Uh...huh?!?

Baphomet69

So, today at work I was trying to access an online magazine site for information about Lacuna Coil. Stoopid work filter blocked me. With this:

"

The site you requested is blocked under the following categories: Provocative Attire

dotted-divider.gif"

Say what? Provocative Attire? Seriously?

Oi!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but nekkid minis are ok!

LOL!

I worked at a small company, where we had problems with one employee surfing sites he shouldn't. So we solved it not by installing a filter, but by periodically posting a list of the websites people visited in a given day. Basically, dump the web requests list from the router, resolve the IP addresses to domains, and publish a list by name. Amazing how people who surf embarrassing sites don't like everyone else to know, and so they stop.

but nekkid minis are ok!

LOL!

I worked at a small company, where we had problems with one employee surfing sites he shouldn't. So we solved it not by installing a filter, but by periodically posting a list of the websites people visited in a given day. Basically, dump the web requests list from the router, resolve the IP addresses to domains, and publish a list by name. Amazing how people who surf embarrassing sites don't like everyone else to know, and so they stop.

That would never work on me. I have no shame and my wife is not an Opra fan.

I was at a Sun Microsystems training facility once taking a class. They had net filtering software operating, and it blocked me from going to one site because the software claimed that it had adult content.

The site was the NOAA's National Hurricane Center. :blink:

Ron