Woman Seeking Rich Husband

fieldarchy

"It doesn't make good business sense to "buy you" (which is what you're asking) so I'd rather lease," he said.

Reminds me of the old joke that ends "We've already established what kind of lady you are. Now we're just haggling over price."

Steve had a good laugh over the banker's response, but had he been in the banker's shoes, he would've asked the woman if she would object to him diversifying his portfolio with a few other investments besides her.

As for "used cars", if you want a good laugh, go to a uppity society affair and look at how many "factory reconditioned" girls you see with younger men.

As for me, I don't care for late-model sportscars. I go for the vintage classic... with rumble seat. :lol:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after the explanation from the banker (which probably humiliated her) she took down the ad. She probably cried herself tired once everyone started poking fun at her. I mean, seriously, did she REALLY expect to find someone?! If so . . . that poor soul, she clearly needs a wake up call <some sarcasm in there>

The thing is, it's not like she's unusual. I would guess that alot of women, if not all, take income into account to a degree. I don't exactly see alot of dating sites devoted to hooking up the homeless. Yet, there are sites devoted to this king of potential relationships. Hot chicks think they can land rich men because they are hot. And guess what? They are right. The thing that sets this woman apart is a man that thinks with his head rather then other areas happened upon her ad. Who knows how many other guys emailed her interested. I'd wager alot more then one.

LOL! Oh I'm not really worried about it. There are things about relationships I miss currently but I know I'm much better off by myself at the moment. I have too much going on and not enough time to devote to someone else at the moment. Once some things clear off my plate I'll get back in the dating scene . . . so . . . we're looking at . . . next summer. Hope I can survive until then ::):

Oh and yeah, never been married, not sure I want kids. So I shouldn't depreciate at an accelerated rate! :lol:

Heh, you sound like me! I miss some things, but am happily single at the moment. Never liked the 'dating scene' though, it always seemed...artificial? It was always better (IMHO) to meet someone in the normal course of things. Serendipity, I suppose.

And I'm 38 now, passed the point of wanting kids, but more power to those who do.

You both sound like me at 31! I'm of the opinion if it's meant to happen it will happen, otherwise for now I tend to avoid dating like the plague.

Kev... Hate to break it to you. She's lying. There ain't no amount of subjective that makes you or me look good!

Hehe..yep. That's why I've always said that "truth" in a relationship is not always the best route... ::D:

Personally, I prefer some of my delusions to remain intact...

Well after the explanation from the banker (which probably humiliated her) she took down the ad. She probably cried herself tired once everyone started poking fun at her. I mean, seriously, did she REALLY expect to find someone?! If so . . . that poor soul, she clearly needs a wake up call <some sarcasm in there>

The thing is, it's not like she's unusual. I would guess that alot of women, if not all, take income into account to a degree.

I will honestly say that I take this into account. I don't care how much money you make really, as long as it's more than me (because I ain't being the bread winner in the relationship anymore). I've dated too many guys who didn't have good jobs and didn't make much money which meant if we wanted to do anything I footed the bill. Yeah, no! I don't mind splitting costs of dating because that's modern and all, however, I am a Southern girl and my daddy raised me right. The man is supposed to buy dinner and open the door for me, since I am such a delicate flower (says in refined southern accent). ::D:

And not to mention when a man treats me to dinner and is chivalrous and all it makes me feel special, kinda girly. Us gamer chicks don't get to feel girly alot of the time; we're usually classified as "one of the guys" so it's a nice change of pace.

[us gamer chicks don't get to feel girly alot of the time; we're usually classified as "one of the guys"

But you are , aren't you . Look I work in a Hospital where 90% are females and we often go out to functions , Xmas parties and ward night outs . They just consider me as "one of the girls" . :lol::lol:

:rolleyes:

I don't take how much a person earns into account. I earn more than my husband (about $13K a year more, now), but he has the better credit at the moment. Sometimes, that's how things work. As long as we can pay bills and such, I don't have a problem with it.

In fact, when Star_Drifter moved down to Texas to be with me, he didn't have a job. I footed the bill for his move and until he found a job. He did rather quickly and has kept going from there. We still manage to have fun. It's not a "My Money, Your Money" kind of thing, either. It's mutual respect for each other and working together to make things happen.

I love SD for himself, not his money. I learned a long time ago that money cannot solve relationship problems or make you happy. You're only as happy as you allow yourself to be.

Situations change, and when you base your requirements on dating someone based on something as superfluous as income, you could be missing out on the perfect mate. Just because someone is "only" earning $250,000 a year now doesn't mean that five years down the road he won't be earning much more. In the same context, just because someone is currently earning $1.2 million a year doesn't mean that in the next six months he won't go completely bankrupt. Life changes, crap happens, and opportunity knocks. Accept people for who they are rather than their bank book. <_<

That's just my two cents.

On the original post: Ayup, that there is a woman looking to find herself a meal ticket. Best of luck to her and her new wallet because obviously that's what she's going to love about the wallet's owner

As for the rest of the silliness about dating, well... I don't. Simple as that. I tried the market for a bit and decided that since my brother has kids, my best friends are having a kid, I have two goddaughters already (best friends' child likely to be the third), and I have zero desire* to have a kid that I'm better off with life goal #1... Little ol' lady with a houseful of cats. I will happily go forth and not reproduce, thus negating the mother's curse ("I hope you have a son/daughter just like you one day!") and generally leaving me more time to grow up. That in itself will take longer than my erm... expiration date allows.

*: My lack of desire for kids is because I don't feel that I would be a good parent, I'm simply not responsible enough and no intention of changing my life around to meet the requirements. If for some reason I do become responsible enough for parenthood, adoption or foster parenting sound like a good enough plans. I hear there's a great selection of young'uns that are already potty-trained to choose from, you can even pick 'em by how long you want to wait until helping with algebra homework. :poke:

My problem is that I don't make much to begin with and I have my own bills. And I've been taken advantage of before. I want someone who can foot his own bills, treat me to something once in a while (that's what the definition of dating used to be) and isn't constantly asking to borrow money or being a jerk because I make more than he does.

See, I've had bad experiences as the breadwinner in the relationship, I want someone who is financially secure and able to handle finances and be responsible with his money. So, yes, I would like him to make more than what I make, that could be a dollar more but I want him to at least be earning $35k a year.

So, it's not that I'm being superficial because I want him to buy me nice things all the time, it's actually for practical reasons. I don't want someone buying me stuff constantly. That's not the way to get my attention. But, I also don't want to be taken to McDonald's for a date. You know? There's a medium I'm looking for that I apparently can't seem to find. I either find the guys who have a ton of money but not much in the way of social graces or the ones who are really nice but end up being bums and have their cars repoed.

I need that medium in there somewhere.

*: My lack of desire for kids is because I don't feel that I would be a good parent, I'm simply not responsible enough and no intention of changing my life around to meet the requirements. If for some reason I do become responsible enough for parenthood, adoption or foster parenting sound like a good enough plans. I hear there's a great selection of young'uns that are already potty-trained to choose from, you can even pick 'em by how long you want to wait until helping with algebra homework. :poke:

I couldn't agree more that this is how I feel. Not to mention once I start pursuing my career . . . how the heck am I going to take kids to an archaeology dig site for the summer to live with me when we are camped out in a tent in the middle of field? It's not practical for the life I want to live. So instead I'm going to have fun, be selfish (in a good way though) and just do what I want to do with my life! I need to make sure I'm happy first before making any more major life changing decisions!

I couldn't agree more that this is how I feel. Not to mention once I start pursuing my career . . . how the heck am I going to take kids to an archaeology dig site for the summer to live with me when we are camped out in a tent in the middle of field? It's not practical for the life I want to live. So instead I'm going to have fun, be selfish (in a good way though) and just do what I want to do with my life! I need to make sure I'm happy first before making any more major life changing decisions!

Ask your colleagues, if they've got kids then they'll know how to lug 'em to digs and keep them amused while they're there. My dad always told me that if something is important to you, then you'll find the time with which to do it.

Interesting comments on income. I'm starting to get the perception that more women (not necessarily the ones here) care about their man making more than they do, than the men care about making more than their wives. I know my ex was the one who had the problem with that when her income jumped above mine, not me.

I think that some women focus too much on income - just because someone is making $100k a year doesn't mean they always will. What if that stock broker is so successful because he's insider trading? His high income doesn't do her much good once the assets have been seized and he's hauled off to jail, right? Or maybe he's making that much money because he's working for daddy's company, and daddy's getting sick of him not pulling his weight or sells the company? (seen that happen - hilarious). In those cases, you're probably better of going with the broke electrical engineering student who's going to make something of himself.

I think income is something you should take into consideration when you are looking for a mate. I mean, yes you need to be genuinely interested in the person but they need to have a secure steady job, hence the decent amount of income preference. It's not a requirement, I will not turn guys away because they don't make 'x' amount of money but if you are only making $12k a year and can barely keep a roof over your head . . . yeah I'm not all that interested. That doesn't indicate to me that you have a steady future.

Students . . . well that's different. I don't really want to date an undergrad (as I can't stand guys my age) but if he's a Master's or PhD level student, usually they have a TAship where they are paid decently . . . so that's not much of an issue. As long as he can keep a roof over his head, do his work, and graduate in a reasonable amount of time then great. (I say the graduating part because I once dated a guy who had reached his maximum number of years to work on his PhD and was kicked out . . . this is the same guy who was broke constantly and always asked to borrow money).

I can honestly admit that some of the things I take into consideration are shallow. But to a certain degree everyone is shallow . . . I guess I'm more upfront about some of it though when it comes to looking for someone who earns a decent wage.