Question to Reaper

japenny_902

Just my $0.02 worth, I think having pre-paints available alongside metal figs is a great idea. Even though I paint and I'm rather good at it, I don't know that I'd like to paint every figure for a D&D campaign. Trying to get D&D minis to fill the void is a joke, with their "random package" structure.

You can use bare metal minis, but it can get difficult to sort out who is who on a large encounter.

With access to both DHL and LE, you can get "standard monsters" that you can pop out of the package and play and still do "custom" heros and characters. A nice mix of both, if you ask me.

On the down side, it looks like I'll never sell another Troll on e-bay...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are examining ways to increase the production of the Legendary Encounters plastic lines, but not at the expense of the phenomenons known as Dark Heaven Legends and Warlord.

I notice how CAV is nicely left off that list of metal minis.....

And, I have heard rumors that the switch to plastic pre-paints killed Rackham. Rumor has it they have filed for bankruptcy protection on France.

SETHOHMAN

Rackahm is going all prepainted plastic except for a very few LE figures. Reaper, Privateer, Crocodile and to a lesser extent, GW are the only fantasy games for hobbiests. Infinity and CAV are the games for the hobbiest scifi person. Spinespur is for the sicko hobbiests... :devil:

Reaper has the nicest metal figs and that is their strength! :wub:

Edited by Ranzadule

• Reaper User
...the switch to plastic pre-paints killed Rackham.

If anything, going all PPM, for them, may be their savior.

I view them as a company that is selling a game with minis, not minis with a game. In the States they were originally promoted the other way, but the reality is, they are a game company first and a mini company second.

Reaper is doing both. Minis, for the sake of minis, that can be used in a game, and games that require minis. That is why we will probably never stop making metal models. [i only say probably because of the whole never say never problem!] But, I can only imagine that our games will eventually swing heavily into PPM.

PPM really is the best method for a game. Gamers want to game, hobbyist want to paint and build models. With PPM gamers can play out of the box just like a board game and hobbyist can keep on hobbying with metal! The two can and do cross over. After all, I am sure you can still model and paint with the plastic pieces too, if the quality is good enough.

The world is changing… Ah, variety, the spice of life!

On a personal note, as a metal mini lover and collector, I hate to see the metal minis drying up as much as you folks do! From a business standpoint, good mini companies keep us on our toes as we try to raise the bar of excellence.

I notice how CAV is nicely left off that list of metal minis.....

I don't know that Bryan was intentionally neglecting CAV. DHL and Warlord are just the strongest lines that get 18-20 releases a month. They are the first things we think about when talking about metal minis.