Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Rise of the Runelords

Recommended Posts

but his eyes return to Jal "You watch yourself, stranger, you just watch yourself." & he leaves slamming the door behind him.

With the merest of devious grins that might as well say, lets hope for your sake our paths do not cross again, Jal eyes meet that of the mans, and trails after him as he departs the Rusty Dragon.

 

 

"Thank you, both of you. I don't have much money but I can pay you for stickin your necks out like that for me."

“Think nothing of it” Jal replies to Megan “bullies is all they are, you can’t give'em a quarter, else they try and take an acre. Thou it seems Amekio

might consider a bouncer or two if the Dragon is going to be drawing in their lot in here.” he states

 

 

"Good thing you three handled that, like you did, as I have something against fighting in my place. If you want to bust chops, you go to the Hagfish, not here." a stern look is on her face the entire time.

“We knows how your feels about brawls in the Dragon Amekio” Jal say in a more jovial tone hoping to ease the tension a bit from the disturbance. “besides, how are you expecting to keep us away while you keep cooking up such fine meals that the aroma rides on the winds from here to the festival itself, and the views not bad to speak of either when one comes in” he adds with a bit of laughter.

 

 

"I see you two can't stay away from this place, figured you guys would be at the festival, buying things, seeing the people." Amekio says to both of you.

“actually, the festival just a starting to pickup when I noticed the Rusty Dragon was yet in attendance” he says as more of his Elven companions mannerism creep back in. “I” he begins, “we kinda felt bad for not offering earlier to help out a bit when Talshaea mentioned you were a bit shorthanded. If you still be needing any help we” here he glances to Veldarian quickly then back to Amekio “be glad to be of service, the festival will still be there and we can still take it in afterwards.” After a moment he ask “by the way, where’s Talshaea? Thought she still be here.”

Edited by Lorderl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before Gavin leaves:

 

"Thank you for the help, Gavin. What are you selling? We've sold some brews ourselves in our travels."

 

After he's gone:

 

"Thank you Hannah. I'll go to get our stuff, but I would like to make sure my friend is recovering safely. You must have things of your own to take care of..."

 

Karyn hurriedly makes her way back to their impromptu camp site, but tries not to appear to be running though town.

 

Seeing Dimmesius packing their stuff up, she says with a wink and a smile: "I'm assuming you're helping pack up, not helping yourself to our things."

 

She continues past him though, heading to the creature to retrieve her dagger and rapier. After cleaning the blades, she ponders the thing for a second before picking it up and slinging it over her shoulder. This might bring a few gold or, at least, make a nice little totem...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Karyn

 

"Ah, young lady, I'm the proprieter of Two Knights Brewery, you'll find my shop near the southern bridge into the city, or for today, I will have a small booth up in the square with a couple kegs of our house special. My brother, oh, sorry I mean I made up a few batches special for today's festivities. (then he proceeds to say what he said & then leaves.

 

"You'll have to forgive Gavin, he lost his brother Wade a few years ago & hasn't been the same, good man he was, as is Gavin." Hannah says (before saying what she said in the previous post)

 

Before you leave, Hannah says "I'm fine, the townspeople will be mostly at the festival today & I can enjoy the day. I like to stay a couple days ahead in my herbs, but I'll be fine. Gozreh's blessing will still be there when I get there, always has & always will."

 

"Good day child & enjoy the day ahead of us." Hannah says. As you leave, a young girl, probably 17 or so, moves from a shadowy place & into Hannah's, you notice she appears to be pregnant.

 

Making your way through town, trying to remember the way you came in, you come upon the small market sqaure & see the street you want, Festival Street. You make you way up the street at a hasty speed. You get a couple, "mornin" from the townsfolk, but no worth while encounters. You make your way through the church square, spotting the various buisiness going up, a makeshift tavern, clothing booths, some knick knacks & even some swords. Not wanting to waste time, you make your way up Church Street & past the building with the two white deer carvings outside, you guess this is the White Deer Inn, Gavin mention, nice place at least from the outside you think as you walk past. As you walk past the inn, you see on your right a deformed man with a some clippers trimming vines from a small wall & a metal gate. He sees you & gives you a "Good mornin, Desna blesses your dreams" & continues on his work.

 

You make your way back to your camp, the man is still there. You gather up your belonging & grab the goblin snake, man does it reek, & not just from the odor coming from it's mouth. As you grasp the body, it feels slimey & rubbery. Thinking nothing of it you toss it over your shoulder. As you come back to the camp, the stranger has finished packing up things. Your glad he is here since you & Draken have way to much to carry on your own.

 

"Care to see the town" you say to the stranger & grab a few of the bags.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Veldarian watches the wood cutters leave, not relaxing his stance until the door closes behind them.

 

To Megan's proffered thanks, he replies, "No renumeration is necessary. We were glad to have been able to have been of assistance."

As he speaks, he transfers a small stone that the was holding in his hand to a small pouch at his waist.

"Although, if I could impose upon you, I would greatly enjoy speaking to you about your impending trip to the Twilight Academy. I am curious about the manner of instruction practiced in these lands"

 

Only a slight upturning of the right corner of his mouth betrays his amusement at Jal's response to Amekio's admonishment.

 

"I profusely apologise for any distress I may have caused you with this matter Amekio. I have too much repect for you as a hostess to have caused damage to your fine establishment. Setting your common room alight would have been poor repayment for your hospitality."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeing Dimmesius packing their stuff up, she says with a wink and a smile: "I'm assuming you're helping pack up, not helping yourself to our things."

 

Dimmesius looks to Karyn and says, "Was just helping clean up. Hows your little friend?"

 

"Care to see the town" you say to the stranger & grab a few of the bags.

 

Dimmesius says, "Sure ---- hoping there a place ta eat for rations are getting kinda old."

 

After saying that he grabs up some of the other camp belonging and follws Karyn into the town.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jal & Veldarian

"Bouncers, nah the Rusty Dragon has never needed bouncers. With both Fatman's & I'm sure Jargie Quinn, the Hagfish's owner is up already at the square. I'm probably the only one still cooking, ha ha. Those men probably weren't in town for the festival. Eat & work I guess." with that she gives a shrug of her shoulders.

 

"I sent Talshaea out for some errands, found out that I was out of curry spice. Kinda hard to make my house special- curry-spiced salmon without that, ha ha!!" Amekio gives her crooked smile after saying that. "She should be back soon" she adds & almost like magic the main door opens with a jingle & the young half-elf maiden appears in the doorway with a bag.

 

"Sorry I'm late 'kio, had to hit the square for this, seems like even Turch was up there." she says with a puff.

 

"That's ok, good thing really only need to use this as a topper. We're probably gonna be late for the speeches anyways, gotta have at least one Kaijitsu represented at the fair today." (with that she kinda rolls her eyes).

 

"So you wanna give me hand, well then I have a cart out behind the inn that we can haul stuff up there, you can get that Jal, & Veldarian, right? You can go get my horse. She is in the Goblin Squashed Stables, next door here, you can't miss her, she is black with white patches, goes by the name of Akemi & here (she throws you a apple), this will help. She isn't temperamental, just with you being a stranger to her." Amekio says, all the while taking the bag from Talshaea & rushing into the kitchen.

 

As Amekio & Talshaea go into the kitchen, Megan returns from her break "I can help with the horse, its the least I can do, besides I kinda have a way with animals." she says.

 

Exiting the inn, Jal you make your way around the side & see the cart that Amekio told you about. It's small, but it'll hold whatever she'll be taking up the square. As you get around, the back door to the inn opens & Talshaea has in her arms some pans & dishes. "Ha ha, should have told you to come into the kitchen with us. Ha ha Come on & give us a hand"

 

Veldarian, you & Meg enter the stables, with Daviren Hosk at the fair, the building seems rather empty if not for the few horses stabled here, along the way Megan answers your question about the school "Well, like I said, I got accepted this winter to be trained under the instructors there, just I have to get there. The Twilight Academy is probably the grandest school of magic on this side of Varisia, as I said before it only ranks behind the Academe in Korovosa in terms of knowledge & sheer size, & I'm sure that is because Korvosa itself really. I'm know a few magical tricks, but nothing fancy, enough I guess to get me accepted there. All schools of magic are represented at the Twilight Academy, I'm hoping I can learn Transmutation, just something I've always been interested in."

 

Looking into the stalls you come upon a beautiful horse, just like Amekio said, all black with a big white patches with a white mane & tail, she is a beautiful horse. "Wow, Amekio must have spent a few gold coins on her, then again Amekio's place was the first place I came looking for work this morning, so I don't know her." Akemi see the two of you, start to move her head & tail but doesn't come up to you.

 

"Do you still have that apple? I'll get a leash for her." Megan says & looks around for a leash.

 

Cael & Tikti

 

"Hi, sorry to bother you, but I'm Savah Bevaniky & this is Tikti Puaku. We are looking for Madame Mvashti, Is she home?" Savah says to Cael

 

"She is, may I ask why you looking for her? Cael says.

 

"Father Zanthus is worried that a priest of his may be missing. His name is Cael Kennyrdlues.

 

"Who is it, Cael?" a old woman's voice is heard behind the elf.

 

"Couple of people, that Father Zanthus sent looking for me. I guess it is a bit late. Sorry but I am Cael Kennyrdlues." & with that Cael gives a chuckle.

 

"Well, quit standing on the porch & come on in." Madame Mvashti says. "I have a bit of tea still."

 

"Sorry Madame Mvashti, we should be getting back to Father Zanthus, he was a bit worried about Cael here." Savah says.

 

"Yes, I forgot before I found you. I did need to get back to him with the information, I guess we got caught up on old times." Cael says.

 

"Well you better, not let Abstalar down then." Madame Mvashti says

 

"Nice meeting the both of you, & remember Cael, what I told you, this morning about.

 

"Yes Ma'am. Goodbye Madame Mvashti, always a pleasure when we get to talk."

 

"It was nice meeting you Madame Mvashti" Savah says.

 

& with that the 3 of you start back towards the Cathedral

 

"Oh crud, I need to find Aneka Avertin!!" Cael says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Come on & give us a hand"

“Sure, ok” Jal replies as he follows after Talshaea “So, how long does the festival go on for, till the evening? Days?” he asks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jal

 

Tal' replies, "the Swallowtail Festival is for the day. It starts with Father Zanthus giving a speech about Desna, the goddess who the festival honors actually, it just ties in with the Autumn Equinox. I don't want to bore you with religious stuff, but it has something to do with her coming down here to Varisia & getting nursed back to health by a mortal. After the speech, then a wagon of butterflies is wheeled out & released & the festival can officially commence. There'll be allot of dancing, singing & all kinds of merry making during the lunch & of course afterwards."

 

You & her go inside & grab a few more things & get the cart loaded up awhile Amekio finishes up her prized dish for the festival's free lunch.

 

(NOTE Veldarian-- make a Handle Animal check)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
"There'll be allot of dancing, singing & all kinds of merry making during the lunch & of course afterwards."

"sounds like alot of fun, so your still going to be there later right?" he asks

 

Jal then continues to have a refreshing conversation with Talshaea as he helps in loading the cart.

 

“Met some interesting folks in the short walk Veldarian and I took through the festival before we came back to help out."

 

"Let see" he begins to say, "there was this half-orc name Cracktooth, nice fellow, was quite helpful actually, seem to know much about the town and the locals. Also met some local merchant by the name of Vinder, I think it was?” he says with a questioning look. “Seems his daughters decided to take in the festival abit instead of tending the shop, Cracktooth called’em “she-devil” I think the term he used”, Jal then chuckles a bit then continues with more small talk

 

“Also meet another local who’s name escapes me at the moment, but he has something to so with a red dog and smithy or another, had some big Shoanti working for’em its seem, the big fellow didn't appear to be happy about much though. Fella like that could surely turn the tide of any scrape that’s for sure, I bet those woodcutters would think twice before trying to cross me and Veldarian if he was in our ranks.” he adds, then realizes that Talshaea perhaps has no idea what he’s going on about.

 

“So, appears I’ve met some big cheese today as well by the name of Sir Jasper, believe he runs Sandpoint Mercantile League, I’ll have to be stopping in to see him at some point.” he says as he places another sack into the cart

 

“So, were loaded up and ready to go, should we go ahead or we waiting on Amekio or just her famous fish of the day!” he says with a smile and chuckle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Of course, silly!! I wouldn't miss the Swallowtail Festival for anything. My birthday is in the autumn, so I like this time of the year, when the leaves are starting to fall & the air is cooler, just feels more free to me." Tal' leans over the cart does a slight jump & has a big smile on her face, till she feels slightly embarrassed & her face reddens a bit.

 

Trying to act innocent in all, she replies "Ya Sandpoint has some great people in it. Sounds like you met Ven Vinder, nice old guy but his two daughters can be a handful sometimes. Sir Jasper is too, thou a bit odd in a way. Actually Jasper was appointed by the 4 ruling families, but for the most part he is the person in charge of the SML." she says, the red in her face all but vanished now.

 

"I'm gonna go see what keepin Amekio, she should be ready." & with that Talshaea goes back into the Rusty Dragon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tiketi walks along, allowing himself to be a few steps behind the other two. He had come along on this walk since Savah had shown such concern over whatever the priest's worries were. But, since he did not actually talk to Father Abstalar himself, he really didnt know what was the importance of the information this "Cael" had. If anything, Tiketi found himself thinking, as they walked, that it was pretty poor planning on the High Priest's part. He should have had ample time to get whatever information he needed well before today. But, he said nothing as it was just not worth pesturing that point right now, it would serve no purpose other than cause more frustration. So, he just keeps walking. Now, wondering if his spot at the fountain would still be there when they got back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As they walk the short distance to the stables, Veldarian discusses the various learning styles of magic with Megan.

 

"Learning magic in an institutional setting seems facinating. I started learning from my parents, my mother was a divination specialist while my father was more of a generalist. The conversations around the dinner table were always facinating, with talk of my fathers reseach and such. When the war broke out, my training became very abreviated and focused. I now that I am on my own, I intend to resume my studies and make my way in this land. Oh, look, we seem to have reached the stables."

 

Veldarian opens the stable door and allows Megan to precede him inside.

 

As Megan searches for the lead, Veldarian pulls out the apple and offers to the horse, ensuring that he keeps his palm flat to protect his fingers from the strong jaws of the horse.

 

Handle Animals

 

"Shhh, Akemi, thats a good girl, how abount an apple?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Seeing Dimmesius packing their stuff up, she says with a wink and a smile: "I'm assuming you're helping pack up, not helping yourself to our things."

Dimmesius looks to Karyn and says, "Was just helping clean up. Hows your little friend?"

"He'll be alright, provided that Shamen is on the up and up. I know where she lives though..."

 

"Care to see the town" you say to the stranger & grab a few of the bags.

Dimmesius says, "Sure ---- hoping there a place ta eat for rations are getting kinda old."

"You're in luck, they will probably have all sorts of food here today. It's some festival of sorts, probably why my friend Draken was in such a hurry to get here today."

 

"Only now he'll probably sleep through it..."

 

As she walks through the gate, Karyn avoids looking at the mirror or the sign underneath it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Karyn & Dimmesius

 

Karyn

 

You make your way into Sandpoint. Again, making your way down Church Street, Karyn, this time allowing yourself a bit more relaxed pace. The hunchback, must have finished his job as he is not at the iron gate this time. Making your way into the square you come upon a huge structure, a church from the looks of it, there is a makeshift stage setup in front of it. A small fountain in the center & of course the townsfolk setting up various stalls in the square. Some of the people see that you & say "Welcome to Sandpoint.", some even try to get you look at the wares they are selling as well. Eventually, you come to a seller, a exotic looking man with bronze colored skin & long flowing red hair. His bright blue eyes light up as he sees you. "Ah welcome traveller to Sandpoint, I am Vorvashali Voon, I see you have a goblin snake with you, one doesn't usually travel with something like that, so I'm assuming you are trying to rid yourself of it, hmmmm?

 

Dimmesius

 

You follow the woman down the street, taking in the sites of the city, for all you know this is just anther town on your trip southward to Magnimaar, looks pretty decent, more or less the first real settlement you come up on in the past few days, at least there will be a bed with a roof over it. You pass a 3 story white building with 2 wooden life-sized deer carvings outside on your right, appears to be a inn, will have to note that one for later. On your left is a huge stone building, with wooden buildings behind it, your not sure what that is. You come to a square full of people & vendor stalls. You see the huge building is a church of sorts with a stain glass window in it's upper floor, the window has a butterfly, obviously a church to Desna. "Welcome travellers, Welcome to Sandpoint" a man says to you as you bring your vision back down to the street-level. "So what are you interested in?"

 

Cael & Tiketi

 

"There isn't much time, Cael" Savah says.

 

"Yes, I know, but this is as important as my dealing with Madame Mvashti" Cael replys.

 

"Tell Father Zanthus, that I will be up there with the information, he can count on me!" Cael says as he rushes off Southward toward the docks.

 

"Well, at least we found him, ha ha" Savah says to you Tiketi. "So is there anything you need to do in this part of town or do you wanna head back?" she says.

 

Cael

 

Rushing southward past the open market area, you turn westward onto Water Street, past the Valdemar Fishmarket & the rest of the docks you turn up Main Street, pass the Turandarok Academy & General Store, you see the Vinder daughters are at the store working with their mother, Solsta. The smell of her pies greets you as pass. You come upon Rusty Nail Alley & a shop with a sign showing a wide-eyed goblin reading a book as big as he is, the Curious Goblin, a book store. Going pass Sand Street, you come to your destination, a small store, but the aroma the wiffs from it is unmistakable even in the sea air, Sandpoint Savories.

 

Opening the door, you see 2 twin woman, working the store., Arika & Aneka Avertin. "Good morning, Cael, what can we do for yah?" Arika says. The two girls run the store mostly due to their mother, Alma still hasn't recovered from the lost of her only son, Casp at the hands of Chopper. "Morning, ladies. Actually I need to talk to you Aneka." you say to the other twin.

 

"Yes, Cael, what is on your mind?" Aneka says. The two girls are identical other then one likes to keep her long auburn hair tied back, while the other, Arika likes to keep it loose. "Well, this might seem ackward, but I'm here on request from Father Zanthus himself. With the activities of the Swallowtail, he has been tied up & well he told me to ask you, to ummm, how do I put this??" Cael struggles to find the words, as Arika looks on. "Father Abstalar Zanthus asks for your hand in marriage, Arika. He'd like to ask you tonight at the Festival, but he didn't want to embarrass you by the gesture."

 

"Ha ha, ole Abstalar. Always looking out for everyone else." Aneka says

 

"Oh my gosh!!" "Well sis, what do you say??" Arika says in excitement

 

'Well, I don't know, I mean mom has felt good the last few years & there is the buisness to run. I don't know....." Aneka says, with concern in her voice

 

"Oh come on!!! You & Father Z have been dating each other for what it seems like years & you know I can run this place with my eyes closed!! Arika says, her excitment still on high.

 

"But what about mom, you know she has been the same since Casp died." Aneka says.

 

"Sis, mom will be fine, this is something that I know would perk her up, this is something she needs right now, you know that, I know that. It would be like closing the circle on this horrible ordeal, this family has had to go through." Arika says.

 

Cael just sits back listening to the two Avertin girls discuss the matter.

 

"What has gotten the two of you in such a uproar" a old woman's voice says, Alma Avertin says as she emerges from the back.

 

"Mom! Mom!, Cael brings good news from Father Zanthus!!

 

"Oh?" Alma says "Well, what is it?"

 

"Well, ma'am I guess that depends on the response of your daughter, Aneka." Cael says.

 

"Aneka, dear?" Alma says curiously, as she looks to her oldest daughter.

 

"Well, I've decided. Tell Abalastar, that I will marry him & I'll look surprised when he asks me tonight."

 

"YIPPEEEE!!!! Sis is gettin hitched!!!" Arika says as she jumps up & down with excitement.

 

"By Desna!!" Alma says surprised at the announcement "My girl is getting married..."

 

"Thank you for the response, Aneka, Father Zanthus will be most pleased & with that I must be off. Thank you for your time." Cael says, as he exits the Savories & heads toward the Cathedral with the news.

 

 

Jal & Veldarian

 

 

Akemi at first, doesn't move but as you present the apple & appear to be non-threatening, the horse moves toward you, sniffs the apple & happily takes it from you hand & munches away.

 

"She must really like those." Megan says as she comes over with a halter & lead. You get the equipment on her with no problems & Megan opens the gate, you lead the horse out of the stall & out of the stables.

 

You make your way over to the back of the Rusty Dragon & you see the cart that Amekio said would be there. As you get there, Jal, Talshaea come out of the inn holding a tray of goods. from the smell, the curry-spiced salmon.

 

"Ah good, I take it she was no trouble, Amekio says as she rubs Akemi's nose "She is a good horse, she was a present from my father before I left..."

 

Amekio hitches the horse to the cart "Well, everyone get in, we'll make it after all!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Talshaea leans over the cart and does a slight jump & has a big smile on her face, till she feels slightly embarrassed & her face reddens a bit.

Jal believes he’s simply watching, but is more captivated by Talshaea beauty and free nature than he is aware of as she bounds about the cart. He is smiling as her face reddens a bit from her carefree nature, and though she may feel slightly embarrassed Jal takes no notice of it. His eyes trail after her when she retreats back into the Rusty Dragon to see what keeping Amekio.

 

When Talshaea reappears shortly from out of the inn carrying a tray of goods, Jal is certain that the tray must also contain the curry-spiced salmon as he takes a whiff of the aroma flirting about.

 

“Here, let me make room” he proceeds to say as he makes room in the cart for Amekio scrumptious salmon.

 

“set it down here” he says as he steps aside for Talshaea.

 

 

Amekio hitches the horse to the cart "Well, everyone get in, we'll make it after all!”

Jal turns to Talshaea and says “here, let me help you” and grabs her by the waist and lifts her onto the back of the cart. He thinks to assist Megan as well, but not being sure whether she was to assist at the festival as well or tend to the Rusty Dragon in Amekio absent he then decides to climb aboard the cart himself alongside the half-elf woman, leaving Veldarian to assist Megan if she is to join them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...