Happy Halloween!!!

Qwyksilver

It's always been my favorite holiday. I get to wear a fun costume, walk around and say hi to the neighbors (and anyone living within a 2 mile radius of my house) and they give me candy for it! :bday: Wooooo :bday: I was always bummed my birthday wasn't 16 days later than it is.

This is the first year the Qwykling will actually go out a bit (just to a couple neighbors who know her) but I'm looking forward to sharing the fun of the day with her. We're going out as Curious George and The Man with the Yellow Hat. I finished the costumes up last week. I'll post some pics in the next couple days.

Happy Halloween!

May your bags be full of candy

Your houses free of eggs

You little ghouls and goblins full of smiles

and

Your children be nice to their teachers tomorrow when they are crashing from their 24 hour sugar binges :lol:

Boo!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh no hangovers today. That's for this weekend!

Did everyone get dressed up today at least? We are having a fall festival today at work. So, work until 12 and then let the festivities begin. We are costumed up today too. ::): Now, let's see if I can survive working in a corset all day long today. So far, not too bad . . . but I haven't tried eating anything yet

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! ::D::bday::bday::lol:

This is the first year the Qwykling will actually go out a bit (just to a couple neighbors who know her) but I'm looking forward to sharing the fun of the day with her. We're going out as Curious George and The Man with the Yellow Hat. I finished the costumes up last week. I'll post some pics in the next couple days.

I'll look forward to seeing the pics ::D:

The only problem I'm having is my skirt is getting caught in the chair wheels.

oh, what fun there will be if like on TV it rips off you while rolling the chair around or you rise to quickly... LOL ::P:::D::lol:

Meh no hangovers today. That's for this weekend!

Did everyone get dressed up today at least? We are having a fall festival today at work. So, work until 12 and then let the festivities begin. We are costumed up today too. ::): Now, let's see if I can survive working in a corset all day long today. So far, not too bad . . . but I haven't tried eating anything yet

Pictures! You must post pictures! :poke:

No worries L-dub has already been asking for pictures as well! I'll see what I can do! My costume this weekend should be different too so I'll have to post double pictures ::): Assuming I can find the last piece for the costume I want to wear this weekend . . . gotta hit a store today in hopes I can get it. Didn't think it'd be so hard to find.

I'm not doing a costume today. While Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday, we're living in an apartment, so we can't scare the bodily waste out of children who come trick or treating* (I should say I can't, I don't think Ris is really into terrifying children as much as I am), and work has a costume day, but they had this thing about it being appropriate for a professional atmosphere. If I can't go all out, it isn't worth it. Blood drenched living dead all the way.

Halloween is really the day that makes me want to get into a house ASAP. Even just a rental townhouse. As long as the yard can be all Halloweened up and children scared, I'm good.

*Before anybody thinks I'm a bad person for that, let me say that I remember the houses I'd go to where the people really got into it and actually tried to scare the crap out of the kids. At the time I was terrified, but I look back on those houses fondly, and still have pretty crystal clear memories of what it looked like, what happened, etc. I just want that same thing for others.

I don't think that's mean at all. I loved those houses th at really got into it. It was great! Some would even have a little kids area outside too with spooky treats and smoking punches! It was great! I loved those houses. Unfortunately I'm the only one in my family that really loves Halloween. Once I'm in my house next year I'm going all out! You better believe it!

Heh... I'm in my ninja get-up. I work as a desk-jockey, too. Unfortunately, I'm only allowd to put on my mask and hood when we're taking pictures. Oh well... at least the outfit is comfy.

A link to a pic of the outfit I'm wearing can be found here...

Sigh... love Halloween (I only wish it was longer than one day...).

We can dress up at work but it seems circumstance always contrives to rob me of the opportunity. this year I special ordered a Shaolin uniform, 70'' bead necklace, the whole shebang.. then I find out last night that our maintenance office in the back of the plant has no telephone service. So I will spend a good portion of today climbing in the rafters chasing cable...

Ah well, so far I am 0 for 8, maybe next year...