Fear of the Undead and the Nefsokar undead

Kyderdog

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's based more on fluff, and that Nefsokar really don't need any additional Faction Special Abilities after Sokar is Near :poke:

Nefsokar Undead are honored dead that have risen/been called forth to defend their lands or wreck vengance on interlopers.

Necropolis Undead are the typical monstrous creatures of negative energy that are looking to take your soul and use your body to further bolster the ranks of minions, or for good eats.

I don't think it's fear of unDEAD... It's fear of unDEATH. Fear of not being able to die and being force through the unholiest of hells magic to walk the earth and serve these evil, vile lords with no rest or mercy. A fate truly worse than death.

Razig and Necropolis both recruit from the victims of their battles. So their enemies have reason to fear that they will become undead.

Nefsokar only raises their dead from the worshipers of Nefsokar, so there is no reason to fear undeath while fighting them.

I don't think it's fear of unDEAD... It's fear of unDEATH. Fear of not being able to die and being force through the unholiest of hells magic to walk the earth and serve these evil, vile lords with no rest or mercy. A fate truly worse than death.

Nefsokar only raises their dead from the worshipers of Nefsokar, so there is no reason to fear undeath while fighting them.

Not having my faction books at hand, it also down to Fluff reasons again.

If memory serves me right, there are 5 types of undead in the Warlord/Reaper Universe:

Greater Undead - Wraith, Reapers etc

lesser Undead - Skeletons, Zombies - mindless undead

Self Created - Liches

Soul Feeders (????) Vampires and such, those that are not fully undead, still have lusts etc, need the living to survive.

and the other type which I can't remember the name of but the Nefsokar undead are part of it.

What I remember is that the Nefsokar are similiar to the self created undead in that their devotion to their God and their cermonies bind them to their bodies so they don't pass over. Thus from the fluff unless your are of the Nefsokar faith, they wouldn't have any control over your return to undeath.

Maybe an interesting twist, if you like, should raise dead work as easily on Nefsokar (over and above the Sokar is near), as they could become undead anyway i.e. an additional restriction?

Maybe there should be a high level Nefsokar Cleric spell which would allow a fallen warrior to be raised as an Nefsokar undead, probably called something like "Fallen within the Eyes of Sokar"??