American Gladiators

King Tiger

A Co-Worker told me American Gladiators is coming back to Television with Hulk Hogan hosting. Hazaa! As one of the 12 people who watched the original I'm excited! My favorite event was the obstacle course when the contestant had to dodge tennis balls being fired by a mounted cannon manned by a gladiator. The contestant had to move from station to station and try to "knock out" the gladiator's position with a variety of weapons like an air powered bazooka :P Fun Times!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Contestants ready!!! Gladiators ready!!!"

:lol:

I watched that show faithfully every week when it first aired. I don't think my parents cared for it much, but because it was relatively harmless and I was really hooked on it, they indulged me. ::): I think they felt it was more intelligent than shows like The A-Team!! :lol::lol:

Wild Bill :blues:

The originals have been on ESPN Classic recently if that's any indicator. I loved the show, would definitely watch it if they make it...well, as long as it's on before 7pm...that's when Hockey starts and Hockey pretty much trumps anything else on TV...well, maybe not sci-fi :devil:

-Z

Yet another reason why I only watch the news then turn the TV off.

Ahhhh C'mon Enchantra most times I have to be so conservative I make Ronald Reagan look like a "New Dealer", but every once in awhile its fun to pull down your pants and slide on the ice! With apologies to M*A*S*H fans...

I know a lady who was on the original American Gladiators. She auditioned on a dare and unfortunately got on. During her interview she said something like "I know you want me to say I ain't afraid of no gladiator, but I don't even really wanna be here..."

The only part they aired was "...I aint afraid of no gladiator..."

Yet another reason why I only watch the news then turn the TV off.

Ahhhh C'mon Enchantra most times I have to be so conservative I make Ronald Reagan look like a "New Dealer", but every once in awhile its fun to pull down your pants and slide on the ice! With apologies to M*A*S*H fans...

Trust me, I am by far not conservative on so many levels. Some of those levels people do not want to see. I just prefer to not rot my brain out, and instead get my entertainment the old fashioned way - reading it, writing it, making it with my own two hands. Besides even sitting fifteen feet from the TV, watching it still makes my eyes burn, and that's one side effect I can do without.

Where's there originality ?

Originality was remade and broadcast as a 3 part mini series on SciFi on Sunday, October 16, 2005 - Tuesday, October 16, 2005. Although it was based on the first Originality, which aired in 1976, the casting and director changed the feel of the show to represent the grittier tastes of the modern audience.