Sign in to follow this  
Bodhi

"Two hour sculpt"

Well actually it took me three.

I thought I'd do something small in order to make it in time (17 mm to top of head) and I thought I'd do something a bit more in a comicbook style. So from that it was only natural that the subject would be a bowling orangutang :rolleyes:

Nah. I found a picture in a paper my daughter gets so the idea is by illustrator Stina Lövkvist from the paper "Kamratposten" a Swedish paper for children. So it was an excercise in working from a conceptsketch in a style totally different from my own as well.

In order to get it smooth and clean I'd probably have to spend at least a couple of hours more on it but the experiment was to see what I could achieve in a short time. So now I'll just mail the illustrator and ask her if she wants it.

I think I'll keep the pose for a goblin or something though. It's a lovely pose I think.

greens007-1.jpg

Nice work! Considerably more detail than I would have expected, too.

You'd better not publicize this one widely -- once ReaperRon finds out that people can sculpt entire miniatures in 3 hours, the rest of us sculptors will be out of business... or else we'll be asked to do speed-sculpting in Green Stuff, rather than Fimo, at the next ReaperCon. :;):

Derek

Nice. I'd love to see some additional views of it as well.

My only criticism at this point is that the bowling ball doesn't seem big enough, but that may be the perspective of the pic, too.

Nice. I'd love to see some additional views of it as well.

My only criticism at this point is that the bowling ball doesn't seem big enough, but that may be the perspective of the pic, too.

No it's to small. As I said I'd have to spend considerably more time finetuning it to make it look right but it was an exercise... Additional views coming up... now where did I put that camera...?

Nice work Bodhi. The face is amazingly expressive. I can see him focusing down the lane at the pins, and thinking, "Crikey, 7- 10 split thatly never happen."