Sign in to follow this  
Pacerfan

Broken Fodder

Hey there,

I had a question about the broken fodder minis. What is the history of broken fodder? More specifically, what kinds of minis are they supposed to be? I don't know if I can proxy them, because I don't know what they are even supposed to be.

Are they just thug types or demon guys? What exactly are they?

Thanks

Very badly tortured and mutilated captives. To a darkspawn killing you isn't enough, breaking you isn't enough, they have to twist you body and soul into some kind of demented artwork.

The worse part is that they do it for the shear joy of it.

Edited by Sergei

So I can just have a mish-mash of guys from different factions as these guys? Are there any favorite minis you use to proxy for these? I plan on getting some of the Reaper fodder figs soon, but in the meantime, what could/should I use?

Very badly tortured and mutilated captives. To a darkspawn killing you isn't enough, breaking you isn't enough, they have to twist you body and soul into some kind of demented artwork.

The worse part is that they do it for the shear joy of it.

For me, the broken fodder is kinda similar to my overlord bondslaves. I use a bunch of grunts from other factions as my slaves. I try to keep all models of each troop the same to be polite to my opponent and not make them keep up with a "mish mash" of models, but at the same time as long as I am not proxying..."lots of other models, then its easy to simply say, "if its not an overlord model, its a slave..."

With the darkswpawn, were currently there are still about a dozen models that dont have sculpts, its a little tougher since you will probably have several models that need to be proxied. In that case I would probably try to keep all fodder the same model type to be nice to your opponent who has to keep track of all your proxies.

I've noticed the attachment of some sort of metal device to a lot of darkspawn models- some the broken fodder have huge steel jaws, etc. Anything twisted and sick would work well.

06109_G.jpg

Whats wrong with the actual minis? I've lways thought the orc was especially cool. In case you can't see the picture, he is missing half of his arm.

Not a thing. I am going to be getting some of those guys soon, but wanted to proxy them right now and so I wanted to know what they actually were.

06109_G.jpg

Whats wrong with the actual minis? I've lways thought the orc was especially cool. In case you can't see the picture, he is missing half of his arm.

If your looking to do some conversions, get a few different models from non-darkspawn factions, a pin vice, needle files, dremal, greenstuff, and a few odds and ends and have at it. I think Lance did a great article making broken fodder conversions.

If you just want to proxy until the "real" ones come home, i'd recomend zombies or skeletons. Or if you have a bunch of unpainted mini's that you'd like to proxy, get yourself a can of purple, pink, or equally annoying color and call them "broken fodder". Nothing shows insanity like purple and pink paint :devil:.

Edited by Sergei

Forget the half arm! He has an open window to his guts!

Is it just me, or does he have it way, way worse than the other two? Maybe it's the racial hatred between orcs and elves that even the Darkspawn can't shake.

Forget the half arm! He has an open window to his guts!

Is it just me, or does he have it way, way worse than the other two? Maybe it's the racial hatred between orcs and elves that even the Darkspawn can't shake.

I just figured he was the Darkspawn's first attempt at Steam Punk. That grill opens into a hopper for wood or coal, which is how he is powered.

Actually, the broken fodder remind me very much of the criminals in China Mieville's New Crobuzan books.