Newb questions!

mercoutlaw

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What you probably saw was the old CAV HQ website which had lots of info from the first version of the game. If you've been poking around the boards I'm sure you've noticed that CAV 2 was released earlier this years in a PDF format. Basically the story line advanced to the beginning of a second Galaxy War and all the factions are fighting each other this time instead of two main alliances like in the first galaxy war. If you back some, there's a couple different thread that answer the "what's the difference between factions" question in both these board and on Mil-Net. CAV 2 is a great game. Has a couple kinks that need working out, but is great fun.

Basically the story line advanced to the beginning of a second Galaxy War and all the factions are fighting each other this time instead of two main alliances like in the first galaxy war.

Just to avoid any confusion, there was no 20 or 30 year jump like in some games - CAV'ss timeline just progressed along as time is wont to do. The cold war era of CAV 1 resulted in a small war between the UCORs, which exploded into the 2nd Galaxy War. All in three (game) years' time: 2271-2274

I've noticed that! Recently things on the CBT forums have become so toxic, and outright venomous with hostility that I really would rather not bother with them sometimes! I have noticed nothing but camraderie here, and it's good to see it still exists in gaming! And that there isn't some 'Good ole boys' attitude! Not that it is all that way, just lately it feels very...facist! But thatnks all of you guys, I have never felt so welcome in a forum, and I am excited as all hell to get going with CAV! Can't stop thinking about it...where's my order? Soon!

Hostility is saved for the battlefield to let the CAV's do the 'battling', here we all just chill and shoot the breeze and make tons of cool new friends. :) Welcome aboard!

I appreciate it! It's nice to truly feel welcomed somewhere, and if people had any clue what they are missing with this game universe, well I think it would blow their minds! Thanks again!

Hostility is saved for the battlefield to let the CAV's do the 'battling', here we all just chill and shoot the breeze and make tons of cool new friends. :) Welcome aboard!

I appreciate it! It's nice to truly feel welcomed somewhere, and if people had any clue what they are missing with this game universe, well I think it would blow their minds! Thanks again!

That's where each CAV player comes in, word of mouth and pointing people to this site and to Mil-Net. Tell all your friends, get them playing with you and before long you'll have a mighty nice regular crew to play CAV with and go to cons with. :)

CAV is a lot like Warlord in the welcoming atmosphere here. I love the game of CAV and had come off of being a BTech players for years and tried out a few other Mecha games. CAV really lends itself to being a fluid game and has a great ability to work with senario conditions much better than a game that is stuck in very rigid rules.

I know exactly what you mean by the 'Good 'ole boys club' attitude that you get when coming into any new game. We love new players and find that there are no 'stupid' questions. I've walked away from trying out a new game just from the attitude of the players and what good is playing a game if there is no new blood? Besides, the comraderie that is here makes you want to dive in an really discover what this game is all about.

Look forward to seeing you here.

That's was what was even more aggravating with the CBT atmosphere, I've been a fan for almost fifiteen years, but I never really got onto the boards much, for the eaxact same reason I pretty much am shying away now, pure unadulterated hostility! But enough on that, this place is like a shining beacon of fandom! While I still play my CBT, CAV has taken over my full attention, and I am very happy with it! In fact, by GenCon next year I hope I could work my way into Black Lightening and volunteer some time to this awesome universe!