joshuaslater

Bloodstone Scragger

I'm'a pick up three, see how they paint up, then wait for the army pack. 'Love these evil lil' buggers. I guess I'll just have to see the model in person to figure out how to paint the weapon.

My first thought was stone, and then looking at the spear head for the other critter made me more certain. It looks like it would be some sort of chipped flint/obsidian/etc for the actual weapon head with some metal ornamentation. Some sort of rock would make sense for a horde of gibbering underground dwellers. I think your idea of it being similar to a shark tooth club is probably on target.

Prolly on the mark guys. I'm asking because I plan on making a Bloodstone Gnome army, and I want ideas on painting them even before they arrive. I'm going to order three of the scraggers to get an idea of how they paint up, and how I want the army to look. After that, I'll just wait for the army packs, and more than likely spend too much and have a ridiculously large force. Oh well, I'll just have to play bigger games.

I'm extremely happy that Reaper has gone out and made some "non-garden-variety-Gnomes." I'm wondering what their faction list will include besides what we've seen so far.

It looks kinda a type of weapon the Aztecs used, which consisted of a wooden "paddle" with sharp blades of obsidian embedded on the edge.

-StV.

I just got two scraggers in yesterday and this descibes the weapon well. Though it looks to me like the entire weapon should be stone reather than have a wooden paddle.

I almost want to order one and conver the sword to a cricket bat so I can have a Bloostone Zombie Slayer Scragger. ::D:

I just got two scraggers in yesterday and this descibes the weapon well. Though it looks to me like the entire weapon should be stone reather than have a wooden paddle.

I almost want to order one and conver the sword to a cricket bat so I can have a Bloostone Zombie Slayer Scragger. ::D:

Deployment Zone must be in a pub. :lol:

Deployment Zone must be in a pub. :lol:

Haha! The Winchester!

I bet the stone parts of the weapon are meant to be the bloodstone from which this particular clan/nation of gnomes derives their name.

I bet the stone parts of the weapon are meant to be the bloodstone from which this particular clan/nation of gnomes derives their name.

You and your blasted logic! :poke:

I bet making a marble effect with the Carnage Reds and some dark/near black greys would look pretty sweet.

You and your blasted logic! :poke:

I bet making a marble effect with the Carnage Reds and some dark/near black greys would look pretty sweet.

Except bloodstone is green and red, not grey and red. :poke:

Of course according to the little bit of fluff in Casket Works their home could be calle "the Bloodstone Caves" because the lifeblood is sucked out of all but the BSGs, thus the stone could look like any type...

Of course according to the little bit of fluff in Casket Works their home could be calle "the Bloodstone Caves" because the lifeblood is sucked out of all but the BSGs, thus the stone could look like any type...

Because a world with Elves and Magic and Dragons and Gnomes (other than Travelocity) has to conform with what our geologists call bloodstone? :poke:::P:

Edited by Qwyksilver

Because a world with Elves and Magic and Dragons and Gnomes (other than Travelocity) has to confirm with what our geologists call bloodstone? :poke:::P:

Exactly. :blues:::D:::P:

I'm pickin' up mine this weekend. (ordered at my FLGS). I usually convert the singles and wait on the unit pack later, but I'm going to shamelessly steal the idea of converting some of these guys into zombie hunters!! I just ordered the zombie hunter weapons sprue from Hasslefree, so it's all good. See ya at the Winchester!!

I'm pickin' up mine this weekend. (ordered at my FLGS). I usually convert the singles and wait on the unit pack later, but I'm going to shamelessly steal the idea of converting some of these guys into zombie hunters!! I just ordered the zombie hunter weapons sprue from Hasslefree, so it's all good. See ya at the Winchester!!

It's OK I'll forgive your idea theft so long as you post picks of your converted zombie hunter goodness. :poke: