Mixing factions?

scotty kahn

Sorry, but this is a total noob question. I'm just wondering what the rules on mixing the different factions are. I get the whole nuetral with good or evil and what not, but how exactly does it work. Could I have a force mainly comprised of reptus and then throw in some dwarf solitaire models or the other way around?

I have a rulebook but I cant find if it ever states how its done.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically what your are interested in is called a "Freelance" company . A freelance company can comprise of any figures from any faction as long as one does not mix good with evil . A freelance company does not gain any benefits from faction abilities and SA's . So , yes you can mix Dwarves with Reptus , but it is a "Freelance" company , neither Dwarf nor Reptus , with no faction abilities . :poke:

Freelance armies gain the benefit of ultimate flexibility in builds - you can use any model from any army so long as good and evil are not in the same army, with the penalty of losing Faction Special Abilities.

So long as normal build guidelines are maintained it's all good.

The page you want to look at is pp 52 in the Warlord Core Rulebook: Freelance Companies. Left column, about halfway down the page. I'm not going to type up the whole text because I haven't finished my morning coffee and it's a little long :poke:

I'd also recommend downloading the Rage Chronicles 2007 from Reaper Games for the latest updates.