Question to Reaper

japenny_902

Hello,

As I've read somewhere that Rackham is going to be moving to an all pre-paint line, and I was just wondering if it is reaper plans to take to the all prepainted route as well. I am sorry if this question has been asked in another thread, and am only asking out of curiosity.

I really appreciate the quality of your miniatures and would hate to see you do away with metal figures.

Cheers,

"A concerned fan"

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Japenny, there is no way Rackham is going to go to an all pre-painted line.

They do have their sci fi game that is a line of pre-painteds, but not Confrontation.

And you dont have to worry about Reaper going that way. Reaper will use soe pre-painted plastics to add to their offerings, but their metal is still their bread and butter.

Stubdog, I hate to burst your bubble but for the most part Rackham ARE GOING TO PRE-PAINTS!

As to the OP's question. There is now way that Reaper would do that. They got put on the map by putting out top notch metal figures. Plus they are an American company who care about their American Customers as well as those abroad. As opposed to Rackham who are French and don't care much for Americans nor the rest of their customers as shown by thier players who are getting the heck out of dodge.

• Reaper User
plastic or pre-painted plastic...

there lies the question...

plastc, i dont necessarily have a problem with. prepainted plastic losing all of their future cool company paintjobs... that would royally chew grubs.

Not to be overly catty... but I would guess you'd still get to see the Rackham-top-notch painting on their website... :devil:

Thats a shame, oh yeah, wait a minute...I cant stand Rackham mini's anyway so I say who cares, Reapers minis are so much better its not even funny.

Also, Reaper became the unofficial metal producer for D&D once Ral Partha went under so I don't ever see them eliminating metals.

Rackham's main problem is if people don't play confrontation, they don't buy the figs much like Games workshop and there games, the quality and diversity just doesn't compare with Reaper.

I say as long as people play D&D people will buy Reaper models, then again you also have the collectors like myself who just like a good metal fig to paint.

Reapers actually on track to become the largest metal distributer as Games workshop slowly turns to all plastics. Iron Wind metals still puts out a fair amount of quality partha figs but as far as the latest and greatest, Reaper Rules.

As long as the management doesn't make a couple really bad decisions I see them doing just fine for a real long time, they listen to there customers thats the key, if they go public with stocks and greedy board members I see bad stuff happening but as long as they stay put they should be fine.

I dont want to derail this topic, but I would like to add that I picked up Confrontation third edition and Dogs of War from Rackham, then found that they are changing the entire system - out go warbands - and going prepainted. Now, I have downloaded the cards and will use other minis... such as Reaper. I am not alone in this. Bad decision by Rackham.

I dont want to derail this topic, but I would like to add that I picked up Confrontation third edition and Dogs of War from Rackham, then found that they are changing the entire system - out go warbands - and going prepainted. Now, I have downloaded the cards and will use other minis... such as Reaper. I am not alone in this. Bad decision by Rackham.

I totally agree that it's a bad decision, which is why I brought it up, because reaper figures are so great for our hobby and would have hated to see it go the same way. Reaper is 100 times the company that GW is, and their customer service is top notch, so I also agree with IG88 that reaper could become the leader of metal, especially here in the Americas. I am a fan of Privateer Press as well, but their figures are specialized and reapers are pretty much the best for roleplaying figures. Both companies are reputable and shouldn't change a thing about their product quality... except realease new figures ::D:

Cheers

James

There are no plans at this time to decrease the number of new metal figures we release every month - which is between 12 and 18 figures - let alone scrap the entire metal production. All of our metal lines are going to continue production and expansion at their current rates for a long time to come.

We are examining ways to increase the production of the Legendary Encounters plastic lines, but not at the expense of the phenomenons known as Dark Heaven Legends and Warlord.

We are trailblazers in the industry, and we made our name by doing what we knew best. We know that success comes from providing the highest quality for the lowest price, not from blindly following the others. To that end, we strive to offer you quality, unpainted metal figures alongside your prepainted Legendary Encounters, and hope that in some small way, we have made your games bigger, bolder, and better than ever! (And if you don't game, then we'll just make a few of your shelves have pretties to ogle!)