AICOM?

Nanite

Have you all read the bit from ReaperClark about Reich of the Dead?

Look for Reich of the Dead to be our first RTF, Ready to Fight, game using PPMs and later metal accessories and metal elite figures.

How does that sound?

http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?...view=getnewpost

So a boxed game, with plastic figures, and subsequent metal releases.

Could this work for AICOM, perhapse?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the apparent success of AT43, I don't see why not.

However, Reaper would need a trump card to avoid looking like they're jumping on the AT43 bandwagon.

I'd go with a three pronged apporach -

1. have metal available as well as prepaints at the time of launch

2. Really tie the marketing in with CAV2, including a campaign system to the tie the two games together.

3. Have 28mm scale CAVs and vehicles available and the rules to use them. Either make them as PPMs or Resin Kits. Easiest choice would be to contract with Tim Dupertis (formerly of Armorcast) and license him to do CAVs along side the Mech's he does.

That third one, while not a big money maker in itself, would draw a lot of attention to the game.

If (and I really hope they make it), Rackham doesn't come through they're crunch, then AICOM could pick up a lot of customers.

But the elites/commanders in metal, line troopers in PPP idea sounds good to me.

I personally wouldn't push for vehicles right away, but a big part of AT-43's appeal is the big, impressive, pre-painted Mechs and such. Plus, lots of people were drawn into SST, and BF:Evo on the promise of air units (read: big vehicles).

Sorry to raise the specter again, but if AICOMM FINALLY comes out, and I get pre-painted troopers instead of the gorgeous metal I saw in the preview pics, I'm going to be very, very disappointed and will almost undoubtedly not play.

Damon, its not about the game, its about the minis...

Is that the whole no-pre paint mafia thing? Can I join? Do I have to whack somebody?

[sarcasm]

So, Lastman, do you propose they then move the headquarters to England, change all supported rules systems every couple years, start charging an arm and a leg per mini, and run one of the most crooked painting contests the world has ever known?

WHERE DOES IT END?

[/sarcasm]

Yeah, that would probably work. That would also allow Reaper to service the Sci-Fi RPG community. The different factions would have to have different kinds/styles of tech to allow them to be used in as many scifi universes as possible.

I would like metal versions of the grunts, too.

Is that the whole no-pre paint mafia thing? Can I join? Do I have to whack somebody?

Well I could have called them the painting snobs or the Paint Nazis, but seeing how I dislike prepaints, didn't think it appropriate. Plus I feel very, very angry that some (not necessarily anyone here, per se) would denigrate something I identify with, using such terminology.

Damon, indeed my comment was tong-in-cheek,

AICOM sprue army, unpainted plastic, like Space Marines.

In hard plastic? That would be a dream come true.

I reckon it is very expensive to tool up for this type of production, however. Soft rubbery plastic is kinda depressing for models.

Are the LE plastics soft and rubbery?

And I didn't mean any offense, I was trying to be funny, and failed.

And I didn't mean any offense, I was trying to be funny, and failed.

Oh you'd definitely know if I was offended...

Based on the Reich of the Dead thread, we might just get both metal and pre-painted plastic if this goes through. I personally am more excited about RoD right now, not because of Nazi zombies (which I find to be really silly) but the idea we might get Klocke sculpted Wehrmacht or Russians.

Damon, hope springs a turtle...