Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lorderl

The Dead of Knight

Recommended Posts

Darius spots the effect of Tempest's spell, and takes extra care making his way over to stand beside Kurith, who he discovers is no longer on her feet and is crawling backwards. he feels that he is trapped in a routine he saw years ago when he was a child. The circus had set up right outside of town, and there were magicians and animal acts, and clowns. The clowns did something similar to what was happening now, tripping, and falling, and slipping all over the place. He makes a mental note to have a talk with Tempest about her spell placement, and takes as defensive a stance as he can in front of the downed skeleton.

 

 

 

Spot check: 1d20(8) +11 =19(pass). Reflex save: 1d20(9) +9 =18(pass, stay upright). Position: D2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skeleton #1 (D1), rises to its feet, its bones rattle as it does. Its lower jaw drops down for no apparent reason as it prepares to move forward. Its tattered boot lifts up, then the shift in weight causes it to SLIP on the slick surface once more and it collapses to the floor. Like a mindless automation it rises slowly to its feetagain and Darius finds himself staring into its undead face. An eerie feeling to say the least to be standing slow close to the undead creature and it not reacting to his presence.

 

Skeleton #2 (B1), heads north towards the black cloud, passing right by Kurith as she crawls out of the area of the Grease spell. The skeleton then disappears into the depths of the black deadly mass. A moment later you hear a slight thud, followed by a little ruckus as if something thrashed about in a small room then exited again. Then another thud is heard and the scraping off metal is heard on wood. Then the skeletons footsteps seem dimmer as it moves further away from the group.

 

 

Game note: I didn't post a position for Skeleton #2, since currently no one is able to see it but your able to guess it has at least made it into the banquet room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darius stands ready in front of the skeleton, ready for it to make the first move, and puzzled as to why it hasn't already.

 

"I think they're after something other than us," he says to his companions. He risks a quick glance over his shoulder at the other skeleton. "The question is, do we allow them to leave with it?"

 

 

 

Spot check (if necessary) to find moving skeleton: 1d20(9) +11 =20. Readied action: Stay in front of the skeleton at D1 if it moves toward any of the others in the group. Reflex save (if needed): 1d20(14) +9 =23(pass).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing that her companions are still largely useless in a fight at this point, Tempest chooses to answer Darius' query with action. In what is becoming an all-too-familiar routine, Tempest again withdrawls the runed silver-tipped ash wand from a pocket of her bandoleer and aims it at the skeleton in front of Darius. Her voice rings out with the cry of "fulmine!" Again, two brilliant shards of white energy streak from the tip of the wand to unerringly strike Tempest's target. She then steps behind Darius and states, "I don't intend for either of them to leave."

 

 

[Move euivalent action: draw 3rd lvl Wand of Magic Missiles from the Bandoleer. Standard action: expend a charge to magic missile the skeleton in D1 for (2d4+2=7) 7 points of damage. Take a 5' adjustment to D3.]

 

 

~v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The pair of magic missiles streak toward their target like a pair for jetfigthers flying in perfect combat formation. They both strike the skeleton on the skull simultaneously and the head explodes from the impact, sending small fragment about the area. The skeletons headless corpse crumbles to the floor at Darius feet.

 

 

This is just an update to Tempest action

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith crawls toward less slippery footing even though she has to crawl over Rothgar to do so. She has already made up her mind that if he complains of it, she will promise never to save his life again.

 

She pulls herself back up onto her feet at the heavy oak pillar that supports the low ceiling. The black nauseating cloud still hangs in the air beyond the bar, not that Kurith really expects anybody to critique her for not choosing to use the toilets as a place to be sick.

 

Believing that it would make her stomach feel better, Kurith toddles over to the nearest wall (A3) and heaves up violently and abundantly. After that, she begins looking around for an unspilled drink or perhaps better.

 

"Hey Tempus? Got anyhing that'll ... umm..."

 

Kurith turns away again just in time and contributes a bit more to the disgusting mess that is splattered across the floor at her feet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Group…

Kurith draws a glance from her companions as she gives the Underdark Tavern a new decorative feature. Most of what comes up resembles the black soot. Though now she feels much better, with only a few strands of drool hanging from her lower lip.

 

Then the sound of thousands of bugs instantly dying in mid-flight and falling to the floor draws everyone’s attention to wear the black cloud lingered. Looking over they see that it is no longer exist, though the floor is litter with ash and soot.

 

Everyone will also note at this time that the wavering mist has thinned and is concentrated in patches now (similar like in graveyards) so the floor is a lot more visible. (Hence why you can see the soot and ash on the floor)

 

Game note: anyone looking up column C will not see the skeleton, though it did take its actions. Darius at the end of your next post you will no longer be nauseated.

Edited by Lorderl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tempest suppresses the urge to tell the half-orc to shut up. Even if Rothgar and Darius were responsible for the mess caused by the black cloud, Kurith did charge in to save them at her own risk, she chides herself. Instead, she gathers her thoughts then simply replies, "not now." She skirts the edge of the Greased area, stepping over Rothgar's still-prone form along her way to the door of the Underdark. Now that the cloud is cleared, she glances towards the banquet room as she moves past, but seeing nothing, moves the rest of the way to the door. She raises the wand to the ready, and waits.

 

 

[Move Action: move from E3 to A1, avoiding the Greased area, turn and face the banquet door. Standard action: Ready wand to cast Magic Missile at the remaining skeleton, should it appear through the doorway before my next initiative.]

 

 

~v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darius blinks a couple of times when the skeleton explodes in front of him. Then he says "Well done, Tempest. I'll go find the other one."

 

Still moving carefully, he walks toward the last known position of the skeleton, ending up in the banquet room, his stool held high. He tries to take in the whole room at once to make sure the bony menace is not lying in ambush.

 

 

 

 

Reflex save: 1d20(14) +9 =23(pass). Spot check: 1d20(16) +11 =27. Position: C8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith's mind becomes much clearer now that the poison has for the most part left her body. A strange noise from the banquet room catches her attention and she turns just in time to see the black poisonous cloud drop to the ground like wet ashes. Not to her surprise, Darius heads straight back in toward that crate which he was so bent on getting into earlier.

 

Kurith is pretty certain there had been two skeletons before, and that one had gone toward the back room. Kurith tries to wake Rothgar, but unsuccessfully.

 

"Better be glad I don't like you enuff to help ya, Tempus.", Kurith says to the blue lady with a shrug. "My help'll jus' get ya dead."

 

That said, Kurith starts off afer Darius. (D7)

 

____

 

{OOC}

I'm not sure which spot Darius is in, but will not push past him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Group…

Both Kurith and Darius can make out the shadowy form of the skeleton in the hidden room just before it emerges from within. Immediately they notice it no longer wields the pitiful weapon it once had. The gleam from the mirror-like surface of this new weapon reflects off Darius eyes. Both characters easily recognize the waraxe as the weapon wielded by their unconscious dwarven companion known as Rothgar.

 

The skeleton still has that unconcerned walk about it as it moves toward the exit, that is until it steps (C9) up to Darius when a missile of magical energy appears out from nowhere and strikes it, causing only minor damage. At that moment its red pin-point eyes seems to come alive as they appear to radiate brighter. It raises the mighty dwarven weapon and takes a WILD SWING and easily misses the intended target before it.

 

 

Skeleton damage spoiler:

2 points of damage from wand of magic missiles (1st level)

 

Game note: as previously stated the skeleton wasn’t in actual combat, but I followed the initiative count so I would know when the skeleton would act. Now is when the skeleton is consider to be in combat, and because of a feature in the waraxe, it’s Initiative count actually raises by 2. This means that it’ll go before both Darius and Tempest. Yes, the Readied Action would have/did put Tempest before the skeleton but it’s actually initiative increased after Tempest attack. So please note the new Initiative Count. So after Kurith action the skeleton will go again.

 

Kurith: 24

Skeletons: 21 (19+2) (increased from weapon feature)

Darius: 20

Tempest: 19 (increased from Readied Action)

Edited by Lorderl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith begins unslinging her axe as soon as the skeleton emerges from the smaller room and toward Darius.

 

"Move over where both us can get at him!", she says to Darius as she prepares to step forward and join the fight.

 

____

 

{Standard Action: draw weapon - Free Action - speak to Darius - Delayed Action - take 5' step forward to C8 and attack Skeleton with greataxe}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The skeleton unconcerned with the dialog between those before it pulls back once more and STRIKES, but its attack falls short as Darius easily avoids the swing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"There's nowhere to move to!" Darius shouts as he swings his stool at the skeleton.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Attack: 1d20(18) +5 -4(improvised weapon) =19. Damage: 1d6(6) +1 =7.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Group...

After the skeletons last attack, Darius eyes an easy opening and with his makeshift club smack into the skeletons ribcage. It then crumbles to the floor in pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...