Support and Reach Bonus?

trideau

If I have 4 figures attacking an enemy figure and each of the attacking figures are supported by a figure with reach would the total be +3 or +6?

Both the Melee and Reach rules state that they cap at +3 but the rules also state that they stack with each other.

Thanks,

Terrence

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I have 4 figures attacking an enemy figure and each of the attacking figures are supported by a figure with reach would the total be +3 or +6?

Both the Melee and Reach rules state that they cap at +3 but the rules also state that they stack with each other.

Thanks,

Terrence

The support and reach can be added together to cap at 6.

Reach and Support from Friendly Models are Situational Close Combat Modifiers and have always stacked. It is clearly indicated in Chronicles.

From Chronicles:

Page 3 Melee Combat Errata

The Support Bonus for having friendly models in B2B contact with your target for Melee Attacks (pages 61-62) is now capped at +3. The Support Bonus does stack with the Reach Support Bonus.

Page 9 SA: Reach

Any Models conducting Melee Attacks (not just the Model in between) against the enemy Model will gain a +1 Reach bonus to their MAV. Multiple Reach bonuses against a single Model do stack, up to a maximum of +3. Reach bonuses also stack with the normal Support bonus.

My emphasis added.

In your examples, the Models would have +6 modifiers. +3 capped support for Friendly, stacking with +3 capped support for Reach.

Edited by Qwyksilver

Thanks for the responses.

Reach and Support from Friendly Models are Situational Close Combat Modifiers and have always stacked. It is clearly indicated in Chronicles.

From Chronicles:

Page 3 Melee Combat Errata

The Support Bonus for having friendly models in B2B contact with your target for Melee Attacks (pages 61-62) is now capped at +3. The Support Bonus does stack with the Reach Support Bonus.

Page 9 SA: Reach

Any Models conducting Melee Attacks (not just the Model in between) against the enemy Model will gain a +1 Reach bonus to their MAV. Multiple Reach bonuses against a single Model do stack, up to a maximum of +3. Reach bonuses also stack with the normal Support bonus.

My emphasis added.

In your examples, the Models would have +6 modifiers. +3 capped support for Friendly, stacking with +3 capped support for Reach.

Everything they said... and...

Going ahad and answering a couple more questions you did not ask since I know that they will come up (for Jamie or Chris):

1. If those 8 models were attacking 2 models instead of 1, then the support bonus would be included on all models in B2B with the specific attacks, but the reach bonuses would have to be declared individually (reach bonuses can only be given against one model at a time per activation)

2. Support bonuses are only valid on the offense, not defensive swings

3. Reach bonuses are valid for any attacking model with trencher and a valid reach situation(does not follow the offensive limit of of only giving reach bous to one model at a time per activation)