How would you suggest doing hot pink metallic armor?

Krztoff

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Chris, I have NO idea if this will work or not, BUUUUUUTTTT you could give this a whirl:

Try mixing either Clear Red or Clear Magenta (or both!) in with either of the silver triads.

Alternately:

Base with Ruby Red, highlight with silver (or Peral White, which should make for a blazin pink eventually...), glaze/wash/whatever with Clear Red or Magenta (or both!).

Anywho: this is all largely untested, but give it a whirl.

Ok, Chris, I have NO idea if this will work or not, BUUUUUUTTTT you could give this a whirl:

Try mixing either Clear Red or Clear Magenta (or both!) in with either of the silver triads.

Alternately:

Base with Ruby Red, highlight with silver (or Peral White, which should make for a blazin pink eventually...), glaze/wash/whatever with Clear Red or Magenta (or both!).

Clear magenta... Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I was stuck at mixing cloud pink with each of the three paints in the silver triad and painting as I would if I were to layer with the triad, but didn't want to go that route, as I would prefer to go straight metallic so I don't dull the glitteryness (hot pink metallic armor should be as glittery as possible), plus it involves layering, which I don't feel like doing with armor on an army's grunts.

Alternately:

Clear magenta... Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I was stuck at mixing cloud pink with each of the three paints in the silver triad and painting as I would if I were to layer with the triad, but didn't want to go that route, as I would prefer to go straight metallic so I don't dull the glitteryness (hot pink metallic armor should be as glittery as possible), plus it involves layering, which I don't feel like doing with armor on an army's grunts.

No problem! Two things:

1st: I can't believe two guys who regularly listen to Death Metal are having this conversation. And..

2nd: yeah, mixing the Cloud Pink into the silvers puts you into demi-metallics terriotry, and that would diminish the sparkly pink atrocities you're painting. ;)

Whoa Chris - I thought this thread was Meg's at first ::D:

You could always take the crappy, cheap, easy way out, and look for a pink metallic craft paint. I'm pretty sure I saw something close at Michaels the other day.

Hey now! Pink is not my color . . . that would be Ms. Brehm you are thinking of :poke: Now if it was metallic purple then I could see why you would think it was me. But pink?! Yuck! ::P:

Sorry Meg, Pink and Purple both start with P. I'm a man, we get confused. ::P:

Ok, now that you have a direction to go Chris - may we ask WTF? What kind of army are you painting that's wearing Hot Pink Metallic Armor?

Srsly.

What kind of an abomination are you cookin up?

Sorry Meg, Pink and Purple both start with P. I'm a man, we get confused. ::P:

Ok, now that you have a direction to go Chris - may we ask WTF? What kind of army are you painting that's wearing Hot Pink Metallic Armor?

It's a Warlord army. My Crusaders are a darker red/black/gold theme, my Necropolis are Halloween themed, and I'm not doubling up on either of those. I know that leaves a lot of horribleness options open.

Am I getting Varaug in touch with his feminine side? Maybe.

Is the Broken Fodder orc getting a pretty pink glittery paintjob on his "tummy door"? Who knows? (well, I do)

Am I making the Nefsokar Reborn hate its existence via pink armor? Could be.

Are the brand spanking new Elven Royal Guardsmen going to march into battle looking as fruity as we all know they are? Perhaps.

You'll just have to keep an eye on Show Off. ::P: