Crossbows and Catapults!!!!

Lord Wehrmacht

The greatest board game evah has been re-released if anyone else cares.

Back in the day I used to play this all the friggen time... if you have any kids that are very young and maybe interested in mini games / terrain etc.. this game might help that interest along as well as keep stuff exciting and destructive (which always keeps kids attention of course!).

http://www.mooseworld.com.au/content/battl...night/home.aspx

a good overview of the game!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/140053

Anyway. Just wanted to share with yall one of my all time favorite games.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother and I played it all the time. Until my mom caught us flinging the blue and red disks at each other with souped up catapults and crossbows.

moms don't grasp the finer details of "souped up catapults and crossbows" and the fun factor of the risk involved :blink:

oh, wait, they do... guess there only so many trips a year they perfer to make to the doctors lol ::P:::D:

My mother took that game away from us after about four months, lol. We built a mountain fortress on a dirt mound in the back yard, set up some little plastic soldiers, and assaulted it with live munitions in the form of home-made mini-bombs made from a whole box of snappers emptied into one piece of paper with black powder added... She wasn't amused.

Hey, neither the review or the games website give any indication of what the recommended ages are - can anyone fill me in?

6+ iirc.

My son is 6, so I'm usually pretty good about checking that stuff and I'm pretty sure he was the right age for the game.

Yeah, this was a lot of fun! Vikings vs Barbarians!

If I remember right, the crossbow tended to smash the walls much more effectively than the catapults did, especially if you could hit the upper tiers of the bricks -- the bottom bricks were reinforced by so many others and wouldn't move much, but the upper ones would go flying. ::P:

Derek

Wal-Mart has the starter box priced down to $25 right now. That's $5 less than I've seen it at Toys 'R Us.

I was looking at it just today at Wal-Mart. I never played this, I played another one very similair. I think it had Arms in the title. It was cooler, it has a whole castle front, some bunkers for the attackers, you used plastic marble type balls for attacking. Me and my buddy used to use up his whole living room for the game.