Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Settlers of Catan Tournaments

Hey All,

As some of you may have heard, we are running monthly Settlers of Catan tournaments up here at the Asylum. If you haven't heard about it, every 3rd Saturday each month we are holding a Settlers of Catan tournament that is open to anyone who wants to play. The winner of each tournament will then be eligible to play in the Tournament of Champions in December. There will be 4 monthly winners and 4 players chosen at random from those who attended the monthly tournaments invited to play. You can win as many of the monthly tournaments as you want but you can only get one spot in the Tournament of Champions. If someone wins more than one tournament the second place player will then be awarded the seat. Each tournament consists of 3 games and the player with the most accumulated points wins. Prizes will be awarded for first, second, and third place.

Now, some of you may be wondering what you get if you win the Tournament of Champions. We have managed to get our hands on one of the Settlers of Catan 3D Collector's Edition Box Sets which we will be giving away as the Grand Prize. This is an incredible set that has 3D pieces for Settlers of Catan as well as Cities & Knights of Catan. We will also have drawings for other great items at the Tournament of Champions so even if you are not playing I encourage you to come.

There are two more tournaments remaining so I encourage you to come on out and play. The winners of the previous tournaments and the dates of upcoming tournaments are posted below.

August: Ishan Khan

September: Micheal Kielty

October: October 20th

November: November 17th

Tournament of Champions: December 15th (tentative)

If you have any questions you can post them here or PM me and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mark

Saw the word "Catan" on Reaper boards and cried out a joyful, "Gasp!"

Yes, I actually yelled the word, "Gasp," rather than simply gasping joyfully. The better to freak out my co-workers...

But I don't suppose there's much chance the Asylum will be picking itself up and moving to Ottawa (waaaay up here in Ontario, Canada) anytime before October 20, eh?

Oh well.

Loves me some Catannibalism, but not enough to travel out of town (much less out of country) to play.

Small world! Next thing, you'll be telling me you guys play Talisman too...

Maybe I can get my D&D group together for a quick round of Catan that day anyhow. We can use my version of Slipshadow (2653) for the robber - compete vicariously, if you will.

Good luck with the tournament; sorry I won't be able to make it out to kick all your sorry butts off the island. ::):

Kang