Jump to content

haldir

Rise of the Runelords

Recommended Posts

Dimmesius immediatly crouches low as well. He starts in the direction in which Karyn indicates. As Dimmesius makes his way around he has both hands on the handle of 'headsplitter'.

 

As he moves he hears Karyn state:

"Draken, do we have any of that Harpy stink? It looks like a dog-eater."

 

Dimmesius asks, "Is it only 1?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He has his hand out to you, in the other appears to be a horse-shoeing tool

 

"Sorry, where is my manners, name is Daviren Hosk, owner of the Goblin Squash Stables. I see you don't have horses, so you must be here for something else?"

“Mornin, names Jal and this here is Veldarian” he says shaking the offered hand and motioning his head with a nod over to Veldarian

 

“if I had the coin to spare, I rightly wouldn’t mind owning such a fine animal as a horse, and likely stabl’em here too since were lodged over in Amekio place.” Jal looks over the assorted number of goblin ears “interesting collection you have there, how many you figure you have in total?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at Karyn, Dimmesius unsheaths 'headsplitter' and wields it in both hands, trying to be as quite as he can he begins to move of in the direction to flank the intruder..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annoyed at himself for letting her see his thoughts, Tiketi diverts the conversation. "What does 'Vansaya' mean anyway? And how did you come upon this piece?"

 

Tituuk momentarily took his eyes off of Toadwallow, as some kids noisely run past the front entrance. A solid guard dog as any Fists of Fire had ever seen in his village. Not much escaped Tituuk's watchful gaze.

 

Next the huffing and puffing of an older man trying to push a wheeled cart toward the square. From the smell in the air, Tiketi guessed it to be smoked meats that filled his heavy cart. Savah's place wasn't too far off from the square, but it was still on the downhill side with a fairly decent incline up to the chapel. It quickly becomes apparent that while on the flat, he was able to move it along, but now that he was trying to get his cart up the hill, the old man was beginning to struggle.

 

Whether or not Savah answered the question about the crossbow or not, Tiketi will have to try and remember later, but he was out the door before he realized it and along side the man, pushing the cart. Apparently, one of the wheels had gotten itself into a larger crack between the cobblestones and not that it was stuck, but the old sap just didnt have the strength to push the cart both up hill and out of this crack.

 

The cart was heavy from its cargo, but nothing to concerning for Tiketi. He was a bit surprised that the old man didnt have some form of stock animal to help him get his cart up the hill. Each man has a story, and he was in no position to inquire why the man tried to go it himself.

 

So, only one thing to say..."Where to?" ....

 

Tituuk was close behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Knowing that Father Zanthus has many preparations for the day to complete (especially now that a marriage proposal is in the mix,) Cael does not hinder him any further. Bidding his friend farewell for the time being, he returns the blessings of Erastil on the day and heads out to do his errands, privately beaming at the words of praise bestowed upon him from the father. Father Tobyn was a valued friend and advisor and knowing that Zanthus feels that Tobyn would approve of what he has done here makes Cael feel a bit warmer inside.

 

Making his way swiftly across town, Cael is not in so much of a hurry that he doesn't slow up from time to time to greet the other citizens that he sees and spread as much goodwill towards the church as possible, (this includes the Shoanti blacksmith with the tattooed head,) bidding them the blessings of Erastil on this fine festival day.

 

When he is stopped outside of Sandpoint Theatre, he heartily returns the greeting of Cyrdak and responds, "I'm not sure what kind of time I'll have this evening, good Cyrdak. I'll try to make the show if possible, but we'll be awfully busy with the Swallowtails today, so who knows?"

 

He continues on to Madame Myashti's and raps upon the door.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He has his hand out to you, in the other appears to be a horse-shoeing tool

 

"Sorry, where is my manners, name is Daviren Hosk, owner of the Goblin Squash Stables. I see you don't have horses, so you must be here for something else?"

“Mornin, names Jal and this here is Veldarian” he says shaking the offered hand and motioning his head with a nod over to Veldarian

 

“if I had the coin to spare, I rightly wouldn’t mind owning such a fine animal as a horse, and likely stabl’em here too since were lodged over in Amekio place.” Jal looks over the assorted number of goblin ears “interesting collection you have there, how many you figure you have in total?”

 

"Greetings." Looking quizical, Veldarian moves closer to examine the ears and asks, "If they don't read, then how do they know that their names are inscibed on these ears? And what language is this?" Turning to Daviren he continues. "There are so many here. Were they all obtained locally, is there a large problem with them?"

Veldarian suddenly stops looking somewhat chagrined. "Pardon my questions. I am new to this land and simply seek to expand my knowledge of the local area and conditions."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jal & Veldarian

 

Looking at Jal, Daviren says "Ah yes Amekio, good kid, shame that her father & her aren't seeing eye to eye with each other lately, but her father, Lonjiku I guess is stuck in his ways & such, ehh no matter, kid got a good head on her shoulders." "Funny never have see either of you too around, go into the 'dragon every now & then for a bite to eat, but I have a place of my own here in town."

 

"As how many, well years ago there was the Bonegrinder Tribe that roamed these parts, one tribe out of many in the region, but now there are very few left if any, probably integrated into the other tribes, if those other tribes had them, gobbies are so pigheaded when it comes to the tribal thing, one thinks they are superior to the other one & doesn't want the weakling tribe in, fear it'll weaken the tribe, but I'd say I killed over 30 of the buggars, the topping on the cake, you might say is this...." (he leaves for a bit, into a side room & returns with a large jar inside is......) "Chief Whartus himself, Ha Ha!!" Killed their leader & they just scattered to the four winds after that, little bast'rds deserved more for what they did to my family thou....." with that he pauses a bit, "Anyways I keep ole Wartie here as reminder!!"

 

turning to Veldarian he says

 

"Well the language is in the common tongue" (you can make out goblin-ish names, thou hard due to the way they are written & considering the medium used to write on).

 

"The ones you see here were ones I took time to kill off before I struck them down I asked them their name, if they didn't give it to me, I tortured them first until they gave it, most didn't, however, but no matter, I still got rid of them."

 

"The writing is a bit crude as I did most of those after my group assaulted their lair, lost a couple of good friends in that raid, but it was worth it & they knew going into it as well.

 

" I spent probably a couple weeks hidin in the bushes & their lairs to learn allot of them, the Chief's guard, shaman's name, heck even some of the common grunts, I wanted to know."

 

"Now goblins believe that writing is bad, that part right there is almost enough to combat a goblin, as they think it's unlucky. To them, write a word down & it's like stealing, they use pictures for all their stuff, go into their lairs & you'll see their graffiti all over the place, filthy little buggers.

 

"Well there are many tribes in the area, most are unorganized & such, but there are a few with the 'nads to say mount something, nothing like say take on Sandpoint here, goblins are too stupid to do something like that, but they're mostly like rats, allot of them & hard to get rid of. Take out a bunch & more seem to pop out of no where to replace the ones you killed, vermin they are " with that he spits on the ground.

 

"A good goblin is a dead & forgotten goblin!!", the old man sounding a bit bitter as the conversation goes along.

 

"Sorry, one thing that gets my blood boiling is goblins, I apologize for that, now where were we, oh yah, no horses."

 

Cael

"If your looking for Niska, her & one those druids that come into town every now then from the hinterlands went out for a walk, not more then a hour ago, they are probably either in town or just outside it. They headed toward the southern way out of Sandpoint, might try that way if you need to find her. Niska doesn't walk to fast, so probably catch up with them."

 

"Ah good, you'd be sorry you missed this show!!", skipping a bit & clapping his hands in delight at your response. With that the theatre owner happily goes back to making his building nice & shiny, whistling a tune while he works.

 

Tiketi

 

"You know I have no idea, probably just a name the previous owner gave it, maybe even someone, I don't know." Savah says.

 

"Just the person that owned it, some adventure type, who was heading up to Riddleport about a year ago, was low on cash, I mean travelling to Riddleport & low on cash already, anyways, sold it to me & it has stayed here since, maybe I should mark it down, you know for the Festival & all, ha ha.

 

She is about to say something else, when you are suddenly not there......

 

....."Ah thank you lad, never thought I'd need a horse, but how much upkeep is on one of those things, not worth it" the old man says, as you help get the cart out of the hole. Stopping a bit, as the man catches his breath, short & a bit portly, the man says in between breaths

 

"Teethketah, right?" the man asks "Aliver Podiker or as most of my customers call me "Pillbug", owner of the Pillbug Pantry, your source for medcines & other helpful remedies." (upon hearing the name you notice his shop just down the street, either the man was either really weak or just way out of the shape to be puffing as hard as was) extending his hand to you in thanks.

 

"Oh, anywhere in the square is fine, thou I'd like to find a spot near the High Street road (which is on the southern edge of the square), you know less walk to get back to the shop after all the festivities are over with." he says & he starts to walk ahead of the cart, not thinking about lifting the cart again, now that your here to help him out.

 

Karyn, Dimmesius

 

"You know, I'm pretty sure we have a couple jars left of the stuff, funny how you seem to have some around when you need it" the halfling says to your rouse, but whatever it is, in the tall grasses doesn't move, with no response from it, Draken circles toward the left of the spot that Karyn pointed out, crouching down to make himself disappear into the grasses, still a bit away from the spot of the creature.

 

 

Dimmesius

 

as you grip your weapon you move toward the creature in the tall grasses, how far away are you from the spot that Karyn seen it last? Actually how far is everyone from the spot (the camp is probably 30 feet away from the where the creature was last spotted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Actually how far is everyone from the spot (the camp is probably 30 feet away from the where the creature was last spotted.

You said I was about 20' away, I'll go with that.

 

My plan is to charge in and grapple the little bugger if I won initiative. If I haven't I'm not sure yet (depends on what they do or what happens)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Close enough," Tiketi says in a light shrug. He wasnt too worried about whether this man said his name correct or not. It was a good thing that Savah's shop was already so close to the square. He didnt want to have to help this man any further than he had to. Man might be just fine, but Tiketi wasn't too appreciative of the him just walking off like that. "Just deal with it and move on," he tells himself. With that, he grabs a hold of the handles, lifts and begins moving the cart up High Street towards the square.

 

Unfortunately for Pill, and Tiketi, since he waited so long to start moving his cart to the square, most of the good spots between High Street and Junker' Way are already taken. Others realized that all foot traffic from the town would have to enter from one of those two streets. "Looks like you are gonna have to move in a bit, unless you want to get pushed back in that grassy area over there beside Kesk Jeweler's place.." Seeing that Pill did not want to get pushed to the back, Tiketi followed Pillbug in toward the center of the square, finally nestling in a small spot between two booths just big enough really to squeeze his cart between. There was not a lot of space here, but it would have to do. He carefully rolls the cart into place, sets down the handles, and looks around.

 

To the left was a small booth, that was more like a table and shelves. A small wooden sign that read in simple but elegant script writing, Vernah's Fine Clothing. Two women were unpacking some clothing items and colorful wool quilts out of boxes, folding them and putting them on the tables and shelves for display.

 

To the right, an intricate and ornate sign embellished wth sparkly pieces of colored glass reading as SandPoint Glassworks hangs overhead. A few jingles and tinkles float in the air, as glass wind chimes, hanging from the sign clink together in the morning breeze. The Glassworks booth itself is really no more than what looks like a glass armoire with a few delicate colored glass vases gleam from the sun's rays. Obviously, the owners of this booth are not wanting to risk having any unexpected accidents resulting in shattered shards all around. They mean to only tease the goods here at the festival, but have any true buyers go back to their shop for the choice options.

 

Looking down into his partners eyes Tiketi says to his four legged friend, "Lets find us a spot boy, wont be long before this place will look like an ant swarm finding a fresh bug. I would just assume not be that bug when they get here." Looking around, he sees a spot over by the square fountain not big enough for any other late coming carts to squat in. "That looks like a good place. We should be able to sit over there on that side of the fount and watch the show from there without getting trampled or constantly moved." And with that they bid good day to Pill, and make their way across to the spot near the fountain, where they can sit and people watch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Veldarian waits long enough for Jal to finish his discussion about horses. As he waits, he looks around interestedly, occasionally plucking cocoons and cobwebs from the corners of the rafters and tucking them into the pouch at his belt.

After Jal is done, Veldarian turns to him and says,

"We should be heading to the festival. I'm looking forward to observing the local customs. And then," he says, shaking his money pouch for emphasis, " we will need to see about seeking some means of employment."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Sorry to hear of your loss Daviren, we’d don’t much care for the little buggers either” he says as he looks into the jar holding Chief Whartus. “if the opportunity every presents itself, I’ll return and add to your collection, if you’ll permit me that is, though I’d doubt any I bring could match this bugger in here” he says as he taps on the jar.

 

“Though finding adventure around these parts is scarce, we spend most of our time looking about, its perhaps why our path haven’t crossed at Amekio place. Why, we’ve even posted a notice to see if any others had an interest in exploring about the Old Light, but alas there was no luck. The only remote thing that’s happen is a warrior I saw in the Rusty Dragon this morning, and judging from his attire it suggested that he may have a horse stabled here, or so we hoped he did and that he may still be about? Perhaps, we could learn from him a bit more of other adventures in the area or even collaborate if at all possible.”

 

Jal gives Daviren the description of the warrior, after which Veldarian reminds him of the days activities

 

"We should be heading to the festival. I'm looking forward to observing the local customs. And then," he says, shaking his money pouch for emphasis, " we will need to see about seeking some means of employment."

 

“Ah, yes, we should be going.”

 

Turning to Daviren he adds “if the warrior is one of your customers we’d appreciate it if you’ll pass our inquires along, and we’ll return after the festivities or tomorrow in hopes that he’s left some word for us.” he turns to leave “and if you happen to have a couple good mare’s for sale after we rustle up some extra coins, well.., consider them sold!” he adds with a friendly wink and wave of his hand

 

“Well my friend, lets see what this festival has to offer and what fun there is to be had” he says to Veldarian as they leave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dimmesius watching Karyn sneek upon the subject positions himself in a flanking position. Giving Karyn a quick nod, thinking to himself, "Hopefully its only one....." , gripping his sword handle very tight with both hands stands at the ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dimmesius & Karyn

 

With Draken on one side & Dimmesius on the other of the creature you start to move toward what is ever in there. As Draken & Dimmesius are about 15 feet from the spot, all of a sudden 2 small vipers emerge from the bushes, hissing at you. The same happens to Draken. Everyone roll for initiative.

Jal & Veldarian

 

"I don't give out no info on my customers, but I will say the man you seek has left here, just a sellsword passin through." the old man says, not in a bitter sense but just that he doesn't talk about his customers. "Yes, enjoy the festival, the town has gone to great lengths for this year with the grand opening of the new church & all + free food!!" the man says as he overhears your conversation of the Swallowtail Festival.

 

He returns the jar of the goblin chief to it's spot & returns. "Don't have much to sell at the moment, but occasionally I do get in a few steeds from passing merchants or people just wanting to get rid of them" upon returning, he says at your response to buying a horse. "Well if that is all you needed, I need to return to my work, as I too want to go to the festival & partake in the festivities, I'll see you too around town, I guess" With that the old man gives you a nod & then returns to his work.

 

Cael

 

You make your way past Grocer's Market, the halfling owner Olmur Danvakus, gives you "Good mornin!", as you pass, skirting the edge of the empty Sandpoint Market area you make your down Market Street, passing Sandpoint Meat Market & Sandpoint Mercantile League, the owner of SML, Sir Jasper Korvaski, a paladin of Abadar, locking the door, gives you a "Good morning Cael. How are things up at the Church these days, about to head up there myself but I need to help my sister, Hayliss first. I see your headin my way, mind if I walk with you?"

 

You continue down Market Street & come to the Rusty Dragon Inn (named of course for the rusty iron dragon that sits atop the building's roof), you think to yourself,"maybe someday I'll take in that place, with the church being your home, you've never have had a real reason to go inside, even with the word of the good food."

 

To the South is Salmon Street & you pass the Goblin Squashed Stables, to the south of that are the Sandpoint Boutique & next to it is Whisker Street. Securing a cart of goods is Hayliss Korvaski (owner of the Boutique), she sees the two of you & says to Jasper, angrily,

 

"Well it's about time, I should have been up there an hour ago!!" "I'm sorry sis, I had to deal with a couple of out of towners wanted to make sure their plans were still booked for Magnimar......""Oh figures you'd help strangers first, then blood kin!!" she interrupts the man.

 

"Well I'm here now, I'm sure we can get your goods up there, I mean it's still early, I'm sure we'll find a good spot." Jasper says to try & calm his sister. "Yah, I guess so, just wish you would have gotten her on time".

 

Jasper grabs the handles on the cart & starts to push towards the church square, but stops & turns "Oh, I almost forgot to say goodbye to you Cael, hope everything is ok with you, you seem to be in rush this morning", with that he gives a courteous bow says "Abadar guides your way through town & hope you find what you are looking for" & returns to his work. Shayliss gives you a "good day" & as the two head off you can still hear she is upset about Jasper's lateness.

 

You come to where River Street goes off to the North & next to it a big building, Two Knight's Brewery, you see a sign in the window,

 

Up at the church square today, come & have a taste.

Gaven

Thinking back you remember the first time you met the "two knights" that owned the Brewery, Gaven Deverin & his late brother, Wade. Both men were jolly fellows with a passion for beverage making only matched by their devotion to Abadar. Both of them paladins in Abadar's service the two men decided that their help would be more suited in town, I mean if your gonna follow a deity of the city, why not make something people would enjoy, with that you give a slight chuckle.

 

As you cross the bridge that goes over the Turandarok River, you think about that day that Gaven came to the church, holding his dead brother in his arms, the man's eyes & tongue were cut from him & was slashed viscously across his throat, the work of the madman called Chopper, one of his first victims you recall as well. From that day, the brew hasn't been the same, but understandably so.

 

As you cross you see the bridge guard, if he could be called that, probably no more then 16 winters old, equipped with in studded leather & holding a halberd.The kid gives you a "Good morning, so not taking in the festivities today?"

 

Tiketi

 

"Ah well, I guess this will do, Teekeeta" & offers you a couple coppers from his coin pouch he pulls from his vest, as a token of his thanks. "Well I best be getting set up, hope you enjoy the festivities." The fat man starts to unfold a table & even pulls down the sides of his cart, making a makeshift stand & starts to set up things for a day of business he hopes to have.

 

You make your way over to the fountain & are about to sit down, when you hear "Hey, Toad' we need your help over here!!!" without looking you instantly recognize the voice as Das Korvut's. You see that him & the half-orc Jesk Berinni or as everyone calls him “Cracktooth” for one of his broken tusks, are trying to put up a sign that reads "Cracktooth's Tavern".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×