Jump to content
haldir

Rise of the Runelords

Recommended Posts

Karyn relinquishes her charge to Wade and says...

 

"He's not sick, he's been poisoned. Snakes of some sort, with some ugly goblin-snake freak leading them. Do you have any anti-venom? We've got the coin for it..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the smells of food tickles his senses Jal breaths in slowly takin in the rich aromas.

 

I bet I could find the Rusty Dragon with my eyes close if I wanted to, he thinks as a grin crosses his face and he licks his lips.

 

 

"Ah, welcome to the Rusty Dragon Inn, please have a seat anywhere you'd like to, I'll be with you in a minute.

As the woman goes by Jay replies as she makes her way to the back

 

“I’m actually her to see Amekio, if you wouldn’t mind giving her a holler for me while your’n back there I’d appreciate it, names Jal by the way.” He finishes as he steps up to the bar and looks about the common room to see if any of the patrons look new to the town or out of place, perhaps giving him some indication that they may be adventures as well.

 

Hmmm, wonder where Talshaea gone off to, he wonders, expecting to have seen her here instead of this new waitress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Veldarian follows Jal thorugh the town, pausing briefly to regard the Tundarok Academy. With a slight shrug of his shoulders, he lengthens his stride to rejoin Jal.

 

Entering the Rusty Dragon, Veldarian's eyes quickly adjust to the dimmer light of the inn. Nodding an acknowledgement to the waitress, he slides into a booth and idlely scans the common room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"You have a way with children." a familiar voice says ...

 

"Not really. Just letting him direct his own path." ..... "A child needs to decide for himself whether he will take charge of a situation and not be scared, or if he will let his town sheltered upbringing and simple intimidation keep him from achieving his goal."

 

Toad pauses again momentarily...

 

"Our people, who live true to nature, we know we have to test our children the ways of the world early on. There is little place for the timid and meek where there are no city walls to proect you." As he mentions his people, the thought of a dark haired stranger wearing Shoanti made armor comes drifting back into memory.... A slight scoul comes across Toad's face that he does not hide...

 

But, not wanting to turn this new dicussion into a public roul, he struggles to keep an even tone as the memory creeps into his voice, "I saw something today that I did not think I would ever see. I saw a Chelaxian wearing Shoanti armor." He gives a moment to let it sink in. "Once more I further cannot fathom why I saw a certain female's signature work involved in this armor." With each word, he feels an internal argument growing within himself, fighting amongst his insides.. wanting to jump out and bite at her for lowering herself to that level just for a few coins.. but not wanting to create a public spectical... Remembering the overwhelming passion that had soard up in his veins earlier that day.. he mashed his teeth..

 

He was never good at hiding his feelings. An intelligent man, Tiketi was..., a smart man, not necessarily. His emotions often got the best of him. Its one of the things that made him good in combat, but not the best of friends..

 

Muscles naturally tensed, and almost biting his lip he forces himself to stop there, verbally saying no more. But, screaming at her thru his gaze. Waiting to see where she would choose to take this "conversation...."

 

Now, wishing he had somehow been able to avoid this thought. He had never intended to start this conversation.. He already knew that nothing good could come from this discussion...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walking the perimeter of the log Dimmesius spies a crack. Thinking to himself, "It might just be worth a shot." he grabs headsplitter in his hands. He approaches the crack to one side of the opening and thrusts headsplitter to the inside furiously......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dimmesius

 

You make it like you leave the frighten viper alone & with a quick strike you slam your greatsword down & even with the cover of the log, catch the viper & cleave it into 2 pieces. Satisfied that you've finally have vanquished your foe you take a breather, turning you see that the woman & the halfling have vanished, thou the creature that lead the vipers has been killed. You recall now that the woman snatched up the halfling & ran toward town, rushing him inside for help, telling you to guard their belongings.

 

Karyn

(game note, the man holding Draken isn't Wade but is Gaven, Wade is dead, sorry for the confusion)

 

"Poison, you say?" Hannah say with a concerned look on her face. "Gozrah hasn't bessed me yet with the power to conjure the spell to neutralize poison, but I'm more then a spell caster, but a herbalist, I have something at my place that can help." Hannah turns toward Gaven "Gaven, take the halfling to my place on double, we'll be right behind you."

 

"Yes, ma'am" Gaven says & with that the man rushes off toward the South of town. "Come, child my place is on the south end of town. I was off to the fields to gather & replenish my herbal supplies when you called for help." Hannah says to you & with that the two of you follow Gaven & Draken.

 

Leaving the square, you make your way down High Street & then turn Southward onto Festival Street, all the while Gaven shouting "MAKE WAY, MAKE WAY!! POISON VICTIM!!!" The street is long with various buildings, most of them made of wood, but there are also stone or brick buildings in there as well. The town you can see is comprised of all sorts of races, from a dwarf here to a halfling to of course humans, mostly humans of course. Not surprisingly you see very little elves or gnomes, with both races more akin to the forests & not having much contact with civilization, or at least human settlements.

 

About halfway down you pass a grand building on your right, you see it is the Sandpoint Theater & then a very old huge white manor building & then as you enter a mostly empty square you see a large building behind a few small houses. Gaven & Hanna lead you through the sqaure onto a road that turns past a building with displays of meat & then you get near a building with what appears to be a dragon as the weathervane, turning South again, you take Salmon Street & go past a small business called Sandpoint Boutique, then a few small buildings & then a sign that shows what appears to be a winged fey riding a black cat & across from it a cartoon sign of a bearded fat man eating a giant ham hock. Also the smell of fish is strong in the air.

 

As you pass the final sign you come upon the docks & with a turn to the left are walking on a boardwalk of sorts & passing a building come upon a rather large long house, but your destination is small building behind it. Descending down a small staircase, the elf produces a small key & unlocks the door.

 

"Welcome to home & place of business" she says & ushers you inside with Gaven right behind you "Set him down there." she says to Gaven & the man does as told, all the while the elf is gathering various herbs & a pestle & mortar & is grinding away.

 

"Poison you said, plus a ugly goblin like snake?" Gaven says to you after he has caught his breath. "Sounds like you had a run in with a goblin snake & it's entourage."

 

"Yes, about as smart as a goblin, but due to their form & such, hold a bit of power of goblin-kind" Hannah adds. "Alright, show me where he was bitten." Doing so, the elfin woman rubs the mixture over the wound & then asks you to hold his head up, as she is adding a bit of liquid to the mixture "This will help with the stuff inside his body" she says, her voice more kindly then demanding the whole time.

 

As Draken struggles to engulf the mixture, coughing a bit "I know it's not the best tasting curative, but it will help the healing" she says to you & Draken, Draken all this time has been conscious but the poison has weakened him enough that he is more "out" of it then "in" the entire time.

 

Looking at you, she says "There, I think he'll be ok for now, maybe a bit of bed rest & I'd think a couple days or so, he'll be good as new. I think you were lucky to find me, with the high priest, Abstalar Zantus busy preparing the Swallowtail Festival & such. Thou I'm sure he'd have dropped those plans to care for the halfling." she says not in jest of the high priest, but more or less as a fellow cleric. Also, are you injured? I see various scratches, but wanted to make sure."

 

With that Gaven says to you, "I can help out there, Hannah, you've done enough already. I am a paladin in service of Abadar & if you are injured I can heal your wounds.

(depending on whether or not you ask for healing, Gaven either does this after the healing or during it)

 

"Are you in town for the festival?" Gaven says "If so there will be free lunch provided by our town's most glorious eating establishments, if your light on coin, which I hope your not, as the town's businesses are also on display up in the church square, probably noticed a few of them going up & getting ready when you arrived, but with your rush, probably didn't care, ha ha. Gavin says light-heartedly.

 

Tiketi

 

"Well I'm sorry you disapprove of the armor, but you do realize I have to make a living. Not many people in town come in & buy swords & shields or request to have a suit of plate armor made + it has been awhile since I got to work with hide as well as the man brought to me, Chelixan or not." Savah's expression a bit dour as she continues "Now, before you say that I've gone wacky & too caught up in living here in the city, I do value our heritage, I chose my path it wasn't set down for me. Even thou a Chelixan wanted the work done, you saw this morning that I deal with all kinds of folk, if I chose to alienate people, I'd lose business fast, epically how tight-knit this town is. I'm sorry you are upset in all of this."

 

& for the record, I'd rather not have to deal with Chelixans but their coin is as good as a Shoanti or a dwarf. When the coins stop coming in, you don't get so picky with who you deal with." Savah doesn't appear to be angry but there is a bit of red in her face, but it goes away when she says "besides I upped the price for it anyways, told him it was for improving the Shoanti way of life, he believed me. ha ha"

 

"So you just gonna mope her the entire day or are you actually gonna do something while your here, close to the opening anyways, I see Abstalar is over by the stage, doesn't look like he is happy thou, care to join me or is that fountain gonna get up & walk away without you sitting on it? Savah says with a smirk.

 

Cael

(Cael's bit will be played by the GM, till Styates can return to a regular posting basis)

 

The baying attack by the creature causes you to be overcome with fear & you drop whatever you had in your hand, & start running as fast as you can down the Lost Coast Road the way you came. Madame Mvashti appears to be unfazed by the sonic attack.

 

"You won't get rid of me that easy, black devil" & with that the old woman & with a verbal word & a gesture of her hand & a arrow made of acid shoots from her hand As the arrow appears in her hand, the creature tries to bite the old woman, but she steps away from it & strikes with the arrow at the same wound as the previous spell caused. The creature howls as the acid burns its flesh.

NEXT ROUND

 

The beast tired of "playing" with the old woman inhales a otherworldly breath of air & exhales a breath of hellfire & engulfs the woman entirely with the blast. Madame Mvashti doesn't move when the blast of hellfire is over.Her charred body lays lifeless in the middle of the road, smoking from the blast. It looks around & see the young druid's body & walks over to it, grabs the body by it's teeth & flies away with it's quarry.

 

Cael, as the horror of the beast is in your thought, you get near the fork of the road & turn southward in your panicked state. Your head is starting to clear but the image of the beast is still strong in your thoughts.

 

Jal & Veldarian

 

The waitress, while not being Talshea is nice. She must not have heard you, as she goes into the back & comes back shortly with a tray of food & a beverage for anther table. As Veldarian enters, she says "Hi, my name is Megan & have a seat I'll be with you shortly. (I'm assuming your sitting with Jal?) "Hi, you two are together then? Sorry about that, I was just hired this morning. Actually on my way up to Galduria, as I have an appointment with one of the teachers at the Twilight Academy for winter session." she says, you both of heard of the famous Twilight Academy, a school of magic, rivaled only by the schools, Acadamae of Korvosa & the Stone of Seers in Magnimar.

 

"Just wish my simple magical skills could help me conjure up cash quicker, ha ha" she says.

 

"Hey you! I need more ale! a large man with a burly beard calls from his table.

 

"I'll be with you in a bit." she replies in a kind voice

 

"Well shut yer yapper & get on with it!!" the man rudely replies.

 

"Excuse me, I need this job & well he is impatient." she says & rushes over to the table "I'm sorry for the delay, my first day." she says to the man. You see he is dressed in some furs & including a fur hat that he has on the table & now that you look at him closer, you see a wooden handle of a axe sticking out from the other seat at the booth he is in, appears to be a woodsman of sorts.

 

"Well, if you wanna keep that job, then you'd better get me ale, I'm thirsty." the man says. Your not sure if he is drunk or just rude, as Megan rushes off with the empty mug to get it refilled the man swats her on the rear, as she leaves & gives a hearty laugh.

 

She returns with the drink & sets it down "So hows about you & I head off into the Hinterland together, you look frail & need a man my size to keep yah warm this upcoming winter, besides I be rich you know." the man says as he grabs Megan's wrist.

 

"Please, sir. I'm not that kind of girl, I just need.."

 

"Ah come on sweetie, I know yer type, you look the kinda that'll do anything for a few coins, but my offer was for free." he says to her, not caring who see or hears him, it appears that his grip is getting tighter.

 

"Please, sir you hurting my wrist." her voice in pain at the man's grip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Veldarian, looks up at the scene unfolding before him. His normally thoughful face becomes hard, emphasized by the sharp angles of his elven face. Standing, he steps out from behind the table, and in a voice pitched to carry says:

 

"Your attentions appear to be unwanted. Unhand the woman."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dimmesius pulls 'headplitter' free of the log. Thinking to himself, "That was easy enough....." he sheathes his sword and turns around.

 

Looking back in the direction of the camp at where the other two had been he sees noone except the remains of the camp. He then proceeds back to the camp wondering what had happened to the other two. As he proceeds to the camp he does pay particular attention to his surrioundings for anything else that might catch his attention.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I took a mouthful of the snake-things breath, but I've shaken it off. I wasn't bitten though, so I'm not in need of healing."

 

"Actually, we were coming into town to sell some of our own goods before we were attacked. I really should get back and gather up our stuff. Hopefully that stranger that helped us fight the snakes hasn't taken off with anything..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nodding in the direction of the stage and Father Abstalar, "When I saw him there I figured that it meant that the speech portion of this thing would be starting soon and I didnt want to get caught having to stand to listen to the whole thing."

 

Turning back to look at her, "But, its not like I have any ties to this building or this festival.... What do you have in mind?"

 

Toad tries to hide his confusion and frustration of this red headed beauty. Just this morning she showed no interest in him and now she is requesting him to go with her somewhere... What is it about women that makes men fall on themselves to try and please them or figure them out..?

 

Women!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Karyn

 

"Sounds like their breath weapon." Gavin says "They have vile breath anyways, but I guess what they eat & who knows what they get into. No long term effect, just gives them an advantage in a fight & then their minions swarm you."

 

" Sounds like you & your allies were lucky." Hannah says & she turns to Gavin "Gavin, dear, is it funny to hear about a goblin snake so close to town?"

 

"hmmmm, your right, Hannah, normally they stay away from civilization, choosing to stay in the Mushfens or where ever goblins lair, they tend to think of themselves as self-proclaimed leaders." Gavin replys to Hannah. "Good to hear your ok, if you need a place to stay, Rusty Dragon Inn or the White Deer are great places to stay." he says to you. "Well Hannah, if you won't need me, I'll be returning to the square, Vorvashali & are gonna share a booth this year, thou I don't know how people will take to brews & all the exotic stuff that Vorvahali sells, ha ha. Have a good day ma'am (he bows to you). Good day Hannah (bows to Hannah)"

 

"Have a good day Gavin, hope you have a successful day yourself" Hannah replies to Gavin.

 

& with that the paladin take his leave.

 

"The herbal remedy I gave your friend to drink, should let him sleep for a few hours, go ahead & gather your belongings & take in the festival, he'll be ok. I'll remain here & watch over him, but you shouldn't worry yourself about him." Hannah says with a calming voice.

 

Tiketi

"Father Zanthus is a good friend of mine & in a day of joy for him & the rest of the faithful here in Sandpoint, he looks to worried to be only worried about a speech. If you don't want to go, that's fine by me." Without waiting for you, Savah starts to make her way over to the troubled priest, eventually getting over to him, you see they converse a bit & she returns to you.

 

"You up for a walk through town?" she says with a concerned look on her face.

Dimmesius

 

returning your weapon to his sheath, you take a look at your surrounding, nothing that seems out of place, a late summer sea breeze blows bye, but no movements. Apparently the thing was alone. Returning to the campsite, you see the area that the halfling was rummaging through is a mess. You start to pack things up & tidy the area, not knowing when the woman or the halfling, if he is even alive will return. As you are packing up things, your stomach begins to rumble, "been awile since I've had a decent breakfest, wonder how people can even stay alive on trail rations" you say as you fold up a shirt & stuff it into a bag.

 

Cael

 

You are almost to the Boggy Creek Bridge, when you come to your senses, "Niska!!" you shout out & turn around & make your way back to the battle.

 

You come upon a the scene of the battle, thankfully no sign of the creature, but lying in the middle of the road in a blackened circle of charred dirt is Madame Mvashti, if not for movement of her hair in the wind, she'd almost blend into the circle, as her body is as black as it. Running now up your old friend, you check to see if she is alive, carefully examining her....."Don't you be stealing my jewels!!" the old woman says softly...."Thank, Erastil!!" & utter a prayer to your god. "Ah, it's you Cael, help me sit up" Niska says to you, helping her to sit up, the old woman coughs "Nothing like a nice sunburn to start the season, eh."

 

"How, what, I'ya..." you struggle to find words to ask "Shush, dear" she puts a blackened finger to your lips "You don't get as old as I, if you don't prepare yourself. Thou even I must admit I thought I was a goner"

 

"What was that thing?" finally staying something coherant.

 

"That my child, was the legendary Sandpoint Devil, thought to be myth or stories you tell bad kiddies to get them to calm down (now pointing a finger in jest) "No you stop it right now, or I'll make you sleep outside & the 'Devil will getcha!!". It is a nasty beasty, not natural of course, outsider of our world, what world it came from who knows? It & I have fought before many years ago, I lost my daughter in the battle......& now I've let someone else dear to me, die as well"

 

Looking over to the spot where the young druid's body was tossed into a tree, after it was gored by the creature."Shawna!" you cry out, knowing thou the she was dead as soon as the beast gored her.

 

"the 'devil took her, probably feasting on her right now or whatever it does to it's victims, why it didn't take me I have no idea, maybe it doesn't like it's food well-done, he he". Madame Mvashti says & you help her rise up to her feet.

 

"Tel so nar, tey shanah" & with the magical chant, the woman's hand glow a soft blue & she touches her most severe wounds

 

"Do you need my healing, Madame Mvashti?" you ask her

 

"No child, you save your spells for yourself, I'll be ok. I must tell, Oren, about his daughter, reaching into a satchel she produces a handful of acorns & sets them down on the ground. Uttering a spell, the acorns glow for a sec or so & then a couple minutes later a grey squirrel appears from out of a tree & gingerly sniffs the pile of nuts. Madame Mvashti bends to one knee & rubs the squirrels head & back, while staring at the small creature & with that the tiny animal bounds off into the brush. "There, it is done, I should here from Oren later today." she stands up & turns to you "Speaking of today, under no circumstances are you to mention this encounter to anyone, Cael."

 

Looking at her with confusion.

 

"Talk about the Sandpoint Devil is considered evil & looney talk, & with Swallowtail Festival happening, we don't want to upset the folks of Sandpoint, with all that is happened in the last few years, with Chopper & the fire, the town needs to heal & be joyous, I'm afraid of things to come, thou." she pauses for a bit "They say the sight of the 'devil is omen of bad things to come, I'm afraid."

 

"Let return to town, shall we, as I recall Abstalar wanted a history lesson right, he he?" she says to you, trying to brighten the mood up a bit. "Oh heck, where are my thoughts!" before she starts to walk, she chants a small spell & points to her clothing, instantly they are repaired. "There, now it doesn't look like we were in to much trouble out here, he he." & with that you take the old woman's arm & lead her down the road, walking like nothing had happened.

 

You get to the south bridge & the young guard stationed there see you "Ah, I see you found her. Good to see that."

 

As you pass he says "Oh, by the way, thought I heard something in the woods nearbye, you hear or see anything? he asks

 

"Nope, I was just out walking when this young man needed my assitance, he he." Madame Mvashti says

 

"Must have been the wind then, have a good day then." he nods his head to you & returns to his post.

 

Madame Mvashti & you return to her manor, inside you glance at a clock & see it is around 1130 am or so, still time you think.

 

"So what does the old fart want to know" she says as she sits down in a chair.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiketi's confusion continues as here he was thinking she was flirting with him, and the next thing he knows, she is leavin him to go talk with the priest. But, as she returns, and noticing the change in her face, he tosses all those notions out the window.

 

 

"You up for a walk through town?"

 

Without tryin to pretend or come up with any clever quips, Toad stands and taps his thigh for Tituuk to heel. Knowing that she asked him to walk so that she could share information, he saw no reason to ask her, only follow to where ever it was she was heading. No doubt standing in the middle of the town square with all the people here was probably not the best place for "concerned" conversations....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"Your attentions appear to be unwanted. Unhand the woman."

“I’d listen to him if I were you.” Jals states from his position over at the bar, while not letting on that Veldarian and he know one another.

 

“Megan’s” he continues having heard her say her name when Veldarian enter “may only have been here a short time but I can assure you, she’s no harlot, and besides, she made quite the number of friends in the short time she’s been here.”

 

Jal then takes a step forward and places his greatspear on the floor, blade side up like a staff before him. With both hands on the weapon he leans onto it a bit like many wizards do and gives the troublemaker a glaring warning

 

“Let the girl go and you can avoids any un-pleasantries if you knows what I mean” he says unsympathetically as he flicks the blade of his greatspear with his finger, and it resonates a tune which lingers about for a moment.

 

Intimidate: 26 (Roll: 17, +9 mod)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tikti

 

Savah leads you toward the Southern entrance to the square & walking down High Street, Savah says "Father Zanthus, sent a elven cleric by the name of Cael Kennyrdlues on a errand this morning & he hasn't returned. He said it was a simple go & find, get the info & be back errand. He is worried due to the info he needs is important to his speech."

 

"He said Cael was to go visit Madame Mvashti, since the info he needed was about early history of the town of Sandpoint, & who better to get it from is the old seer, herself."

 

"Also, sorry I snapped at you regarding the armor & stuff earlier. To be honest with you & just between you & me, I'd rather not have done the work, but as I said money was a bit tight that week. I think I sold maybe a sword or spear to some hunter that week, no one was buying. I hope you understand" she finishes with a slight grin. The grin that you saw when you first met her.

 

Making your way down Festival Street Savah strikes up a conversation, "So how is Korvat treatin you these days? Got you off utensil duty yet? ha ha" she tries to make the long walk down Sandpoints longest street a exciting one.

 

Passing the Sandpoint Theatre, you come upon a large white two story manor house with cracked & fade paint. (resembles this with out the canopy in front) http://www.neworleansmanor.com/Manor%20better.JPG

 

"Here we are, Mvashti Manor, funny thing is if I recall right, the manor was built when Sandpoint was founded for Madame Mvashti as she was one of the elders of the Varisian tribe that resided her, they said 'if there was to be town upon our spot, then a grand manor should be built for our grand elder. The four families agree but said that once the Niska cease to be among the living, the manor would revert to the property of the SML, or Sandpoint Mercantile League & be part of the town. I guess they didn't expect Niska to live as long as she has. ha ha"

 

"Alright, Niska likes to be addressed Madame Mvashti, she is very old, how old I'm not exactly sure, but don't let her age fool you, I've seen her out & about like you or eye in town."

 

& with that Savah grabs the door knocker & raps the door.

 

Cael

"Yes, Madame Mvashti, Father Zanthus said he needed some earlier history regarding the Varisian tribe that resides on this spot before Sandpoint was founded. He wanted to make sure they got their dues when the church was rededicated today." Cael says to Madame Mvashti.

 

"First off, child you know you can call me Niska, he he & second old Abalstar, he is gentle soul, I think he looks out for everyone else but himself, when is the man gonna find him a good woman to call a wife." Madame Mvashti replies.

 

"Well he is workin on that bit" Cael replies

 

"Ahhhhh good for him, good for him, so what does he want to know about my tribe, we have so much history" she says.

 

"Well, he wants to know how big the tribe was & of course their ties with Desna, what they did back then"

 

"Ah well then, we danced & we sang to the praises of the Maiden of Dreams, where it was by the fire or even in just the night air"

 

& for a good half hour Madame Mvashti relates the tales & history of her tribe to Cael, when there is a unexpected knock on the front door.."My oh my, more visitors this day, must be special, he he"

 

"Please stay seated, Madame Mvashti, I'll get it" Cael says & gets up & goes to the front door "You are kind, Cael, thank you, I guess I could rest my old bones at least once today, he he."

 

opening the door, Cael sees the armorsmith, Savah & a Shaoanti. "Hello. Can I help you?" Cael says to the visitors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jal & Veldarian

"Bahhh, she isn't worth it anyways!" the man says as he releases his grip on Megan's wrist, she stumbles back, but regains her balance. Your intimidation works, but the man stares you down & returns to meal for a couple minutes. "I've somehow lost my appetite, come on boys, let go see what they got at the bazaar" the mans says & a couple other men, one Chelxian, the other a Shoanti, dressed about the same as the man, rise up from anther table, each has a axe in his hand & a couple daggers in their belt. They leave the inn & the man gets up & grabs his axe & throws a couple silvers on the table & looks to Megan, 'for Amekio's trouble, darlin" & starts to exit the inn, but turns to Jal & gives a glance to Veldarian, but his eyes return to Jal "You watch yourself, stranger, you just watch yourself." & he leaves slamming the door behind him.

 

"Thank you, both of you. I don't have much money but I can pay you for stickin your necks out like that for me." Megans says as she starts to gather up the dishes from the man's table.

 

"Lumberjacks, they work the surrounding forests for the Scarnetti Mill." a familiar voice says behind you, Amekio. Standing at the bar with her arms resting on it. "Good thing you three handled that, like you did, as I have something against fighting in my place. If you want to bust chops, you go to the Hagfish, not here." a stern look is on her face the entire time.

 

"I'm sorry ma'am." Megan says as she has a armload of dishes. "It's alright, Megan. How is your wrist? Sometimes those men don't know their own strength." Amekio says.

 

"I'll be fine, ma'am" Megan says. "Good, go ahead & take five in the back, I can handle the crowd." Amekio says. "Thank you, ma'am. No more then 5. I'll be back in 4" & Megan smiles at her boss & dissappears into the backroom.

 

"I see you two can't stay away from this place, figured you guys would be at the festival, buying things, seeing the people." Amekio says to both of you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...