http://paizo.com/image/product/secondary/P...der/Varisia.jpg" target="_blank">http://paizo.com/image/product/secondary/P...der/Varisia.jpg</a>, based allot on James Jacob's own home brewed campaign.

Varisia is a traditional campaign setting, similar to what you'd find in normal D&D games (close to the Greyhawk world but of course it does have it's difference that make it unique).

<a href="http://paizo.com/image/content/RiseOfTheRu...s/Sandpoint.jpg" target="_blank">http://paizo.com/image/content/RiseOfTheRu...s/Sandpoint.jpg</a>

The players starting town will be Sandpoint. A quaint little sea town on the western coast of the map, full of character in it's own right.

Various D&D books will be used but for the most part the following books will be used the most

Paizo's Gamemastery & Pathfinder line

the 3 Core D&D books by Wizards of the Coast (3.5 Player's Handbook , 3.5 DM's Guide , 3.5 Monster Manuals)

Tome of Horrors by Necromancer Games

& other various Wizards of the Coast 3.5 books (like the Complete class books, Player's Handbook II, etc etc)

More info will be posted in this post, just keep an eye on this one!!

Starting date for the game will be September 12th 2007. I hope you enjoy this one as I will GMing it, thanks for reading

NOTE: Starting date for this game has been changed for the weekend of Sept 15/16, so look for the first game posting then. Hey missed this one again!!! starting date is NOW!!! (9-17)

Special thanks to Reaper for allowing me to hold the game here & to Paizo for allowing me to continue with playing the game.

THANKS GUYS!!!

Randy Mendoza

Hey everyone,

edited due to I stepped on Paizo's copyright. I'll repost in a shorter editted version. I mainly wanted to the town of Sandpoint to have the same feeling I had when I read the description of Sandpoint, I wanted to breathe life into a great homeplace for the PCs. I hope in the future that I don't step on anyone toes with this one. If it gets to a point I will stop this game if it gets that far.

I'll admit I'm not a good editer when it comes to things like this, always been one to just go for what has been published & such, this time is was "Oops, I messed up a good one & I'm an idiot for doing so" moment.

Again sorry to Reaper, Ed, Kit & everyone involved with running this forum & the company of Reaper, who I hold in so high regard, as they've allowed me to step outside my local boundries & become a gamer again, even it's in a "virtual gaming group" & also sorry to Paizo & to the writers & everyone involved with Pathfinder, & epically James Jacobs as well (the author for this book & many other writings, as I have high regards for him, one of my favorite game authors at the moment), I never intended to post the entire adventure on here, & after awile I thought that something might go wrong with what I had posted.

Trust me when I say that the adventure is worth a buy, it is. I see this a major turning point in campaign settings, adventure (module) buying. It made me feel like I was buying the old adventures again, epically with my future with D&D in doubt with 4e on the horizon & such, heck it's made me rethink my future WoTC purchases, funny all that after just 2 or 3 Gamemastery/Pathfinder setting books too.

Again, I hope everyone accept my apology & I hope to have this still start on time next week (the 12th), but if not I totally understand why it can't/won't.

thanks

Randy Mendoza

Sandpoint, Rova (our September)Starday (our Saturday) 22nd (first day of autumn) 4707 AR (Absalom Reckoning)

The air is crisp with late sea air, but summer still has it's hold on summer on the coast, the morning sun arises in the east,starting to warm the areas. Vendors are busily setting up stalls for today activities, the Swallowtail Festival!!

The Swallowtail Festival will coincide with the re-dedication of the new Cathedral, which will reopen again for the first time in 5 years. A mysterious fire in the middle of the night, burnt the building down & a few other buildings in the area. The loss of the church was disheartening to the community but the lost of the high priest, Father Ezakien Tobyn was felt for years afterward. The man was loved by all in the town, he was known as a kindly old soul with a heart of gold (the disfigured boneyard caretaker, Naffer Vosk, a reformed criminal himself that Tobyn took pity upon knows all to well).

Lost in the fire along with Father Tobyn were a few young acolytes & couple of elder churchmen, as well as his lovely adopted daughter Nualia Tobyn, a young woman of unearthly beauty was also lost in the church fire. Five years later, a building of earth & stone now sits upon the site, with a grand mosaic window on the front, welcoming all worshipers of the 6 most common faiths in the area, the new high priest is Father Abstalar Zantus, a former student under Father Tobyn, who took the mantle of high priest when the old priest's charred body was found, amongst the burned out building.

Father Zantus, is a cleric of Desna, but is open to all faiths, making him the perfect fit for the new Sandpoint Cathedral!!

(early morning, around 5 AM)

Inside the Sandpoint Cathedral

Cael Kennyrdlues

"Brother Cael, are you awake??" a young female voice is heard & a soft knock at the door. After a bit, "Forgive my intrusion, but Father Zantus needs us outside to help with festival preparations."

(close to 6 AM)

Inside Red Mastiff Armory

Tiketi Puaku

"Ah, Tiketi!" there you are, no need to start the fires early this morning, with the church dedication goin on, all the townsfolk will be there instead, so take it easy this morning for a bit, go there, mingle a bit & then later today after the festivities there, we can come back & see if we can take in any business later today, allot of people here in town, he he must be wanting to get a favor in from the gods, ha ha!!" Das Korvut says to you as you are getting things ready for the day.

A couple years ago, Das took you in, said there was something special about yah, something he couldn't place, but figured better to have yah with him, then against. You took up apprenticeship under him.

A big old red mastiff comes into the room "Hey Dukey, how's it goin boy", the old dog wags his tail in return. "Well I told "Cracktooth" I'd help him setup his stall in the market square today, so I'll let you get about your way." Das puts a hat on & turns toward the door "Oh before I forget, remember to lock it before you leave & make sure the hounds have enough food & water, don't want them snoopin around the house for food." he says, tips his hat at you & leaves.

DasKorvut-vi.jpg

This is Das Korvut

(North of Sandpoint)

(close to 8AM)

Dimmesius Adlar

Walking the Lost Coast road can be a bit lonely even with the traffic coming & going, the road side shrines & a few inns here & there, ,but as you make your way over a hill, you see smokestacks in a small cove & a large ruin of what appears to be a tower of some sorts, just something about seeing civilization that makes the heart & soul perk up, something also comes around, the thought of employment as you jingle the small bag of coins in your pocket, last of your coins you got from a previous job.

You pick up the pace a bit & come upon the outskirts of the town, it's bigger then you thought with allot of buildings all nestled in the small cove. You come upon a modest gatehouse, with two small guard towers & a small wall, nothing that would hold a small scale army if the town was attacked, & no town guard to be found, only a sign & something that shines brightly, even in the morning sun. You get close & you see it is small mirror hanging on the sign. Painted in brightly colored red paint is “Welcome to Sandpoint! Please stop to see yourself as we see you!”

Karyn Fire

(North of Sandpoint, just a bit outside the gatehouse)

"Wake up Karyn, wake up!!" we have work to do today, gotta sell some wares, perfect day to do it too, so many people!!!" a familiar old voice says to you as you are awaken from a dream, that fades quickly upon opening your eyes. Draken, the halfling that you decided to follow from up North. Your time with Draken has been of ups & downs, gotta love peddling to make your way in life, but you do what you do, Draken was one person that could make a ogre buy a pair of human sized breeches, his gift for gab was something. You both made very little money as trader, but Draken seem to take care of you with a gift or two here & there, which thou usually ended up being sold in a town later. You later learned that Draken was a rogue of some skill, something that facinated you, the way he could open a lock, or pick a pocket was remarkable.

You two seemed perfect for each other, him a rogue & you the muscle to back him up if he got into trouble, which occasionally he did, if a deal went wrong or the "side" business with afoul. One reason you two are in Sandpoint, a run in with a couple of dwarves in the town of Galduria made for fast retreat. Thou something that bugs you since that night you Draken snuck away from the Varisians, he said "he had business to do in the South" but has never elaborated what this "business" was. More less avoiding the question if asked. He is hiding something, you just don't know what & you really don't want to offend the halfling, as he is really your only true friend in this world.

"Karyn, come on girl, get up!!! he says, as you are rubbing your eyes "We gotta get in town & pick out a good spot before some other grubby takes it!!!" Ah yes, the small tent that you two share now comes into view, it's been awile since you had a room at a inn, but you've live all your life under the sky, why should that bother you know, thou you'd like to see what the beds are like at the Rusty Dragon or the White Deer Inn, someday, you know just to try them out.

Around this time, a human (Shoanti by the looks of him) in beat up chainmail with a greatsword strapped on his back, walks past & stops at the Sandpoint welcome sign, outside the North gatehouse.

(close to 9 AM)

inside the Rusty Dragon Inn

Jal & Vandairian Blackvine

You are both awaken by the noise outside, people mingling out & about, there is even a smell of food coming from the Rusty Dragon's kitchen. The small room the both of you have been stayin at the Dragon is small & modest for the most part, but it beats sleeping on the street.

The two of you met a few months ago, something clicked with you, both being the adventure type, you've pooled your resources to stay at the Rusty Dragon, thinkin hey "some mysterious looking character will come in & plop down a bag of gold & old map & say "I have a job for you" but alas this hasn't happened & what little cash you have is starting to run out, even with Amekio's discount of a good story to get your room a bit cheaper here & there, the room that your staying in is good but gone after today, you gotta find something, even if it's just a few coins for this room & good meal, something the Rusty Dragon is famous for, it's food, Amekio really knows her stuff, when it comes to food. "Hmmm must because of her foreign descent" you mumble as you yawn, Vandairian, the words slipping for your thoughts.

Jal, you take a peek out the window & see people pushing wheelbarrels & such up to the Northern part of the city, filled with all sorts of things, hmmmmm you think, "Ah yes, the Swallowtail festival is today, bound to be something there!!" You both start to get your gear ready, just in case something happens today.

Welcome to Runelords, I hope your stay is a fun one.................

Cael drags himself out of the depths of his slumber as he is bidden to rise for the day. As the young acolyte informs him of Father Zantus' plans for him this day, the elf chuckles lightly to himself and shakes his head. It was several hours past midnight when the high priest had let them go last night now he was rousing everyone bright and early this morning. Cael was well aware of his friends excitement over the grand opening of the new cathedral on this day, but honestly, what was left to prepare?

Thanking the young woman for rousing him, Cael waits for her to depart before pouring some cool water from a pitcher into his basin and removing his simple nightshirt to bathe himself for this holy day. Once finished, he combs his long black bangs straight back and ties his shoulder length hair into a pony tail with a piece of leather cord. He then pulls on his only good tunic, breeches and boots; adjusts the miniature golden stags antler bow that represents Erastil so that it lies flat against his chest and kneels silently for several minutes offering his morning greetings to Erastil and thanking Him for such a fine day. He then heads out the door to the priests dining hall for breakfast. If he doesn't grab a quick bite now, it's going to be well after the noon hour before he has a chance again.

“just look” Jal starts to say as he stands away from the window “this festival is going to be pretty impressive, seems as if the whole towns up and abouts already” he continues as he pulls on his high cut boots. “sniff.., sniff.., ah, and smell that” he says securing a buckle. “Amekio’s done it again. That’s one woman.. “ he stops short as he tightens a strap “I’m hungry, I’ll meet you downstairs, I’m thinking to offer Amekio a hand if she attending the festival.” He says with a grin “anyways, we’ll talk details while we eat” he finishes as he grabs his remaining gear and heads out the room.

"Ugh." Karyn lifts one eye, squinting in the morning light.

Why did he start taking the tent down already?

"Draken, why don't you go sell something to that guy with the greatsword. He's gotta have a bit a coin to be sporting that."

Anything to catch a few more quick ZZZ's...

What was he so excited about anyway?

Sigh. Darn it, now I can't sleep! I better go watch out for him before he gets himself in trouble...

Karyn rolls over groggily and adjusts her leather armor, then she pulls herself up and checks out the scene outside the tent.

"By all means Jal, just let me get cleaned up and I will be down to join you shortly." Vandarian rises and examines his weakened left arm. The faint black lines that run under the skin from wrist to elbow seem no worse today then yesterday. Dressing with a smooth degree of economy, he regards his armor. Deciding that it would be inappropriate for a festival day, he leaves it where it stands and uses a small copper circlet to to hold his unruly walnut hair hair from his face. As he moves to open the door, he pauses in quiet reflection, sighs and buckles on his sword belt. Settling his cloak to mask his injured arm, he exits the shared room and goes to join Jal in the common room.

"Ah, Tiketi!" there you are, no need to start the fires early this morning, with the church dedication goin on, all the townsfolk will be there instead, so take it easy this morning for a bit, go there, mingle a bit & then later today after the festivities there, we can come back & see if we can take in any business later today, allot of people here in town, he he must be wanting to get a favor in from the gods, ha ha!!" Das Korvut says to you as you are getting things ready for the day.

A couple years ago, Das took you in, said there was something special about yah, something he couldn't place, but figured better to have yah with him, then against. You took up apprenticeship under him.

A big old red mastiff comes into the room "Hey Dukey, how's it goin boy", the old dog wags his tail in return. "Well I told "Cracktooth" I'd help him setup his stall in the market square today, so I'll let you get about your way." Das puts a hat on & turns toward the door "Oh before I forget, remember to lock it before you leave & make sure the hounds have enough food & water, don't want them snoopin around the house for food." he says, tips his hat at you & leaves.

Two years under the employ of Das and living in this cove.... Not what Tiketi had expected at all... But..

As he had come to find out, smithing metal the right way was very different than his primitive means that he had used before. It took time to gain the trust of Master Korvut. It took time to learn the ways and techniques of smithing. He sighed as he filled the master's pets' bowls with their morning gruel... It would not be much longer now, he thought, before he could return to his people and help restore them to their proper place in the heirarchy of things.

Going to the back room, he removes a thick scaled jersey from a wardrobe and pulls it on over his tunic. Not an outfit for a parade but, he was still proud of his armor piece and felt it just as appropriate for a day of celebration as it would to don it for its mended purpose. Made from the spikey scales and hardened bone pieces of a Spirestalker lizard that he and some of his friends had hunted down. His mother and father had worked together to drill the holes and fasten the armor together. This was the piece that had started his yearning to be a weapon smith, watching his parents work together to create a very ornate and functional piece of armor from the scales of such a hideous beast. Traditionally, the skull of a Spirestalker was used to create a shield like weapon called a Klar. A weapon that his Shoanti brotheren used to great affectiveness in combat. But, Fist of Fire preferred to keep his hands free, loose, and agile. So, his father had actually taken the time and patience to meld the a skull of a younger lizard into the shoulder piece of Tiketi's armor, carving intricate patterns to give a persona to it. The armor fit him like a glove. Even though it had been made almost 4 years prior now and he had grown almost 3 inches in that time, the methods used to create it, helped the sinnews and chains connecting the plates to expand and contract around the wearer, to be almost more of a heavy shirt than a piece of armor.

He felt something wet on his hand, and looked down to see his companion, Tituuk. "Thanks boy. Can't help it. It's been over two years since I have seen them. It just kinda takes over sometimes. Don't worry. We'll see our families again soon." Tiketi, "ToadWallow" took a moment to pet his companion, a now massive muscular 4 year old Red Bull Mastiff. "Let's go to a party shall we?" He slings his shoulder leather over (a belt holster fashioned to go over the shoulder holding his axe), clips on his waist belt and heads back up to the front room, stopping only momentarily as he passed by a mirror hanging on a wall peg.

Tiketi was not an overly handsome man, in fact, his nickname of "Toadwallow" was probably more appropriate for his visage than his personality or attitude. He would not be winning many hearts or charming many of the fairer sort with his non-descript charcoal brown eyes. But, he still seems to draw respect of others, not because of any air of royalty or wit, neither of which suited him. His approach has been gained by years of living in the wilderness off of the land and its offerings. Years spent relying on personal strength and cunning to grow and survive in the peaks of the Wyvern Mounts. Even two years of sleeping on a decent bed has not reduced the wear and roughness in his face and hands that his nomadic upbringing came to implant. His body was lean, angular, rangy, and muscular. Standing just short of 6 foot 5, average for a Shoanti, but giantish to a commoner, his height also contributed to the way others react when he approaches.. Maybe not straight intimidation, as Tiketi's personality was not of the bullying sort, but apprahension none the less, figuring the amount of self control and high pain thresholds one must endure to have a tattoo placed on one's head and body in the wilderness where the tools to do such work are not as ... up to par

Those that know of the meanngs behind tribal patterns would immediately recognize the Hawk scribed into his head as markings to connect him with the Shriikirri-Quah. His pale grey tunic and armored shirt hide a dozen or more other markings that cover his upper torso.

Looking to make sure Das' guards were well watered, he takes a last gaze around the shop to make sure everything is in its place and locked... A thief would have to be crazy to try anything with the Korvut Crew in house though.

"Come on, boy.." And they head toward Cracktooth's stall....

Jal walks into the common room and heads straight over to where several notices are tacked onto the wall. He flips through and finds the one he had previous posted himself. A moment of elation washes over him as he sees something written along the bottom. Peering a little closer he sees that it reads “Get a JOB! Foolish Adventurer”

Grabbing the notice off the wall he crumbles it in his hide gauntlet fist. Three days and not a single soul had shown any interest in navigating through the ruins of the Old Light. Well, how much could he expect, its not like he was offering any gold in advance or even offering to fund the expedition. Though he’s recently heard of an old man by the named of Brodert Quink that resides in the uptown district along the western coast on Tower Street whom he hopes might be persuaded to organize an exploration mission.

Perhaps this festival will draw some adventurous souls to the town he thought.

Still, he wasn’t sure if he was angered by the lack of interest or that the anonymous respondent may be right! He glances over to the bar where and ubiquitous board reads “Help Wanted”, he shakes his head and says aloud “it hasn’t come down to that.., yet.” He goes and takes a seat at one of the tables relatively near the bar with a view to the Inn’s entrance so that he can easily see any newcomers. The aroma in the air eases him a bit as he knows that he can at least look forward to another of Amekio’s scrumptious meals.

Cael

The young human girl (probably no more then 13) nods her head as you open the door & greet her, turns & walks away. She stops a few doors down & knocks softly there as well "Brother Deacon, are you awake....".

You leave the small room behind for the day & make your way to the dining area, it's small but it does offer a place to sit & have a meal. There is a old woman cooking up breakfast this morning, Sister Shaela, a old human woman, that really should be sitting in front of a fireplace enjoying her twilight years, but she was devoted to Father Tobyn (anther person taken in by the priest many years ago, she treated him like he was her son, even thou their ages were only 10 or so years apart) & was really shook up over his death, she insisted she stay on with the church, even if she "drops dead during a prayer", her own words of course.

"Ahh good mornin to yah, Cael." she says as you come up to get some breakfast. "I see Father Zantus has you up early, ha ha, gotta make everything perfect I guess". she adds as she scoops up some eggs & hashbrowns from the stovetop, she also gives you a biscuit. "Oh almost forgot, she grabs a mug & turns slowly toward a barrel & turns a knob, pouring out some water. "Here yah go."

The dining area has long tables set up to seat the few priests & few acolytes that call the cathedral home. You find a table & sit down to have your meal. A few other priests trickle in while your eating, they give you a morning hi & such. After awhile you finish & put your dishes into a area where the acolytes will wash them later , take the last drink of water & head off to find Father Zantus.

After asking around you find out he is in the main temple area.

Tiketi

After about an hour of getting things in order, you head out the door, with Tiketi by your side, a constant companion to you ever since you earned him by crafting the spear for your chieftain.

Looking around you see the weather appears it'll be nice today, the air smells clean & fresh after the last two days of rain, something allot of the townsfolk were dreading, not that the festival would be canceled due to it, just people didn't want to be standing in it. A bit of the morning fog still lingers in town, but you see the morning sun is burning it off pretty rapidly.

You turn off Festival street onto High Street & head down it toward the Cathedral (where majority of the stalls have been setup, as this will be the main area for the Swallowwtail Festival). As you are heading down the street you see a group of children playing, one looks mad & appears to be "roughing" up anther one, you pass them with no heed, but as you get a few steps away you hear a couple of them singing a tune that catch your ear (what they say is on the stubbdog.com forum)

Karyn

"Ah yes, a outsider from the looks of him, I'll go see what I can get err sell him & with a big smile Draken runs off toward the warrior.

The halfling comes up the man & says "Hello! I'm Draken Tolaryn of Ravenmoor, a merchant of all sorts of goods, please to make your acquittance this fine morning." & extends his hand in a greeting. "My young associate & I (he points toward the camp, you see a young woman in leather armor breaking down a small tent) are here in Sandpoint to take in the festivies & hopefully sell a few things, care to take a gander at what he have for sale?"

he waits a bit for an answer but promptly says...

"Since your our first customer this morning & we haven't set up fully, we'll offer a one time discount to whatever you buy from us, surely it'll be cheaper then what you find within the walls of Sandpoint this fine morning, a waiting fee of sorts."

"So what do you say, interested?"..

You see the halfing is engaged with talk the man, you & Draken got into Sandpoint or the area late last night, having walked the Lost Coast road in the rain & Draken deciding it best to make camp outside the city as not to attract the attention of thieves or guardsmen wanting ridiculous entry fee taxes, according to Draken. You start to break the camp down, partially ignoring Draken's opening speech to the man, when you notice something moving in brushes near the camp..

Dimmesius

Standing at the sign, a auburn haired halfling dressed in a red shirt with a yellow vest with black pants comes up to you & extends his hand

"Hello! I'm Draken Tolaryn of Ravenmoor, a merchant of all sorts of goods, please to make your acquittance this fine morning." & extends his hand in a greeting. "My young associate & I (he points toward the camp, you see a young woman in leather armor breaking down a small tent) are here in Sandpoint to take in the festivies & hopefully sell a few things, care to take a gander at what he have for sale?"

he waits a bit for an answer but promptly says...

"Since your our first customer this morning & we haven't set up fully, we'll offer a one time discount to whatever you buy from us, surely it'll be cheaper then what you find within the walls of Sandpoint this fine morning, a waiting fee of sorts."

"So what do you say, interested?"..

***(Jal, Vandarian I'll post tomorrow***

"Good morn to you, Sister Shaela. May Erastil's light shine upon any seeds that you sow this fine fair day!" Cael greets the kindly woman. He takes the food graciously and eats quickly making sure to eat and drink every last crumb and drop, knowing that a morning of good hard work awaited.

After bidding Shaela a good day, Cael goes in search of Father Zanthus and is directed to the main temple. Upon seeing his friend, Cael's thin face breaks into a broad grin. "Good morn, Father. I hope that your worry over the festivities this day did not intrude too badly upon the little sleep that you allowed yourself. What last minute preparations do you have in mind for us this fine day?"

Jal looks over his shoulder and sees Veldarian approaching.

“Ah, their you are.” he says in a bit of a troubled tone. He looks his companion over and notices that he isn’t wearing his usual armor attire. “what gives?” he says a bit more coarse than he expected, due to his disappointment about his Old Light notice.

Vandarian looks quizzically at Jal. "Is there something wrong with my attire? I thought to day was a festival day? I did not want to give offense by attending attired as if for war." He looks down at his sword. "Or is it my blade that is the issue. It is customary at elven festivals for there to be contests of swordplay. Forgive me, but I still am not familiar with the local customs."

“Ah.., its not you my friend, though I had the mind of appearing more.., how would you say it, conspicuous.” he says with the slightest hint of a grin. There was something about Vandarian that made Jal feel more at ease, perhaps it was because Elves were so long lived, and Jal was sure Vandarian was easily over a hundred years of age, and that represented an older male role which has never been a part of his life. Once he even wondered if in 500 years time if his friend would even remember whom he was or even existed, perhaps lost in the countless memories such a long lived humanoid as Vandarian could accumulate in his lifetime.

"Should I go change?"

“Well, you are armed and you can always give a nasty sneer if need be, your probable right. Though you never know if by hap chance while were there that some noble or well to do merchant might take an interest to the right pair of able body adventures that look like they can handle some business for them.”

Jal then discards the notice onto the table to show Vandarian the current state of things.

Looking at the discarded notice, Vandarian's eyes narrow with sudden comprehension.

"Poor news on the Old Light front?"

“take a look for yourself” Jal say as he cuffs the notice across the table.

“We best hope the festival draws some newcomers with an interest in checking out the Old Light or hope that something else turns up that we can get involved in, of course there’s that old Quink gentleman in the uptown district I mentioned, we could have gone to see him today if it weren’t for the festival an all.”

Vandarian nods and waits for his breakfast order. After a simple but filling breakfast, after ensuring that Jal has finished savoring his meal, Vandarian rises and stretches.

"We let us be off and see what the festival has to offer us. I for one, plan to enjoy a relaxing day with no one trying to kill me."

“Aye” Jal adds in agreement as he stands. “Though a new day can bring with it new rewards, lets hope there’s plenty left for us, lets hurry then my friend before its all gone!” he exclaims with a sly smile.

After payment has been attended to they make their way to the exit. They join the other residents of Sandpoint that are bustling about, and make their way to the Swallowtail Festival.

"grumble grumble"

The Auburn bronze eyes of Tituuk turn from the children to look up at his master with a quizzical look, as they come to a pause where Soggy Alley branches off of High Street.

"What do you think, Tituuk? Go over to Lady Magravi's for some breakfast? Or head up to see if someone has set up a good food stall for the celebration?"

Tiketi looks to the sky up the hill above the village... no smoke. If there is any food up there, its either not ready yet or its not of the cooked variety.

"We have plenty of time for the festival, its still early and the speeches wont happen for a while. Besides, Lanalee always has something good for you and who knows what stories the old woman will come up with today."

The pair turn up Soggy towards Risa's place and breakfast.

Jal & Veldarian

Jal you make your way down to the common room, & sit down to have a bite to eat before heading out. The Rusty Dragon Inn is a nice place & one of the most popular places in all of Sandpoint. You notice on the walls of the wooden structure are artwork, which appears to be from the land of Kaijitsu family (appears to be Oriental in a way), there is even a few weapons on the wall. You recall from local hush hush, Amekio went off to be an adventurer , much to disregard of her father, but came back to Sandpoint a few years ago & bought the building & turned it into the inn that it is now.

A young half-elfin barmaid comes out of the back with a try of glasses & see you, she puts the try down & walks over to you, "Ahh good morning, Jal, the usual for this morning?" she gives you a smile & a wink & disappears into the back & after a bit comes out with your morning meal. "still no luck with that posting eh?? "It's shame really, but with Qwink not all there in head yah know (at this she take a finger & twirls it at the side of her head "ie crazy"), probably the reason why no one has taken yah up on it.", she pauses a bit & with a slight stare at yah she says "Well, gotta get back to work, Amekio's been up most of the morning preparin her dish for the festival today, with food being furnished by the Sandpoint merchants & all", with that she kinda rolls her eyes. "Gotta run, see yah."

The young girl makes her way back over to the bar & puts the glasses below & returns to the back. You noticed there is only 1 other person in the common room at the time, person you've never seen, he has long black hair, held out of his face by a headband, a full beard & is dressed in plate mail, a longsword & shield rest near him. The man is gobbling up a morning meal.

After a few minutes, the man notices you & gives you a nod & gets up & grabs his gear & heads out the door. Veldarian comes into the room after he has left & sits down at your table. After a bit the same half-elf barmaid comes out & is about to clean up the man's table when she sees you, "Should have known if Jal was up, you'd be up as well, so how are things these days?" You order your breakfast & she goes into the back, a few minutes later she comes back out with the meal. "So I see today is the last day you two will be staying with us, unless something changes of course, too bad I liked having your company around", she slightly turns toward Jal, giving him a eye. "So are you guys gonna hit the Festival today?" "I'll be there, but Amekio's short on hands today, so I'll be helping her mostly."

The door to the back opens & a young woman comes out "Talshaea, ah there you are, come on girl I need your help in here!!! These salmon aren't going to cook themselves you know!!"

"Oh, hello, guys, last day for the room just to let you know. I hope you guys will find a way to stay, I've enjoyed having you as a patron, but alas not much going on these days as far as adventuring, not much in the area I guess."

"Come, come 'shaea, there will be time to gwak later at the festival!!" "Coming, mam!" Amekio disappears into the back & the girl goes to clean up the warrior's dishes & before she goes through the backdoor, she turns to the both of you "bye, see yah at the festival".

Ameiko-vi.jpg

This is Amekio Kaijitsu. The owner of the Rusty Dragon & daughter to Lonjiku Kaijitsu.

Tiketi

"Ruff!" Tituuk says as you mention breakfast & seems to know the way to Risa's. The tavern knew the dog & he knew it & he ran up ahead, but not far enough to be out of sight from you.

You make your way up to the tavern, a small building set near the cliff with the Cathedral & town boneyard up top. Around the area are residental buildings & there are townspeople moving about, most give you a "Good morning". You open the door to the tavern & there are no other patrons inside but you do see Besk, Risa's oldest son sitting behind the bar. The young man sees you,

"Good morning Tiketi, out & about I see on this fine morning, I see Das let yah out of work today, ha ha."

"So what will it be?"

"Bark!!"

"Oh sorry I should have known you'd be here as well, Tituuk." Lanalee isn't here right now but I think I can find something in the back for yah."

"I'll be right back"