Sign in to follow this  
Redfeild

Beastmen Army

Is it possible to feild a Reven army with just Beastmen? I have at least two packs of Beastmen & Champion and would like to finaly say a have unit at least. Who should lead?

Any other thoughts on Beastmen?

It's possible for very small battles. Since the only beastman leader is a non-unique sergeant you are limited to two units. Two units both consisting of Urga + 5 woodcutters would be 348 points. Anything beyond this would have to be non-beastman or equipment.

It's possible for very small battles. Since the only beastman leader is a non-unique sergeant you are limited to two units. Two units both consisting of Urga + 5 woodcutters would be 348 points. Anything beyond this would have to be non-beastman or equipment.

Hmm. Don't think I have even seen Urga at my FLGS. The Beastmen don't have a Warlord?

beastmen have (to my knowledge):

1 non-unique Sergeant

1 unique hero

woodcutter grunts.

In an all beastman army you'll not be able to field the hero because your sergeants don't have an elite slot. My suggestion is using proxying to achieve an all beastie army. Use orc stat cards but beastman minis.

beastmen have (to my knowledge):

1 non-unique Sergeant

1 unique hero

woodcutter grunts.

In an all beastman army you'll not be able to field the hero because your sergeants don't have an elite slot. My suggestion is using proxying to achieve an all beastie army. Use orc stat cards but beastman minis.

Thats an idea.

Is the champion with my Beastmen & Champion set the sergeant?

Yes. The Beastmen and Champion packs appear to be really old ones that came with a sergeant and two grunts (and metal bases). I bought two recently on ebay and that's what they have.

Ron

Yes. The Beastmen and Champion packs appear to be really old ones that came with a sergeant and two grunts (and metal bases). I bought two recently on ebay and that's what they have.

Ron

Thanks again.

Taerg, the Reven hero keeps falling on his face. Suggestions? Also, I noticed he has Ronin. Dose that not mean he can be independent of a unit? If so, then I could feild him.

But weather I can or not, I'm not so sure I could get a good looking army with so limited a selection of figures. Lets see, we have two grunts, a hero, and a sergent. I get the feeling that beastmen were just added for diversity.

Taerg, the Reven hero keeps falling on his face. Suggestions? Also, I noticed he has Ronin. Dose that not mean he can be independent of a unit? If so, then I could feild him.

No. Ronin means that if the rest of his unit falls, he does not suffer penalties from being "All Alone" (normally an automatic and unremovable shaken token as long as he is by himself).

But weather I can or not, I'm not so sure I could get a good looking army with so limited a selection of figures. Lets see, we have two grunts, a hero, and a sergent. I get the feeling that beastmen were just added for diversity.

The Beastmen are a part of the Reven and Tomukh (Bull Orc) sublists and are not numerous enough on their own to be much of a unit except for very small battles.

Ron

While the number of Beastmen figs is pretty limited, don't let that stop you. Go to the boneyard and order extra beastmen heads. Then find appropriate Reven stats and minis to convert into beastmen. Skeeter stats could work for Beastmen archers, and maybe some of the lesser orcs with new heads and a bit of green stuff would work as alternate beastmen. This would also work to convert a lesser orc captain or warlord into a beastman leader, and just use the orc data card.

I'm gonna do this army one of these days.....I've just got too many other projects to get to it!

Castlebuilder

Thanks again.

Taerg, the Reven hero keeps falling on his face. Suggestions?

I'd probably do one or more things with him one at a time until I felt I had good balance:

1. Metal Base (If they are not in the usual place, they are probably "boneyard" available)

2. Model, or attach a sloped rock so his center of gravity changes. Pose him going up the slope.

3. Clip the tag & have him further back in the base...

I don't remember him being too bad (that is, you'll be able to do these things while maintaining aesthetics...

I'v already got him on his bace so 1 and 3 are no goes. Sould have took a base from one of my beastmen.

2 sounds intriging. I don't like messing to much with bases. If they are not sculpted then I useualy do a basic black. The few Warlord I have painted are like that. But I don't see why I could not use some green stuff to put him on a sloap and paint ot black.

If attaching his sheild dose not help then I may do that.

By glueing some metal UNDER the plastic base it may help to make him steady.

Lord Siwoc's right there. Almost anybody has a few (or possibly a lot) bitz and bitz-ish miniatures lying around. Just cut up some of those pieces of tin so they fit in the hollow under the base, and then grey/greenstuff the remains so you end up with as much weight below the base as possible. You could also, if you're unhappy about cutting your minis to pieces, use those lead thingies that's used for keeping fishing lines in the water. Sorry, I don't know the technical term for these lead bits - I hate fishing and would rather spend time gluing myself to my minis.

Or you could use BB pellets knocked flat with a hammer.

Or... well I guess you get my drift...