New Alleged Juvenile Sasquatch Photos

TaleSpinner

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually their are 7 different Bushnell Trail Cameras, I was shopping for one recently. They have five different mega pixel designs, they also have five different infrared flashes from 15-30 feet and the PIR ranges from 45-90.

The PIR sensor is irrelevant - that is the electronic eye that triggers the camera. Bushnell only has (now...looks like they added a couple this year) 3 IR flash cameras. On all of those - the normal Flash range is 30 feet - the IR flash range is 15 feet. If you take a look at the gallery shots on their website, you will see the result of stuff outside of the range of the IR flash as well as the quality of what is in the flash range. Remember - the Bushnell cameras are not military grade night vision. It really does kind of suck, and doesn't give the quality (as bad as it is) of picture that you see in the big foot picture.

I don't think that is a waistband. I have never seen a Bigfoot, ape or gorilla costume that was two pieces, they are waist-less jumpsuits.

The quality of the image doesn't rule out normal pants...what anatomical structure would indicate the bulge which proceeds around the waist like that? Pelvic bones...nope, tail...nope, waistband...yep. The most obvious is the most likely.

The salt-lick holder is not to keep it from being toppled, it is to keep it off the ground. The holder itself is just a heavy plastic dog dish type thing, it probably weighs five or six pounds. It is highly probable that the cubs knocked the salt over. A grown black bear can push over a rooted tree. When I lived in Gatlinburg one attacked a pickup truck and beat the hood until the axle broke and the climbed on top and beat the top of the truck until it shattered the windows and flattened the cab. They had to get the jaws of life to cut the woman out of the truck... she had been feeding him KFC. So, I'm sure those little guys could knock over a salt block.

Impossible. A black bear just does not have the mass required to do what you say. Bear are strong - and I wouldn't want to take a swap from one...but they are not that stong. Adult male black bear have a striking force at the paw of 200 PSI (not at the tips of the claws, but the paw - according to Discovery's Animal Face Off, a show which is known for over estimating the strength of animals to make them sound more impressive).

The dish itself is used to keep the block off the ground - but when you plop a 12" x 12" x 12" block of salt down in the middle of a 2' diameter dish (which is in fact designed not to be flipped over) it becomes very difficult to move (as a matter of physics...not strength). It is even more difficult for creatures which do not have the ability to grasp objects.

The photo was taken on a deer path by a hunter who was getting photos for hunting season. So, its reasonable to assume the are pretty deep in the woods, especially since PA has a very popular rifle season... rifle hunters need to be deep in the woods so their bullets are stopped by trees as a bullet from a deer rifle will travel over a mile. I'm sure the woods in PA are pretty dark an hour after sunset, twilight isn't much of a factor beneath a canopy of woods.

I'm well aware of hunting locals, and I am sure it is a deer trail...but I do not assume (by any means considering the subject) that it is deep in the woods. Without having a full view of the surrounding area though, there is a lot of questions which are left unanswered (I can get a similar shot in my back yard which has 2 trees in it).

At my first glance it looked like a sloth.

Other than a guy in a suit...the creature that it most resembles...

I think it's a bear, they are very limber. The pictures were just by chance caught at the precise moment to make them extremely awkward looking.

Impossible. A black bear just does not have the mass required to do what you say. Bear are strong - and I wouldn't want to take a swap from one...but they are not that stong. Adult male black bear have a striking force at the paw of 200 PSI (not at the tips of the claws, but the paw - according to Discovery's Animal Face Off, a show which is known for over estimating the strength of animals to make them sound more impressive).

They may still have the truck on display. It was kept at a local car museum and it was a wreck. Black bears have been known to kill humans, adult deer and even cattle with a single slap. They routinely push over adult trees when they are stripping them. They are much more powerful than you think.

The dish itself is used to keep the block off the ground - but when you plop a 12" x 12" x 12" block of salt down in the middle of a 2' diameter dish (which is in fact designed not to be flipped over) it becomes very difficult to move (as a matter of physics...not strength). It is even more difficult for creatures which do not have the ability to grasp objects.

The holders are designed for live stock not bears.

Bears can grasp objects, there used to be one that did all the old talk shows that could open bottles of coke and drink them. There was a bear killed last year that would open car doors, garages and refridgerators and freezers. He was killed when he got in a truck and the door closed behind him. He had been tagged twice before a nuicence and was shot. Haven't you ever seen bears at the circus? They alway pick props up.

I doubt it's a guy in a suit, look at the length of the arms compared to the legs in the second photo.

Well it is in Western PA...

Excuse me!?!?! <_<

Ahem anyway I live south of where this photo was allegedly taken, The only thing I will verify is, that area of PA is very heavily wooded, and sparsely populated, but I am as sceptical as any. Capture one then I'll believe it, otherwise I call hoax!

I doubt it's a guy in a suit, look at the length of the arms compared to the legs in the second photo.

Yep, take a look at the second image. I see two limbs which are actually in a position that you can judge length. An outstretched leg and an outstretched arm.

The leg measures 4 units (roughly...and considering there isn't anything which can really offer size comparisons, I'll just say unit). The arm is about 3 units. There is a slight bend at the elbow region...but it is very slight. I have a 33 inch inseam and arms which measure 24 inches from wrist to arm pit (measured with the arm hanging down). Normally the bigfoot nuts like to make the statement that the arms are too long to be human, well here we have an intermembral index of 75 (ratio of arm to leg). On me if you break it down, I am 72 (arms to legs). My arm/leg proportion is about the same as in this photo - that doesn't make me a bigfoot. I used to work with a guy whos arms were actually as long as his legs. Adding a single inch to my legs would put me at the same intermembral index as the picture.

By comparison gorillas have an intermembral index of 117 and chimps are at 104 (102-109 depending on source). Considerably longer arms by comparison.

As fa as the bigfoot legend idea goes, who's to say ther cant be a type of creature like that? It is not like scientists have identified every animal on the Earth. I think it is feasible and this photo is pretty intriguing.

As far as Salt lick blocks in tubs, VERY easy to knock over and tip. I worked at a stable. Heck you step on the edge of the dish and it flips over , salt lick and all.

IT will be interesting to see what the researchers conclude.

I think it's a bear, they are very limber. The pictures were just by chance caught at the precise moment to make them extremely awkward looking.

They may still have the truck on display. It was kept at a local car museum and it was a wreck. Black bears have been known to kill humans, adult deer and even cattle with a single slap. They routinely push over adult trees when they are stripping them. They are much more powerful than you think.

I used to hunt black bear. I am familiar with what they do to trees...however I have never seen one push over a tree that wasn't in soft soil (and I have done that before). I am very familiar with what they kill and what they eat, but a black bear is not a grizzly. In most cases that humans are killed by black bear it is because they quite foolishly try to play dead (that works on grizzly...black bear actually want to eat you) or it was a young/old person.

200 psi is not that much force, and it definitely is not enough force to collapse the roof of a truck. To put it in perspective, the average human punches at 90 PSI. Your average boxer is in the range of 400-500 PSI. Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton punched at 900 pounds. The difference? Claws mainly. When I am beating away at one of my old trucks to get a dent out after a hard off road trip, it takes a pretty big hammer (3 lb. sledge on a 24" handle) and several really good wacks to get the dent knocked back out. And that is on sheet metal that doesn't have the A and B pillars that the cab of a truck has to protect people riding in it.

The holders are designed for live stock not bears.

Bears can grasp objects, there used to be one that did all the old talk shows that could open bottles of coke and drink them. There was a bear killed last year that would open car doors, garages and refridgerators and freezers. He was killed when he got in a truck and the door closed behind him. He had been tagged twice before a nuicence and was shot. Haven't you ever seen bears at the circus? They alway pick props up.

Bear have no way to grasp things. They have no thumb. Sure, they can be trained to hold balls and stuff in the circus (quite often designed with the animals in mind)...and my cat cat open the bath room door, but lifting up on the edge of those would be difficult at best. Remember, it isn't just swatting/holding that would need to be done. The bear would need to be able to get a paw under the edge of the dish and flip it. Is it impossible? No, in fact I think a bear did flip it over (or a human in order to get water out of the dish before he dressed up in a suit to pose for the camera)...however I do not think the cubs in the picture could have done it. Momma bear...not too much of a problem. Now in the wild world - if a top level predator is in the area (like an adult black bear) would another animal come around to hang out? Not generally. Specially not unless they were looking for a fight they could win. That is why I am curious what flipped the dish (they should have a picture of it - the motion sensor would certainly have been tripped).

________

I am in no way against the idea that a sasquatch could exist...however I don't think this shows one. I also don't think the video from the 60s shows one...and I sure as hell don't think that the crazy lady from Kentucky (I think) has a family of them living in her back 40 who come up to the house to ask for a some salt.

Most people who follow cyptozoology tend to be more related to religious fanatics than researchers. They will find the Virgin Marry in the bag of potato chips no matter how many they have to eat.

My first thought when I saw the pic was 'Chimpanzee'. My second thought was 'Ron Jeremy'. :lol:

Where the photographer would get a chimp, I can't say.

I've always thought there was something to all the Bigfoot stories, and that perhaps there is some kind of undiscovered hominid living in the Pacific Northwest. However, I'm inclined to treat this photo skeptically.

Hello, I am new to Reaper all because I kept coming to dead ends about this Juvenile Bigfoot Photo. I seen a story posted on MSN, but not picture to go with it. I seen it posted on Yahoo and guess what, no picture. I went to the BFRO sight and guess what, it is closed down. Then I went to a forum sight for Bigfoot and nothing there, all the links to whatever photos are closed down or just not working. Can anyone here find the exact pictures that is causing this buzz. I seen the one with the black bear bones transposed on whatever it is, but that is all. Thanks.

Since it is a work of fiction...you would be hard pressed to find a site that has it posted (the photographer has copyrighted it in order to make money...). The BFRO site is down due to bandwidth issues. Once the story got picked up by the big news agencies, they became flooded since they had purchased rights to the pictures (the only others who might pay for the picture would be The Weekly World News...).

Cached Page - No Images

You can find a bunch of photos superimposed and not so much altered here.