Sign in to follow this  
Fruggs

exchange mini recieved!!! Javolith ( 2 attatchments)

Yay!

I came home Saturday to find a lil box waiting for me. I got my summer exchange mini. He is freaking awesome. I like the color scheme a lot and will definitely be modeling my force colors after it! Thank you sooooo much :)

Here he is:

I do have a question, what colors did you do the skulls and bones? I like the shadow tones on them, also what color for the copper metal? Thanks again he is freaking sweet.

post-3895-1189439602_thumb.jpg

post-3895-1189439656_thumb.jpg

Oh that one's a beauty! Who painted it? I like the purples and the shade/highlighting on the boney bits alot.

Ahh, this would be the work of Dedros-Sensei....

i am glad to see it finished too....makes me wanna try and beat his skill.....

we go back....we met in art class ten years ago, but he got me into (non-historical/modern) mini's....

Good Show, Sir Ravenwood!

Yay!

I came home Saturday to find a lil box waiting for me. I got my summer exchange mini. He is freaking awesome. I like the color scheme a lot and will definitely be modeling my force colors after it! Thank you sooooo much :)

Here he is:

I do have a question, what colors did you do the skulls and bones? I like the shadow tones on them, also what color for the copper metal? Thanks again he is freaking sweet.

Well I am glad to see you have him safe and sound! Those barbarians at the post office worry me......lots. I'm very honored that you will be using his colors to paint your army by. To answer your question the skulls were very simple. Games Workshop Bleached bone with Chestnut ink wash. You reclaim the Bleached bone bits you want, and then hit the teeth with Skull white and do a light highlight of Skull white on the very raised portions of the skull itself. The horns on the demon skull I painted Chaos black and then varnished for the shiny look.

Thank you all for the very kind compliments. It was a treat to paint a figure that I had no plans to paint at all, but it works well for someones army. Hopefully he will kick some serious @$$ for you in the future!!!! God bless and happy gaming to all!