Warlord Sign

I think the foam you're referring to Meg is a dense closed cell foam typically sold for craft purposes under the brand name Foamies, by Darice. It does make great signs like this (my old game company's sign for our convention booths was made from that foam), but typically the largest size you can easily get it in is 18" x 12" sheets.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as kristof65 said the Foamies soft craft foam is harder to get in large sizes. I have seen some rolls listed in online craft stores, but since I already had tons of foamboard I went with that. The foamboard adds a nice rigidness to the sign. If made with Foamies, I'm sure it might need some type of backing to keep it up. Also, I wonder about warping of the Foamies since the large kind is on a roll. I've only purchased the smaller sheet sizes before, so I have no clue how it looks off of a roll.

Edit: Silly me... I should probably give links to those online stores here, in case someone wants to give the Foamies a try:

http://www.sunshinecrafts.com/dept_view.ph...ROLL&Page=1

http://www.stainedglassoriginals.com/kidsc...foamsheets.html

I've never purchased anything from these stores, so I can't say how the service is. And you would probably still want to paint the sign since not all colors are available. :\

Edited by chesme

That pdf is great! You obviously have a knack for instructions.

I'm wondering what Reaper's position on this is. I plan to start running Warlord Demos, and a sign like this would be awesome. I can't see how Reaper would mind, but I'd just like their official view on making signs that directly copy their logos.

That pdf is great! You obviously have a knack for instructions.

I'm wondering what Reaper's position on this is. I plan to start running Warlord Demos, and a sign like this would be awesome. I can't see how Reaper would mind, but I'd just like their official view on making signs that directly copy their logos.

I seriously doubt it would be an issue for Black Lightning Demo purposes. I mean, they give us access to a most of the logos as Black Lightning on our BL Resources page.

Getting the Warlord logo out there directly promotes Warlord, thus helping their bottom line. As long as it's only being used to promote Warlord, and you're not making and selling signs, I don't think they'll mind.

Slapping the logo on a T-shirt and selling it is bad, making signs of the logo for personal use, or to promote demos or hang up at your local game store seems like it could only be good for them. Of course, the lawyers might think otherwise.

I truly did not see anything wrong with making this for demos and advertisements. Getting the logo out there for BL members really shouldn't do any harm, I would think. I did contemplate keeping this to BL members only, but then thought it would probably be pushed out for being slightly "off-topic" ...of sorts.

I haven't heard anything from Reaper on it yet, but if they ever wish the PDF to be gone, I would take it down in an instant, of course.

Edited by chesme

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't think there is anything wrong with it, and I couldn't think of any reason they wouldn't approve. It's just that several years of business law classes have made me paranoid about anything involving the use of intellectual property without explicit permission.

heck I just downloaded & might try & make it, just to put it on my computer/hobby room wall, ha ha

would love to see a Reaper logo sometime, as I have a great spot over my painting desk that would be perfect for it!!

thanks!!

RM