Summoned

Evilbob

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So it used to say that a summoned model poofed back to its plane of existance when it was killed. It no longer says this. So does that mean it now leaves a poor little summoned corpse?

You are correct. It now leaves a corpse. One of the things that made Summoned weak was the fact that it didn't leave a corpse you could heal/rez. I felt having it stay on the table afterwards would make people a little more likely to actually summon a model. ::):

You are correct. It now leaves a corpse. One of the things that made Summoned weak was the fact that it didn't leave a corpse you could heal/rez. I felt having it stay on the table afterwards would make people a little more likely to actually summon a model. ::):

But the resurrection spells explicitly don't work on Summoned models.

Come to think of it (in a similar vein), shouldn't there be some sort of Necropolis spell(s) "Curse of the Undeath" that makes a corpse into an undead version of its former self? The closest is Summon Spectral Minions.

Ron

I never didn't field a Model with Summoned because it didn't produce a corpse.

I could never resurrect them to begin with since the spells specifically prevent it, and you can't heal anything w/o Tough that has already taken damage past its last track. 9 of the 12 Models with Summoned have Tough, so I don't see how failing to leave a corpse prevents the healing aspect as well. Now granted, the 3 models w/o Tough are all Crusaders - Guardian Angel, Celestial Lion, Hound of Judgement.

Personally, the fact that Summoned critters didn;t leave a corpse I found to be a benefit because it prevented Looting, Feeding by vampires, etc.