Sign in to follow this  
Midnight Lurker

Summer Mini Exchange for Nameless

Well, I guess it's finally time for me to let you all see some of my work. I'm not very good at taking pics, and I'm too poor for Photoshop (not that I would know how to use it anyway!)

It's not my best work, I took on too many commitments at the same time and ended up feeling rushed. It was definitely a lesson learned, that's for sure!

Never done this photo bucket thing before.... hope this works..... :unsure:

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/M...summer07023.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/M...summer07015.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/M...summer07007.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/M...summer07018.jpg

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc178/M...summer07011.jpg

yeah... there you go.

Stellar!

Love the treatment on the scroll. Looks like papyrus or something of that ilk...

Nice colour scheme as well - the blue, brown, and ivory really play well together.

Great work.

Well for not being your best work, it is pretty darn nice. I think anyone would be very happy getting that mini. I love the scroll and pearly look of the beard, I love metalics and pearls. And the figure you picked is great.

Think you did a excellent job on the on the bone and metal, looks really good.

Your basing is very nice as well. Overal great job, think anyone would be happy to him!

I'm the lucky one to get this mini ::):

I'll just say I absolutely love it and let other comment on it.

Thanks ML - it is a real pleasure to put in on my shelf with minis!

:blink:

wow... I honestly did not expect to get such nice feedback. I've been lurking and watching for so long, and I never really felt like my stuff was good enough to post it. I'm overwhelmed! Thanks so much you guys. Maybe I shouldn't be so self-conscious about my work! :blush:

Jen

This is amazing Jen. People could learn a lot by seeing more of your work. I can't believe how good this looks, with the pictures so big. If I zoom into my work that much you can see all sorts of problems.

See you in a couple weeks!

Hey Midnight Lurker I really think you should start to post your paintjobs regulary so that we all can fix your low self esteem, lol. My god, that is really, really good!!!! Fantastic colour scheme and fantastic painting, good blendings, very clean painting, nice freehand and if that isn't enough a great base in addition. I love it!!

Your photos are incredible! How can they be both so huge and so clear? Seriously, what's your secret?

My son pretty much destroyed my camera last night, sadly... He's only 17 months old though, so of course I forgive the little guy. Heck, I even forgive my wife, out of whose careless hand he swatted it as she attempted to photograph him in his Hallowe'en pirate costume... I still have my older one* lying around, so maybe there's still hope for me.

Kang

*refers to another camera, not another wife... wasn't that big-o'me? :lol:

Your photos are incredible! How can they be both so huge and so clear? Seriously, what's your secret?

uh... nothing. I have a digital camera (checking which one) it says kodak easy share z740... 5.0 mega pixels... It has a setting called "self portrait" or something, (I do know that it's NOT macro.) supposedly to be used for closeups. I just used that setting at the maxium resolution and put it on a cheapo $10 tripod from Walmart. I took about 30 pics and some came out, most didn't. I chucked the fuzzy ones and the dark ones and cropped the clear ones. I didn't even do anything to the pics in photoshop or anything. Firstly 'cause I don't have that software, but secondly 'cause I can't even figure out how to use the Paintshop Pro that I do have! I wish I had some magic formula I could give you. I do know that the tripod made a big difference. Are you using one?

And thanks again to everyone for all the nice things you have been saying. I guess I'm just not used to compliments and it feels a little goofy. I'm trying to improve my skills and hope to someday reach competition level, maybe even earn a few pennies here and there for my work. you know... to escape from the 9pm to 6am blue collar blues, just like everyone else!

I will try to post more for you all to see. I'm just intimidated by the huge pool of talent that posts here. So many of you are just amazing.