Crusaders...

Mojoman

Ok... so I read the proxy rules and I understand them. My question is this:

Is it a cardinal sin to paint my crusaders a different color pattern than the typical blue tabbard with white trim and silver mail with gold accents? I would hate to have things thrown at me (off the battlefield) because I strayed from tradition...

Here's what I'm thinking. I want to go with a traditional templar color scheme. Y'know the white tabbard and a big red cross on the chest, and a white shield with a big red cross and silver mail...? Color me crazy (buh dum, splash!), but I think it would be cool. :B):

Thanks for any input ya'll have.

- Mojoman

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Proxy rules deal with the physical model only. And only at Reaper Con, Gen Con, and if the BL running the local tournament requires it, and these are extremely flexible.

There are no longer any requirements for painted models (past requirement models needed 3 colors on them).

Required colors and paint schemes are for some other company.

Paint your Crusaders in hot pink with sparkles if you want. It's legal for play.

How much crap your friends give you at the table is something that is out of the control of Reaper should you choose to use such a paint scheme however. :lol:

My favorite examples of crazy painting schemes:

Otter's Technicolor Wraith Harvesters

Otter's Golfing Wraith Harvesters

Edited by Qwyksilver

Note: unofficial answer (I'm a freelancer)

I thought about doing the same thing & ended up going with a color scheme inspired by, but different from historical templars. Reds, Whites, Golds and natural colors for equipment...

Anytime I've spoken with any of the folks that do the game design the word is that there will not be dictated colors... Sure from an artistic perspective Reaper's got color schemes for all piccies that go on data-cards... but that's it

I uploaded piccies to Reapergames & have 'em on my site... if you don't think of it as too invasive on this thread, I'll pop a few direct links to the crusader piccies I have online

So, the summary is -> rock & roll and SHARE PICTURES of your stuff!!!!

Rgds,

if you don't think of it as too invasive on this thread, I'll pop a few direct links to the crusader piccies I have online

Ixminis - I would love to see your pics of your crusaders.

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to know that I will be accepted with welcoming arms with my crusaders.

- Mojoman

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to know that I will be accepted with welcoming arms with my crusaders.

The Necropolis might not like you so much, but that has nothing to do with your painting scheme. :poke:

But they too will welcome you, because for every Crusader killed, another Skeleton earns its wings :lol:

So I think this is the scheme I'm gonna go with...

knights_templar_battle_weary.jpg

I'm thinking that white will be my primary color... err, actually, "Linen" to be more exact. Red will be an accent color. Then I'll use leathery browns and gunmetal or dulled silver for the mail.

What do ya'll think?

- Mojoman

Yup, I think that's one of the piccies I looked at when thinking about the color scheme. I ended up thinking that the sculpts didn't allow for it to work out this way (not many had tabards) and at the time I thought of doing this, I didn't have my photography down too tight, so I'd get lousy pictures.

Sooo, I did this color scheme:

My warlord figures (minus the last 10 or so I've painted)