Sign in to follow this  
Redfeild

Darkspawn Book?

I have interest in only three factions at the moment. Crusaders, Raven, and Darkspawn. I have the Crusaders book, have only resently taken interest in Raven, but have kept a look out for Darkspawn.

Have not been here for a while but I have been to my FLGS. I still don't see a Darkspawn book. In fact, it seems there have been no new books for a while. Is my FLGS not ordering or are there just no books?

All the old faction books are now obsolete and there are no current plans for producing any more faction books. Instead RAGE Chronicles 2007 can be downloaded for free from reapergames.com. RAGE Chronicles contains everything you need to play (besides the rule book), including sublists, spells, equipment and such.

All the old faction books are now obsolete and there are no current plans for producing any more faction books. Instead RAGE Chronicles 2007 can be downloaded for free from reapergames.com. RAGE Chronicles contains everything you need to play (besides the rule book), including sublists, spells, equipment and such.

Is my core book obsolete also?

Was a Darkspawn book even made?

What about Reven?

no your rulebook + the RAGE Chronicles 2007 is all you need. All errata, equipment, spells, army list information is in RAGE Chronicles 2007.

In short all the datacards, equipment, spells, SA's and army lists have been redone. IIRC there are only two rules changes:

1) Support bonus is now capped at +3

2) Casting non-attack spells on friendly models nolonger gives you +2 CP bonus.

Did I miss anything?

A Reven book was created and no darkspawn book was made. IIRC reaper is selling out their remaining stock of faction books in bundle deals. I bought it for the fluff content (they are 100% obsolete from a rules perspective).

To bad about the Darkspawn book. I'll have to look into Rage Chronicles.

Thanks.

Don't worry, you will like the new look Darkspawn :poke:

OK, no more faction books. No problem. Rage Chronicles 2007 and main book, check. (BTW, played a few games with the new rules,....very nice).

So, now where do we go for the fluff? I bought all the faction books for the other armies for the fluff for RPG purposes. So now how do we get the fluff?

Jareth

(just returning to Warlord after more than a year, so forgive me if this is now common knowledge)

I am hoping (like I bet most people are) that the Kruger Journals will include fluff. Unfortunately, there is no real timetable on when the first edition of KJ will be made available.

I SINCERELY hope that the authors who wrote the existing books will not see their work become non-canon. All five books are excellent as far as character stories and settings that inspire roleplaying.