How often do you drop minis?

sam500

Oh I drop minis all the time. Did you know that a mini stuck to a spray can lid by way of silly putty bounces off linolium floors? ::D:

Yeah, I drop them, or my dog will knock them from my hands while I'm doing some very important, tiny detail work. It happens. Luckily Reaper MSPs are sooooooo good that the paint rarely chips, unless thrown against a wall or pitched onto concrete. I usually end up with bent weapons or staves.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drop minis so frequently that I've learned to just sigh and paint up the chips and cracks as battle damage. No, really, I do. :lol:

The few times I've dropped small pewter minis this has sometimes been what I've had to do if I knew touching the area up normally wouldn't work.

Then I end up doing what Dargrin does if I drop a small piece:

"*%$ Where did the %[email protected]# go??!

I dropped my Confrontation / Hybrid Nemesis clone after I was done painting him onto the concrete while packaging for a game. Mashed all his spines, and his tail. Anywhere the metal bent, all the paint popped off. I was not happy. Tried fixing it, and couln't get the colors right.

Stripped him to bare metal, and he has now been waiting to be painted for a bout a year.

Mike

When I worked in the dining room I would only drop little parts, right onto one of those carpets that are colored just right so everything blends perfectly into it.

Once I moved into my permanent painting area I simply began to drop whole minis, usually once they were reaching completion. Drop a unprimed figure, nope, drop a primed figure, nope, drop a basecoated figure, nope, drop a figure ready to be dullcoated, all the friggin' time!

Ack!

All the freaking time. ESPECIALLY if it's an Epic Warcaster from Privateer Press. ESPECIALLY if it's Epic Skarre...

*mutter-grumble-gripe*

However, there IS a trick: when you manage to scavenge everything that lanched itself from the mini except one piece, like...oh...I dunno....one teensy-tiny horn that could've been cast onto the model just as easily (ooo...bitterness ensues...) as a sprue? Dampen a paper-towel and pad it around where it you think it might be (actually, everywhere, I found that stinking horn 6 feet away from my desk. I'd blame my cat if he wouldn't slit my throat in my sleep) and it should pick it up.