Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lorderl

The Dead of Knight

Recommended Posts

Kurith…, Tempest…, Eligos…,

Kurith heaves her mighty weapon in an arc without any regard to where the blow will land. The reward for her effort is the sound of the greataxe clashing against the spikes on the hobgoblins shield. Kurith oaths of blasphemous vulgarity fall literally on dead ears. The soft spoken voice of Eligos is heard in the back once he recalls Kurith’s inquiry ”Got any more 'them dogs up yer sleeve”, he begins casting a spell after Kurith verbal assault against the hobgoblin zombie, his hands take on a greenish glow. A moment later, two bolts of brilliant blue-white energy race past so close to Kurith that she can smell her own singed hair. Tempest magic missiles slam one after the other into the undead creatures chest. It recoils back slightly and you see a swirl of smoke rising from where the impact occurred. As if the hobgoblin zombie didn’t already reek enough, the air around it takes on an even fouler tinge because of its burnt undead flesh. The undead hobgoblin pushes Kurith weapon aside and brings its own weapon down in an overhead arc and the blade sinks deep into Kurith shoulder. Before it even retches it free, an upsurge of blood sprays outwards in all directions from the nasty wound. The sharp bite of steel that Kurith expects to feel never comes but pain does follow right after the rusted blade is freed.

 

 

Need the above characters to make a Spot Check DC20

you glimpse another of the smaller creatures at (C4), it vanishes beneath the fog, you were able to note that it motioned in your groups direction as it vanished beneath the Effluvium.

Read upon Succcessful Check or Spoiler

 

 

Rothgar…

In the span of a moment after which Rothgar shifted his eyes to call back to the other voice behind him there was silence. A still silence that was only broken by the drip, drip sound of gore and blood sliding off an enchanted Mithril waraxe. A weapon that played a defining role in what has come to simply be called the Battle of Thornhold. In which Hearthfire, in the service of the Darkdelver clan was used during the Second Troll Wars (940-952 DR.) and in defense of Clan Holdings.

 

But Hearthfire was not the only weapon to feel the intense searing flames those roughly four and a quarter centuries past which made it the weapon it is today. Yes, there were others set upon the anvil and forged by the dwarven smiths of Clan Stoneshaft into weapons that any dwarf warrior would be proud to wield into battle, but only one other was said to be the equal of Hearthfire in power after the runes of enchantments were laid upon it, the Waraxe so named Tingle! It was a member of the Clan Irongullet that was in attendance that wielded Tingle alongside Hearthfire in the Battle of Thornhold. Tingle had been bestowed upon Clan Irongullet and served them well during many of the glorious battles of the Second Troll Wars.

 

Through what cruel twist of fate is it now that these two weapons which once fought alongside one another, which may well be called kin, since they were both birthed from the same fires and dwarven forgesmith, would now come to be held in battle against one another. It is this weapon of kinship which Rothgar must now stand against.

 

For in that span of the simply sound of drip, drip, was Tingle then bore aloft and made to strike a vicious blow against Rothgar, and even though the dwarven warrior deftly regrouped his defenses to forestall an attack that would have cut clean and deep into his rear ribcage, the strike found its mark. Perhaps it was the cost of allowing Tingle to languish in the hands of an abomination that the dwarven gods or some latent magic within Tingle, twisted by the Effluvium made it strike true. As the steel blade is pulled free it brings with it the red nectar of life which covers the blade like a crescent moon. Had it been a dwarven warrior that struck the blow or one whom could read the runes set upon Tingle, Rothgar would have found a new meaning of being alive for his veins and eyes would have twinkled with a flash of electricity that would have coursed throughout his body. The sharp pain that should be shooting through his body from the assault is absent, but pain there is none the less. Fate thus did at least shine some luck upon Rothgar this day, for his adversary is one of the unliving and lacks such knowledge as it did in life. The undead hobgoblin then mimics your movement and steps over to the right (C6). Your experienced enough to know that hobgoblins, in life anyways, are a tactical breed. You wonder if this unliving creature before you still carries those same traits and could it actually be attempting to block your means of escape? If so, for what purpose?

 

Now both living and unliving warriors stand against each other, each holding a Dwarven Waraxe that has seen countless battles throughout the ages, each weapon covered in the blood off its enemy, like brothers that have been turned on one another. The undead Hobgoblin seizes the opportunity to strike while Rothgar regains his senses from its previous attack. Tingle rises once more to drink deeply into the Rothgar flesh. The hobgoblin swing Tingle in an upward motion hoping to catch Rothgar unawares, but the attack strays wide and slams into the ceiling above.

 

 

Darius…

You wonder how long you can hold out against the fearsome little undead goblins while fighting in such restrictive quarters and with no real weapon that is really effective against them. You recall your previous visit to the Underdark, and only now wish you would have sworn to Silvanus never to enter its bowels again. Surely some words will be shared with Thor Irongullet once this nasty business is said and done.

 

As you exchange words with the stout form of what must be a dwarf at the rooms entrance, the pair of undead goblins claw and strike at you. The first goblin (D10) swipes at you with both of its razor sharp claws. You can still feel a trickle of blood on your arm from its last two strikes against you and have no desire to repeat the experience. You feel its first claw rake across your right leg and its second slide harmlessly across the front of your chain shirt, and though the sensation of its first attack isn’t as sharp as you expected, you none the less know it sliced into your flesh causing a small wound. Its likely the first undead goblin struck you because most of your attention was drawn to its counterpart wielding the hissing serpent for a blade, and you didn’t give much thought to the weaponless undead goblin. A minor mistake at best, but even so, you know much more of this and you’ll be joining the ranks of the undead yourself.

 

You shift slightly away from the undead goblin that attacked as your brain acknowledges the wound on your right leg. The undead goblin with the Viper blade then chose that moment to step over to your left (E9). That slight shift is exactly what the Viper was waiting for as it strikes. You try to pull your hand away but the Viper is far to quick in this instant. Its twin fangs pierce the skin of your hand holding the bow, but you refuse to relinquish your favorite means of defending yourself. Your fears are confirmed as the sensation of its poison courses through you. You recall when you were a lad back in Mistledale, while on the farm you came across a tiny viper, you also recall that your father had spoken to you time and time again to leave them alone if ever you came upon one. Though being young and headstrong as boys are at that trifling age you never listened. You toyed with the tiny viper, then drew to close and it reacted with a blinding strike as you turned and it bit you on the calf. Though you suffered now ill effects that day and thus avoided having to tell your father, it was your very first lesson in respect for nature and its creatures. Only now your no longer a young lad, and being a seasoned ranger you know full while the effects of a Vipers bite and youthful luck is spent only on those who soon enough find themselves being buried in the bosom of natures cradle.

 

Darius, Need Fort DC10

you sustain 1d6 Con damage, you can roll it

Read upon Failed Save or Spoiler

 

It has become more evident that everyone can now see their breath in the air, especially those of you with the added extertion of melee combat.

 

 

Kurith’s Damage Spoiler

Kurith takes 11 points of damage

Rothgars Damage Spoiler

Rothgar takes 13 points of damage, Rolled a natural 20, and failed the Confirmed Crit, rolled a 2.

Darius Damage Spoiler

Darius takes 3 points of damage from claw attack, and 2 points of damage from the Viper’s bite

Edited by Lorderl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith grits her teesh as the zombie pulls its rusty sword from her shoulder. She had almost believed she would escape this duel unscathed when the tiefling's magic causes the zombie to reel backward, but the moment was fleeting, and the zombie stubbornly resumed its attack. Though Kurith tried to parry, the zombie pushed aside her defense and brought its sword down upon her shoulder, biting deep.

 

Her arm begins to throb, and blood seems to be everywhere, but there seems to Kurith to be no other option than to make one more attack, even if it might be her last. With grim determination, she strikes, hoping that none of the three dieties whom she mentioned in her lengthy curse took offense at her bold words.

 

Though her arm seems to be on fire, Kurith grips her axe with both hands and swings in a diagonal arc starting at the monster's left shoulder and ending at its right hip, cutting into the creature's torso. A thin stream of ichor oozes from the wound and puddles onto the floor. The evil energy that sustains the monster has finally been spent, and the abomination collapses.

 

Believing that the immediate threat is gone, Kurith slumps toward the nearest wall as though she fears she might pass out.

 

"Elligus... Tempus.... can ya help me?"

 

____

 

The attack >> Greataxe attack: 21 {1d20+10+1} AC damage 10 {1d12+7+1}

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the little viper's fangs pierce his flesh, Darius feels a momentary queasiness, but that passes, and he doesn't feel any other ill effects. Cursing everything that led to his being in The Underdark tonight, he throws the goblin from him and takes another step backwards, putting his back against the wall, already reloading his bow as he does so. He takes quick aim and fires an arrow at each of the little monstrosities before him, scoring a hit each time.

 

He notices that the thing fighting the zombie is a dwarf, and believes it to be Thor, arriving at last. "Hey, dwarf!" he shouts, frustration in his voice. "Is this how you treat everyone you invite to your establishment?"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[OOC] I'm pretty sure both attacks are hits, so I'll post damage as well. Darius took a five-foot step, and a full attack action utilizing the Rapid Shot Feat. Fort Save: 1d20(17) +7 = 24. Attack (unarmed goblin): 1d20(15) +6 (Rapid Shot bow modifier) +1 (Point Blank Shot) -2 (low ceiling) = 20; Damage: 1d8(2) +1 (composite longbow) +1 (Point Blank Shot) = 4. Attack (armed goblin): 1d20(13) +6 +1 -2 = 18; Damage: 1d8(6) +1 +1 = 8. Darius is now in square F10. [/OOC]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rothgar shouts to his possible ally in the meeting room, "While I finish off this brute blocking the doorway, try to make your way over here and we can get ourselves to a safer location so we can bind our wounds and figure a way out of here!"

 

With a mixture of grief stricken sorrow and rage in his voice Rothgar snarls, "I fear Thor and Bell're no longer living. This ain't their doing and I plan to make whoever did this..."

 

"Oh sh...!!!"

 

Rothgar ducks his head and dives forward to his right, the hobgoblin's axe striking empty air where Rothgar once stood, leaving several whisps of Rothgar's braid floating through the air. Tucking his chin, Rothgar crashes through the remains of scattered furniture, rolling off his left shoulder and coming to his feet to the hobgoblin's rear left. Driving his boots into the floor, Rothgar stops his forward progress, his thighs absorbing the impact and compressing like springs. Surging against the momentum, Rothgar's legs uncoil and he pivots clockwise, using all the stored energy to drive his waraxe solidly into the hobgoblin's exposed hip in a staggering blow that would have crippled a living foe. A booming chime echoes through the room, reminding all who hear it of a hammer striking anvil and the fire in your heart burns a little brighter. When he finishes, he stands directly behind the hobgoblin, waraxe and shield ready with a wicked grin on his face. The hobgoblin remains limned by the same violet flames that dance along the blade of Rothgar's Ancient Waraxe.

 

 

Move action: Tumble (DC 15) C7 to B6 to B5 to C5. Standard Action: Attack Hobgoblin (C6) - I hate undead being immune to my extra damage from Skirmish! Movement increases AC by +1, Dodge bonus applied to Hobgbolin. AC vs Hobgoblin = 21, Others = 20. Everyone w/in 30 ft (all of us) continues to receive +1 to hit, +1 saves vs Fear until my next round, since I hit successfully. Hobgoblin remains lit with Faerie Fire.

Edited by Qwyksilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relieved that the expenditure of further arcane energy upon the zombie proved unnecessary, Tempest allows herself the briefest pause before addressing Kurith. "I am sorry, but I am no healer. I cannot repair your wounds anymore so than my own," she adds. Glancing up and down the hall and finding no apparent further threat, Tempest listens at the door to her left. Hearing nothing unusual, she opens the door.

 

[Free action: address Kurith. Move equivalent action: Listen at door. Move equivalent action: open the door.]

 

~v

Edited by Shakandara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rothgar…

The undead hobgoblin at first seems unfazed by the blow, though you clearly see the gaping wound and the result of your attack spew from its side as well as upon your waraxe. It bellows forth another of its foul moans in your direction as it turns toward you. Its own waraxe comes around with it as it turns, once more you prepare to brunt the force of the attack upon your shield.

 

“Thunk!”, you hear the sound of the waraxe strike into the wooden support column. Not much of a strategist or tactical fighter from your point of view you figure. Unless the support column was its intent target, in which case its possible but highly unlikely that a portion of the above floor could come crashing down on you if that column gave way! The hobgoblin proceeds to attempt and free its weapon so it may ensue the battle once more.

 

 

Darius…

For a moment you believe the dwarf has chosen to abandon you as he dashes from sight in the other direction, figures it would happen now, you with your back literally up against a wall while fending off a couple of undead goblins. Luckily for many regions of Faerun that these creatures are not so brazen in life.

 

Once again the undead goblins converge upon you. The unarmed goblin comes (E10) at you an takes two swipes, each of its claws clash harmlessly against your chain shirt. It counterpart also steps over (F9) to your left side again and strikes with its Viper blade. Again you feel its fangs bite into your flesh, this time into your left bicep. You steady yourself in the off chance its effect take hold of you.

 

 

Darius, Need Fort DC10

you sustain 1d6 Con damage, you can roll it

Read upon Failed Save or Spoiler

 

 

Kurith…, Eligos…, Tempest…

Seeing as Kurith has dispatched with the undead hobgoblin at hand, Eligos lets his spell fade away as he rushes to Kurith side to see what aid he may provide for her. Anger swells up in him as he wishes he could have done something sooner to prevent her from even sustaining such injuries. The contents of his pack rush through his mind, and all that he can offer Kurith are comforting words as he tries to support her large frame against him.

 

“I also do not possess the necessary talents to heal your wounds” he states right after Tempest. “nor do I have any healing potions which could alleviate your suffering.” For a moment Eligos thinks to tear a garment when he spies Kurith and both of Tempest backpacks. “do you recall if your pack contains such potions” he asks Kurith then looks back to Tempest who is listening at the door to her left “perhaps m'lady has something in one of her packs that could hel…”

 

Eligos words fall short as he watches Tempest un-expectantly swing the door open and another of the smaller creature that resembles the ones from below attacks. From the horror-struck expression on Tempest face and the small yelp she made, Eligos is sure that the creature rusty curved blade successfully found its mark. Unbeknown to both the Tiefling and Air Genasi, the blade only cut through clothing and came within a air-breath of cutting into Tempest cool blue flesh. But there isn’t anytime for Eligos to aid her as another of the undead goblin springs up before Kurith and himself. The little abominations arm comes out of the fog in an arc with a morningstar in hand and slams it into one of the pair before him.

 

I’ll leave it for Eligos or Kurith to decide whom the attack was against, and who will retain that position. The one being attacked need not be the one that retains the position.

 

Roll Initiative, or I can use previous rolls since a full round of non-combat hasn’t lapsed, or I can make all the Initiative rolls by hand and post them up in OOC? Let me know in OOC please.

 

 

Kurith or Eligos Damage Spoiler

you take 3 points of damage across the thigh

Darius Damage Spoiler

Darius takes 3 points of damage from the Viper’s bite

Edited by Lorderl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Startled by its speed, but not particularly surprised by the presence, Tempest immediately brings the wand in her left hand to bear of the undead goblin. "Fulmine piccolo," she incants, and another bolt of blue white energy bursts from the tip of the instrument and strikes the malevolent creature. Even as she blasts the creature with the spell, she searches for more targets.

 

 

[standard action: invoke 1st level Wand of Magic Missile (3 points of Damage). Move equivalent action: Spot check to notice other opponents (1d20+7=26 on unknown DC)]

 

 

~v

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith had more or less steadied herself against the wall. She was by no means bleeding out, but still she felt mildly dizzy and a tad disoriented from the shock of the wound. Neither Eligos nor Tempest believed they could help her in a healing capacity, but at least she felt assured that either would..if only they could.

 

"Do you recall if your pack contains such potions?", Eligos asked her as Tempest listened at the door. Kurith pauses and thinks to herself, recalling all she had intentionally brought with her from Sailor's Corner that afternoon.

 

"No..I jus' got my...", she bagins, and then once again pauses briefly. She had not put the flask of potion in her pocket that afternoon, but maybe it was still there from yesterday or the day before. Being in her line of work, she had taken the habit of keeping several doses of curative in a metal flask, but had she already used it up..and if not was it in a pocket of these breeches or the other ones at the bottom of the pile of dirty garments in her room at the Corner.

 

With her left hand, the hand that is not full of axehandle, she reaches awkwardly across and pats th eoutside of her right front pocket.

 

"Wait... I think I...", she begins, but her words and actions are cut short by the arrival of another goblin through the door Tempest had been listening to. Kurith barely has time to wonder how it is that goblins could infiltrate the Underdark so quickly after she and her companions had waited for what seemes like hours, when a second goblin appears directly in front of her. She tries to react as it swings its morningstar at her, but she is not quick enough nor well-enough armoured to protect herself from the blow. For all her dodging and side-stepping, she only succeeds in stepping on Eligos' foot and knocking him to the ground. The thought of the curative draught in her pocket only serves to make her want to hurry up and finish this particular goblin off. Though she has grown tired of seeing goblins, she is glad this one is not a hobgoblin instead.

 

Feeling less concerned for her own wounded condifion, Kurith attacks as she had donw with the hobgoblin, only being mindful of the smaller creatures height. She brings her axe down like a hammer upon the goblin, utterly turning him to a pile of shattered bone.

 

____

 

The Attack:

Greataxe attack: 16 {1d20+10+1}

 

If successful:

damage 18 {1d12+7+1}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rothgar almost feels some pity for the poor mindless beast, such a martial race brought so low, as the Hobgoblin grossly telegraphs it's next attack and seems to ignore the huge lally column Rothgar is standing next to. As the hobgoblin lifts its stolen waraxe and begins to spin counter clockwise, Rothgar catches sight of the axe and the pity is lost on him, replaced again with his desire to utterly destroy the beast. A grin spreads across Rothgar's face at how easy this will be.

 

The hobgoblin begins its fatal spin towards Rothgar as he ducks and rolls behind the lally column, regaining his feet and spinning to keep it between him and the hobgoblin until he hears the 'THUNK' of the axe biting solidly into the wood. Rothgar grins knowing from the sound that the axe is soundly wedged into the column. He finishes his maneuver by tumbling directly behind the hobgoblin, standing before the doorway he recently left. As Rothgar completes his roll and springs to his feet, he spies the hobgoblin reaching to pull it's waraxe from the wood, it's entire body exposed. A grim chuckle escapes Rothgar's lips as he raises his waraxe and swings at the exposed back of the hobgoblin.

 

With the thunderous chime of hammer striking anvil, the waraxe flares with violet flames as it tears through the rotting flesh of the zombie's shoulder, smashing through the joint and exiting somewhere in the middle of the hobgoblin's ribcage. The initial efforts to remove the waraxe from the column send the body spinning as the arm is severed at the shoulder. As it careens wildly, ichor sprays about the room from the stump of the ruined shoulder. Rothgar raises his shield to keep most of the gore off him and uses it to shove the flame limned body aside as it crashes to the ground, once again truly lifeless. The arm continues to twitch as it grips the waraxe, the last impulses of unlife fading. Grinning, Rothgar growls at the twice dead hobgoblin, "If you had just dropped the axe when you had a chance, I wouldn't have had to disarm you."

 

The moment of gallows humor passes and Rothgar quickly scans the room for any immediate threats and spies the remains of the front door hanging in splinters.

 

Damn! No way that's going to be barred to keep these creatures out. Time to change plans.

 

Rothgar breathes deeply to calm himself, his body surging with adrenalin and endorphins from the fight, and a tear escapes his eye knowing he has at least recovered the Irongullet's Ancestral Axe.

 

This will be returned to their clan when this is over if they have not survived. But there is no time to mourn the dead when there are still those living in need of help.

 

"Hey ork-lover you ready to move, or do you need a hand?"

 

[OOC] Move Action: Tumble (DC17) C5 > B5 > B6 > C7. Standard Action: Total destruction of Hobgoblin zombie. Free Action: Schwartzenagger-esque punning. AC against all comers = 20. Everyone receives +1 to hit/+1 save vs Fear next round.[/OOC]

Edited by Qwyksilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith…, Eligos…

As you step on Eligos foot, he instinctually lowers his head to see what has caused the pain. As he does so, you heft your weapon. Unbeknownst to you, what you perceived as a shove and a kind act on your behalf to shield your companion from an attack, turned out to be that your elbow whacked the young Tiefing across the brow and he dropped to the floor like a bag of laundry. You glance about for more of the little creatures, suspecting were there’s one, there’s usually others about, well that’s the normal pattern for living goblins anyways you recall. Figuring Eligos will get up on his own, your attention goes back to Tempest and the only remaining undead creature around.

 

 

Tempest…

As you aim the wand at the undead goblin before you its swipes at your arm with its scimitar. You deftly rotate your arm and the blade cuts through empty air and into the door frame. You release the blast of your wand, its soars over the goblins shield and into its shoulder. After the energy dissipates, you see several cracks have formed where your spell struck. Surprisingly the undead goblin rips its blade free while you evaluate your handwork. Bits of the already batter frame fall to the floor and the goblin brings the scimitar around in a backswing which nicks your forearm. Once more you are reminded of the creatures startling speed as you pull away.

 

 

Rothgar…

A sense of fulfillment comes over you as you’ve done a great service to your race this day, the stories of your great great grandfather fills your mind and heart. There is no doubt in you that this is the same feeling your ancestor you were so named after felt when he wielded Hearthfire in battle those many years past. You’ve recovered the Irongullets family waraxe, but why would undead seek it out in the first place, and will more come and try to claim it as this one at your feet did. What of your own waraxe, and have you marked yourself now that you are the bearer of two ancestral weapons?

 

Even as you catch a glimpse of a human fending off a pair of undead goblins, you can’t help yourself in taunting him ever so slightly by asking if he’s in need of a hand. Why not an arm as there’s a spare one literally hanging around you think to say but don’t as you know he wouldn’t catch on.

 

 

Darius…

Again you feel no ill effect from the Viper’s bite. Seeing that the undead goblin with the Viper blade had a small crack along its skull from your previous attack and with some possible help nearby you decide to be a little risky and fire another pair of arrows, one into each goblin. As you draw to release the first arrow, the goblin tries to rake your arm but misses, but its attack was enough to make you miss as you release the arrow, but this didn’t hinder the goblin with the Viper blade as you feel its fang bite into your left cheekbone. You lose your temper and quickly draw and release your second arrow at the armed goblin. Your aim is true as the arrow strike the already minor crack and splits the goblins skull. It crumbles to the floor and you hear the sound of metal clang against stone. see Darius roll results HERE

 

Your intense focus on the second goblin unfortunately left you exposed to the first goblin as it tears into your right side with its claws, a mild cut to your arm and another slightly deeper gash into your leg.

 

 

Darius, Need Fort DC10

you sustain 1d6 Con damage, you can roll it

Read upon Failed Save or Spoiler

 

 

Tempest Damage Spoiler

Tempest takes 1 points of damage, failed Confirmed Crit, rolled an 8

Darius Damage Spoiler

Darius takes 7 points total of damage, 2 to arm and 3 to leg from claw attacks, and 2 from Viper’s bite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Determined to force the creature to come to her, Tempest edges down the hallway a little, keeping the goblin in sight. She levels the wand at the goblin and repeats the command, "Fulmine piccolo," and another bolt of energy impacts her foe with force similar to the first. She then draws her cold iron dagger, hoping that she can draw the creature into the hallway between her an Kurith to finish it.

 

 

[Non-action: 5' step from J4 to K4. Standard action: invoke 1st level Wand of Magic Missiles (for 3 points of damage). Move equivalent action: draw cold iron dagger with right hand from bandoleer.]

 

 

~v

Edited by Shakandara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I could use a hand, yeah!" Darius shouts at the dwarf as the goblin with the snake falls. Once again, he feels the poison from the snakes bite dissipate as soon as it enters his system, and, for what he hopes will be the final time, he takes a step backward and fires two arrows.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

[OOC] Darius takes a five foot step and invokes Rapid Shot again. Fort Save: 1d20(13) +7 =20. Attack: 1d20(8) +6 (Rapid Shot modifier) +1 (Point Blank Shot) +1 (Bless) -2 (Ceiling) =14; Damage: 1d8(3) +1 (Composite Longbow) +1 (Point Blank Shot) =5. Attack: 1d20(16) +6 =22; Damage: 1d8(5) +2 =7. [/OOC]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rothgar calls to the voice in the meeting room, "Be right there! Something I need to take care of first!"

 

The flames enveloping Hearthfire's ancient blade flicker and extinguish as Rothgar wrenches the ancient waraxe, Tingle, from the column and places it in Hearthfire's sheath. Rothgar silently offers an oath to the old friends who had been like fathers to him for the past 30 odd years.

 

Thor, Bell, I swear such a vile hand as that shall never again touch this blade so long as I still draw breath. If you have managed to survive this horror, I will do my best to find you. If you have fallen, fear not, the blood spilled on this hearth shall be avenged.

 

Rothgar scans the room for any further danger as his eyes adjust to the darkness but notices no new immediate threats.

 

Rothgar calls over his shoulder, "Looks clear out here cept for your dance partner, though I saw a couple more of those goblins moving over towards the stairs up to the main taproom, and from the sounds of things, they may have found something up there. There should be a catch in the back corner to my left that springs a door to take us upstairs. If you think you can handle the goblin in there, I want to check the other room to make sure we're not leaving any other survivors down here before we vacate."

 

 

[Move Action: Sheath weapon, 2nd Move Action: Listen/Spot checks, Free Action: Communication w/ Darius. No movement, so AC is now 19. No more bonuses to hit or vs Fear]

Edited by Qwyksilver

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurith gives the pile of bones that was once a goblin a quick kick with her right foot, sending a few bits of shattered bone skitting across the floor beneath the fog. Keeping both eyes fixed on the one goblin that remains standing, Kurith leans down and touches the back of Eligos' cloak.

 

The tiefling does not stir..not even to flinch. He just lies there as though asleep.

 

"Elligus", Kurith gives him a slight shaking.

 

"Elligus?"

 

She suspects he is under the spell of the fog, but being that he has only just become submerged in it, and being that he, like Tempest, is a magic user and by Kurith's own logic should be at least in part immune to magic, Kurith leaves him lie.. at least for now.

 

"Damn you.", she curses in the Common tongue, though it is not readily apparent to whom the curse is directed. With the one remaining goblin still in her icy gaze, Kurith grips her axe tightly and steps toward the little creature. With no regard for stealth, grace or combat finesse, Kurith stomps forward, pulls her axe back over her right shoulder, then swings down upon it with all her might.

 

It would appear that Kurith has finally adjusted to her new acquisition.

 

______

 

The Attack:

Greataxe attack: 25 {1d20+10}

 

If successful:

damage 20 {1d12+8}

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darius…

With one of the undead goblins down your confidence rises as you feel that two more arrows should do the trick to bring the count down to zero. Between the cramp quarters and having not fully gotten the time to get all your bearings, you attempt to take another step back as you nock an arrow in place, but find your way blocked by a wall. The goblin seeing your surprise takes a swipe at you but misses as you quickly recover by leaning to one side and release your arrow in the process. With a “twang”, it flies past the goblin an into the far wall. The cuts and bruises you’ve sustained flare up a bit, they’ll serve as a reminder the next time you receive an invitation to the Underdark. A bead of sweat runs down your cheek and into your wound. With a sting it mixes in with some of the blood already there then the bead continues its journey. You release your next arrow, its finds its mark and breaks a few of the goblins ribs as it shatters against them.

 

Once again your attention is drawn to gruff voice of the dwarf just outside the room. Seeing as his not rushing in to help you out, you can only gather that his likely pouring himself an ale while you dance with the small unliving creature. Your thoughts are interrupted as you feel a renewed pain on your right leg, the goblin has struck you once again. You adjust your position and try not to bludgeon yourself against the low ceiling. The goblin swipes at you again and catches you across the right side of your neck, leaving you with three fine scratches, each oozing just a bit of blood.

 

 

Tempest…

The bolt of blue white energy impacts against the goblins lower jaw and it breaks off and clatters to the floor. For a moment you believe you might have undone the malevolence energy that binds the creature to the material plane but it remains standing and poised to strike. You step aside and watch the female half-orc check on her companion. You see the anger in her eyes as she swears and rises to her feet with her greataxe firmly clenched in her hands.

 

 

Kurith…

The bits and pieces of the goblin slide along the wooden floor of the hallway, leaving an eerily echo in its wake just before they come to a halt. As Tempest appears to be holding her own against another of the undead critters you take a moment to check on Eligos whom as of yet hasn’t risen. Going down to one knee you wave the blade of your weapon slightly like a fan and eye the motionless position which Eligos lays in . Your attempt at rousing the Tiefiling are unsuccessful but you note he did have one of the cloaks from the hidden room flung over his shoulder, part of which is nestled under his jet black hair. Seem he new enough not to leave there empty handed after all. His visage is calm, but his reddish sun-burned skin, blazing red-rimmed amber eyes, the small nubby horns protruding from his forehead over each eye and those sharp pointed teeth, appear to take on an uncomfortable demeanor and creepy manifestation as the fog starts to roll over his features. You rise and move to the remaining unliving abomination bent on dispensing your anger upon its fleshless corpse. Bits of wood fly about as not only did the fierceness of the attack tear through the undead goblin but part of the door frame as well. The remaining undead creature is now only a heap of bones on the floor, at least the remaining ones that weren’t broken into splinters.

 

An evident crash comes from somewhere in the above floor!

 

 

Rothgar…

Feeling a bit parched, for a moment you regret earlier tossing your tankard away as you eye the large kegs behind the bar. There should likely be more of them along the bottom behind the bar, since what use would they serve the undead. With the Irongullet waraxe secured in place you glance about the common room, all that you can see as the fog shifts about are the gray forms of bodies laying just beneath what you’ve come to know as the Effluvium. You look inside the banquet room and catch a glimpse of the individual you’ve been talking with. Wielding a composite longbow against a lone undead goblin is a human male. He’s not of large frame and you question his choice of weaponry in such confined quarters. Possible some green recruit Thor was planning to have run some simple messenger work for him. As you ponder at his age he looks over in your direction, you see that undead goblin moves in and gets the better of him. The man has several visible cuts, the most noticeable being the one on his left cheekbone.

 

Both Darius and Rothgar hear a low erupt thud from somewhere above.

 

Darius Damage Spoiler

Darius takes 5 points total damage, 3 points to the neck and 2 to the leg from claw attacks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...