What I want for Christmas

CuCulain42

If I had a clone mine would do the house work and run the mundane errands that I don't like running. She would also have a job so I could cash in on a double income ::): But I don't want a clone for xmas. Just $250,000 and I'm good.

Something tells me you and your clone would be arguing about which one of you ran the errands and did the housework. :wacko:

You best believe that my clone would know it's place!

L-dub and I have had conversations about clones before, I realized where he was going with that. Have a clone to free up time that way you can enjoy more relaxing days. You know, send the clone to your job while you enjoy a nice relaxing day of watching TV and painting! ::): That's what I would do anyhow! My clone can deal with my students and bring home the bacon. I'll paint and do feedbay. Still a dual income household.

Now the ideal would be a robot that looks, sounds and acts exactly like you but the beauty is they don't need to sleep or be fed (so you still only pay for one person, not two). If you have a clone you have to make sure money covers both. that's the only downside I can think of really.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You best believe that my clone would know it's place!

Then it wouldn't truly be a clone, would it? ::P: j/k, but I'm inspired by the Calvin and Hobbes cartoon where he clones himself, and none of his clones want to do the stuff he cloned them for in the first place.

Now the ideal would be a robot that looks, sounds and acts exactly like you but the beauty is they don't need to sleep or be fed (so you still only pay for one person, not two). If you have a clone you have to make sure money covers both. that's the only downside I can think of really.

Well, two people living together doesn't actually require double the income, particularly if you already own a big enough house. Pretty much the only extra things you have to pay for for the second person are extra food, the additional utilities they drain, their car and it's associated costs, and their stuff. And unless you like lots of leftovers, it's actually easier to cook for two than one, so the extra food isn't really that much either.

Since a clone is likely to have the same hobbies, can wear your same clothes, and even use your driver's license, I dare say a person and their clone can live for even cheaper than two ordinary people.

Oh I know you don't *need* a double income if you have a clone living with you but hey if you've got the extra body running around you might as well put them to work too. That way you can reap some benefits. But you would have extra expenses by having an additional body running around the house. So more money helps with that too.

Hanukah then HT? Kwanza? Chrismakwanzikah? Or just Chrismikah?

None of the above, I will buy presents for folks for Hannukah, Christmas, etc... but otherwise, the only religious thing I might do in winter is borrow a ladder so I can change the prayer flags in the back yard... I'm Buddhist, you see :poke: