Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Reaper payin homage to the wampa

Odd thought occured, but if you look at the Yeti & before you glue his arm on, kinda reminds of Mr Wampa after Luke dances with him.

Just a odd thought I guess :p  ???

Randy M

lol!

You're right, of course.

GM: "OK, Bob, your character wakes up, he's upside down in a cave."

Bob: "Can I use my lightsaber?"

GM: *roll* "Nope, it fell into the snowbank just out of reach from you."

Bob: "Can I get down?"

GM: "Nope, you're... stuck to the roof."

Bob: "Of an ice cave?"

GM: "Yes, deal with it."

Bob: "Alright, Luke will bust out his Force Yoink ability and cut himself loose!"

GM: "Alright, roll dem bones..."

Bob: *roll* "D'oh! I got a 2. But I get a plus three to that!"

GM: "Alright, that's a five total against target number fifteen. Suck it."

Bob: "Ok-ok. I'll keep it up until I get it. Duh."

GM: "Fair enough, but make me a listen check."

Bob: "What? I don't have listen! What are you thinking?"

GM: "You can make it untrained, you know..."

Bob: "No I can't, I didn't put points in it!"

Jim: "Yes you can, I just read it up in the book..."

GM: "Shut the piehole, Jim. Your Scoundrel decided to stay at the base, he's on his own right now."

Jim: "What do you mean? Bob's character-- Bob, what is your character's name?"

Bob: "For the fifth time, Luke! Luke Skywalker!"

Jim: "And it's still a dumb name, You should have named him Luke Parry, with an A in there..."

*laughter*

GM: "OK, back to the game, Bob, roll to see if ol' Lukey gets to hear anything..."

Bob: *roll* "Yes! seventeen!"

GM: "You hear something moving closer to you."

Bob: "Like what?"

GM: "Like something coming to eat you! What do you think?"

Bob: "Do I have enough time to get my lightsaber?"

GM: *feeling like not listening to Bob whine on the carride home* "Alright, give it another go."

Bob: "May the Force be with me!" *roll* "YEAH! Natural Twenty! Take that! Yoink!"

GM: "Good for you, Bob. Now what will Mister Parry do next? The Wampa is right on top of you. No, it doesn't look like a man in a Yeti suit..."

Bob: "I cut myself down, then cut him down!"

GM: "Alright, but I'll assume you want to free your legs from the ice, and free the Wampa's head from his shoulders... Roll for init."

Bob: "What? Init? Why? I have the sniker-snee in my hand, he's melba-toast!"

GM: *wishing he hadn't brought that melba-toast joke up in the first place* "Alright, you're a hero, I'll let you have the init. Take your shot."

Bob: "I whack him with the glowie-end!"

GM: "Roll."

Bob: *roll* "um, sixteen, with a plus three to hit him. Weapon specialization and masterwork lightsaber."

GM: "Alright that's a hit, roll damage. By the way, I still need that background story on your sword. And come up with a better background story for your Jedi than 'he farms water', man that's dumb."

Bob: "Hey! It's better than that cheezy 'Ghost of the Mentor' garbage you did earlier tonight."

GM: "Hey! It was a great idea, and you had no place being out here. You wanted to level, you have to find a mentor, I told you this last week!"

Bob: "Yeah, yeah. So what do I roll for this thing?"

GM: "And write these things down! It's two-dee-eight damage, times two critical."

Bob: *Roll* "Woohoo! Ten points of damage! Take that, you walking shag rug!"

etcetera, etcetera, etcetera....

--lstormhammer, and his amazing Muse.

do people actually RP like that?

I whack him with the glowie end?

Geez, I guess I've had really good players all this time.

More often than not, actually.

Here's a fun test for you!

Go to radio shack, best buy, what have you, and pick up one of those tiny tape recorders, you know the ones, the kind that Important People use because they're too good for a Post-It note.

Turn the thing on and leave it in the middle of your gaming table.

Play your RPG, just ignore the recorder, play as you usually do.

At the end of the night, replay the tape, and see how much of the conversation is actually about the game. You'll be amazed at how much chatter actually happens.

Proof once more that RPGs are social games.

(and mostly I wrote the above script because it looked funny)

--LSH

More often than not, actually.

Here's a fun test for you!

Go to radio shack, best buy, what have you, and pick up one of those tiny tape recorders, you know the ones, the kind that Important People use because they're too good for a Post-It note.

Turn the thing on and leave it in the middle of your gaming table.

Play your RPG, just ignore the recorder, play as you usually do.

At the end of the night, replay the tape, and see how much of the conversation is actually about the game. You'll be amazed at how much chatter actually happens.

Proof once more that RPGs are social games.

(and mostly I wrote the above script because it looked funny)

--LSH

I've done this, mainly because the GM would say we did things we didn't do, or say that we didn't say or do something when we did, or he would say things happened in a certain way when they happened differently...

It was leverage for him not to try to pull the wool over our eyes. :p

And no, they didn't realize I was doing this.

I could see using a stenographer in your game sessions.

GM: "Would you please read back the last thing said by Bob?"

Stenographer: "Bob: I totally hit the Kobold next to Jim."

GM: "That will be enough, thank you... Bob, I believe the Kobold right in front of you has an Attack of Opportunity on you, since you shot at the one infront of Jim, and not you..."

Bob: "You totally suck, man..."

--LSH

Stormy, that's a riot!   :laugh:

Scary thought is it reminds me of a gaming session I saw at one time that I was not a part of.  Not far from me was a table of mostly younger  people (teenagers who thought they knew everything). I was at a table nearby sorting through minis I wanted to buy.  Thier DM must have been an older brother of one of the teens at the table for he looked older then everyone there by at least a few years, and by the sounds of the chatter, light years more mature and smarter than the younger ones too.   The conversation you wrote Stormy honestly is not much different than what was transpiring at that table between the DM and one of the players.    :laugh:

"Hammer, that was priceless. when we were playing Star Wars

(West End version), we had a rebellion era youth who filled in his description thusly:"cocky,buff daddy". My character was the captain of the ship he was on. I made him the cook, out of sheer meanness.

"P'eek get us out of here...Ch'lacca,man the top quad...Bubb, take damage control...Altus, get in the galley and fix dinner..."(Ch'lacca roars his approval ):laugh:

Those were the days.

Hehehe What a good laugh hammer thank you for posting that brings me back to rpging and hard it was sometimes to concentrate on the game and not start laughing about funny situations.