Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lorderl

The Dead of Knight

Recommended Posts

Tempest notices the soot-like ash settling on the floor, but has little time to react as Kurith charges into the cloud. Having already been subjected to one airborne attack this evening, she is leary of the cloud's effect. After reveiwing her current capabilities and finding nothing of use, and being neither particularly strong nor hearty, Tempest keeps a safe distance from the blackness. Hearing Kurith's muffled cries within, she is at least reassured that the half-orc is still alive. Contemplating the effect the cloud is having on vision, Tempest calls out, "if you can hear me, come towards my voice." She pauses only for a moment, to listen for replies, then repeats her statement. She works on pulling out the healing salve, jar of ointment and various potions while talking, setting them out before her on an upright chair for quick retrieval should they be needed.

 

~v

 

 

[spot check, DC 20: 18+7=25]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith gives a moment of consideration to the possibility of dragging the chest out with Rothgar. She recalls it being large, but suspects that it would be easy enough for her to drag both it and the dwarf. With one hand already grasping Rothgar's belt. she carefully begins to feel about for one of the rope handles that she knows to be at either end of the crate.

 

Suddenly her stomach is siezed by a churning and knotting that reminds her very much of the first and last time she ever partook of the special hallucenogenic mushrooms that only grow in troll dung. She reels forward and almost stumbles ontop of Rothgar's unresponsive form. Something somewhat bad-tasting fills her mouth, but rather than throw up all over the poor dwarf, she chokes it back down. Aware that the cloud is slowly killing her, she decides to let somebody less weakened than she worry about the mysterious treasure while she worries about not passing out like poor Rothgar.

 

Abandoning the crate behind her, she begins pulling Rothgar toward what she is certain is Tempest's voice. From her left comes the sound of coughing followed by what sounds like bean soup being poured onto a stone floor.

 

"MURVVAH-MVUMMUR---MOOOOVE!", she tells the human as her blindly flailing hand smacks him square in the codpiece. She continues pulling the dwarf toward Tempest's voice, hoping she has not pulled him through Darius' most recent meal.

 

_________

 

GM I'm guessing a single move action allows her to get 20 ft..correct? If so that puts her at C7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rothgar remains completely oblivious to his surroundings as his body continues to fight against the poisonous black cloud. As he is dragged through the cloud by Kurith his body is wracked by coughing spasms as his body tries to clear the foul substance from his lungs. Thick black mucous covers his lips and stains his beard as his body is initially successful. With a shudder, the coughing stops and Rothgar's breathing becomes a shallow and rapid wheeze as his body loses the fight against the poison and just struggles to get enough oxygen to survive. His coloring, if the light permitted you to see, has become pale and waxy, and a sheen of sweat covers his brow.

 

Trapped within his own mind once again, Rothgar hears a sibilant voice hiss at him, "Welcome back Rothgar, we've been waiting for you." Rothgar screams from the very core of his soul, but no one can hear him, trapped within his shattered body. The wound he took from the ghoul begins to burn once again, more fiercely than ever before. Rothgar reaches to claw at the wound, but his arm hangs limp at his side.

 

Yesss ssoon dwarf. Sssoon you will be one of oursss.

 

Rothgar screams and thrashes, hurling himself against the walls of the prison in his own mind.

 

"Nooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darius vomits as the cloud hits him. He hears Rothgar fall, and feels his way toward where he thinks the dwarf is, meaning to pull him out of the smoke.

 

 

 

 

 

Fort save 1: 1d20(3) +7 =10 (fail, Nauseated). Fort save 2: 1d20(15) +7 =22 (pass, not poisoned).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tempest…

Looking at the ash you easily discern that it’s a safe bet that alchemy was involved in this black clouds creation.

 

You upright a table in the event you need to lay someone down on top of it, then upright another chair where you start placing items on top of it.

 

 

Tempest DC15 Spot Check

as you sort the items onto the chair you notice that the coloration of your skin on your arms looks off to you, they’ve adopted a greyish tint, not a very healthy looking thing, not at all!

Read upon Successful Check or Spoiler

 

 

Kurith…

You wonder what were you thinking, rushing into this black death cloud, and after a dwarf no less! Though you know from that voice deep down inside of you, that it was the right thing to do. At least Darius is still on his feet, though you don’t much care for smelling what he eat all day. Your just grateful that you didn’t have to make that dreadful decision that was gnawing at the black of your mind had he succumbed to the black cloud as well. That man must be made of some stern stuff to have endured this long without any protective measures such as yourself, what a man indeed…

 

Spoiler for Kurith to read

that last sentence is perhaps a little something for Kurith to toy with if you so desire to, if you catch my meaning... :poke:

 

 

Darius…

You hear that gruff muffled voice of whom you gather must be Kurith as she grabs hold of Rothgar and begins dragging him away as you puke. You can't help thinking that crazy half-orc came in here after us, brings back memories of ole crazy larry. You begin to follow her out even as you continue to FIGHT off the black clouds poisonous effects.

 

 

Rothgar…

The crap has truly hit the fan from Rothgar’s perspective. One second he’s trying to open a crate against his better judgment, (or perhaps it was a chance to test himself against the older dwarf that taught him a thing or two that took over his reasoning), the next he’s unconscious in a world of terror.

 

please indulge us with your creative writing. I believe I recall reading Halloween is your favorite time of year, so this should be mainstream right on the highway of macabre for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith continues dragging Rothgar toward the sound of Tempest's voice. She senses that Darius is following her, or at least she hopes that is what she is sensing. She had always had this uncanny knack for knowing when somebody was coming up behind her back or peering over her shoulder, but it was not accurate every single time. In situations such as crowded bars or busy streets, her intuition manifested itself as acute paranoia, but on more than one occasion, the eye in the back of her head had saved her life.

 

Kurith reaches the doorway to the main room, at which point she has to kick another small pile of bones aside. Once she knows there are no more solid obstacles in her way, but not knowing how much further the cloud may have spread, she blindly ploughs straight ahead. Luckily there is no furniture toppled in her path.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She's just as nuts as Crazy Ol' Larry! Darius thinks as follows Kurith as best he can out of the room. He tries to keep as low as he can, hoping the smoke acts like that of a fire, and doesn't reach all the way to the floor. Of course, this means that he is crawling through that gods-be-damned fog, which, even though it has thinned some, is still damn spooky.

 

I just hope I don't pass out from this stuff, and go back to nightmare land, he muses, and makes a note to try and find a way to apologize to Rothgar for goading him into opening the crate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tempest grimly notes the discoloration of her skin but holds her course, continuing to call out to the others as she hears their movement in the darkness. "Come on, hurry up! I've got healing waiting if you can drag your lazy carcasses out of that cloud," Tempest goades them, hoping to fuel their desire to get to her even more.

 

~v

Edited by Shakandara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith continues moving toward Tempest's voice unchecked and unable to see where she is going for the wet cloth wrapped round her head. Although the mask at least seemed to be keeping her from passing out, it was difficult to breathe through. What should have been an easy task seems quite exerting to Kurith.

 

Tempest's voice rings loud and sharply in her ear as though Tempest is very closeby, but Kurith cannot tell from which direction the voice is coming anymore. Being short of breath and sick at her stomach has taken a toll on her ability to work out just where everything in the room is or at least ought to be.

 

As she tries to walk and think at the same time, she stumbles into a broken chair. She lets go the dwarf as she falls forward upon what feels like more broken furniture. There is a great clattering and perhaps somebody shouting... or laughing... or maybe it is just the echo of one of her own muffled curses.

 

She pulls herself up from the wreckage and frantically begins to pull at the wet double-knot that she made to secure her makeshift mask. She does not recall having tied that danm knot quite so hard.

 

_________

 

{OOC}

ERL, I still don't know where Tempest is, nor whether or not there's anything in my path. I'm just a bull-orc in a china shop... but anyway, I hope I didn't crash into Missus Tempuses' courtessy bar and spill all the martinis.

 

I also did my nausea-duration roll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Group…

Darius has managed to ENDURE the black cloud of death effects yet again as he suddenly steps out from its dark murky mass behind Kurith charge. I'm quite surprised but seeing as Unglef hasn't posted an interest in OOC this is where he will collaspe. Its currently off to the side in the event he post a notice tonight

 

A pair of figures wearing bits and pieces of tattered leather armor, rusted battered heavy steel shields and eroded scimitars come through the tavern entrance hunched over. Their heads turn toward your group momentarily and their smoldering eye sockets with their red pin points lights for eyes barely spend a scant second upon you all. Their animate bodies of bone is clearly enough to let you all know that these two new arrivals are skeletons, what some adventures believe to be the lowest form of undead. They move forward, the first one moves to D1 and the second one whom was following moves to B1.

 

everyone that has exited the black cloud is now covered in a black soot ash substance. If this were a full campaign adventure then i would say Tempest could gather some of it up for study later.

 

Anyone DC12 Spot Check

you noted that one (or both with a DC15 Spot) had more interest in the black cloud direction than in your group

Read upon Successful result or Spoiler

 

 

Game note: The first skeleton did just walk right past Kurith as she was getting up at C2. Getting up would be Kurith’s one move action for this round even though she has already posted it (last post Kurith moved and thou crashing to the floor was a role-playing inclusion which I enjoyed, getting up would have exceeded the one move action limited by being Nauseated). Depending on role-playing actions from previous events I’ll leave it to you all to figure your positions, if no RPing is done then Kurith will be at C2 and Rothgar at C3 as Spike stated.(Rothgar is on the floor, and i will extend the OOC post notice till tonight as i did for Darius)

 

Darius position is C4, and Tempest position is relative to what happens with Kurith charging through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tempest grabs the jar from the table and takes a step towards Kurith, Rothgar and Darius as they emerge from the black cloud. "Finally!" she exclaims, "I hope that..." her voice trails off as she spies the two skeletons enter into the tavern. It takes her only a split-second to deduce what they are after, and only a split-second more to swing into action. She guardedly begins chanting, then cries out "lisciare!" as she gestures towards the nearest skeleton. The floor around the boney abomination takes on a glossy sheen, and Tempest metally crosses her fingers...

 

 

Spot check DC 12/15: 1d20+7=22. If necessary, actions are: Move equivalent - pick up jar of ointment. 5' step from F2 to E3 (towards Rothgar and Darius, the two that appear to need the most assistance). Standard action - cast Grease squares D1-2, C1-2 around the closest skeleton).

 

 

~v

Edited by Shakandara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith pulls fiercely at the knot in the towel until it finally lets go. She flings it aside just in time to see the two newest unwelcomed interlopers come in. One walks right past her. She starts toward him, , having made her own conclusion about the skeleton's intent.

 

"Oh HELL no you don't!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the skeletons enter the tavern basement, Darius groans audibly. How much more of this can we take?

He thinks, cursing himself for worrying about the crate. We could already be out of here if it weren't for me.

 

 

Still feeling the effects from the smoke, the ranger is too tired to string his bow, and instead grabs a stool, even though the skeletons don't really seem to be interested in the party at the moment. He moves up to stand beside Kurith (D2), ready to attack if need be.

 

"Once more, eh, m'lady?" he says with a weary grin on his face.

 

 

Spot check: 1d20(2) +11 =14 (pass). Balance check (for moving through the area of the Grease spell): 1d20(15) +4 =19(pass).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Group…

The skeleton at D1 (it'll be skeleton #1) Crashes to the ground as Tempest Grease spell goes off even as her companions try and make the best of their gut retching predicament. While Kurith begins reaching for her weapon the floor beneath her feet takes on a glossy sheen. It takes only a moment but she soon finds that she must try and maintain her balance or fall to the floor once more.

 

Kurith DC17 Reflex

you fall prone from Tempest Grease spell

Read upon Failure or Spoiler

 

Darius starts moving forward intent on fighting alongside Kurith, and though he heard Tempest cast a spell its affect aren’t visible.

 

Darius DC15 Spot

a successful roll means you see a glossy sheen upon the floor around Kurith C1-2 and D1-2, with a failed saves Darius moves either to Kurith left or Right. I made a high-low roll, Low being Darius moves to the left, High he moves to the right Result is 12 which means he enters into the area of the grease spell and needs to make a DC17 Reflex or fall prone.

Read regardless of result or Spoiler

 

Neither skeleton is otherwise fazed, apparently they didn’t acknowledge the spell as an attack, as they didn't bother to look in Tempest direction.

 

add the results as part of your next post if needed (ie… Darius also being effected by Grease spell), but it would have happened last round so you still get your action for this round.

Edited by Lorderl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a loud clattering crash that any blind man with experienced ears would be able to identify as a humanoid of great stature moderately encumbered and wearing chains or chain armour falling to the floor.

 

"BALABAKH-BUSUK!!"

 

Afterward there comes several increasingly potent swears. Even a blind and partially deaf man would soon figure out that the victim of the unexpected tumble was a half-orc who did not enjoy her trip, and for whom one would be wise to avoid come the next fall.

 

Kurith recalls the frozen planes of the North, how the rivers and lakes would freeze over in the dead of winter and how foolish she felt the first time she tried to walk on the ice. Darius seems to be better at it than the skeleton or she.

 

Kurith slowly starts crawling toward the left of the sleeping dwarf (B3), propelling herself toward what she hopes is a less slippery patch of floor.

 

____

 

What Kurith said:

Balabakh busuk = balls of the rotten or smelly variety

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...