Nix on "ho ho ho"

fieldarchy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Super Administrators
"Gimme a break," said Julie Gale, who runs the campaign against sexualising children called Kids Free 2B Kids.

"We are talking about little kids who do not understand that "ho, ho, ho" has any other connotation and nor should they," she told the Telegraph.

Couldn't agree with this lady more.

I know kit. Isn't it just sad though that this is what our world is coming to? I mean how long has Santa been saying ho ho ho? Does this mean all of our classic children's books (which I still enjoy reading to my lil bro mind you . . . he's 7 and so cute!) are going to have to be rewritten too so Santa doesn't say ho ho ho?

Jiminey Crickets! This is lame! And it makes me sad that Christmas is being even more defiled than it already has been.

Oh, this word might hurt someones feelings - can't say that.

Oh, this word might hurt someone elses feelings - can't say that.

And this word here, well, it might hurt these other people's feelings - can't say that one either.

etc, etc, etc.

It seems to get worse every day. PCness run rampant...

<sigh>I wonder if I'm doing the wrong thing to teach my son that words only hurt if you let them. He may very well end up being the only one among his peers who doesn't end up offended at everything. How can I possibly allow that?

Jiminey Crickets!

As a duly designated representative of Cricket Rights from American Persons I must ask you to cease and desist in using such a vaunted stereotype as an exclamation!!

j/k ::):

I have to agree, this is a bit ridiculous. Someday we will hit the point where, like in Demolition Man, certain things you say will get you a ticket printed on the spot...

<sigh>I wonder if I'm doing the wrong thing to teach my son that words only hurt if you let them. He may very well end up being the only one among his peers who doesn't end up offended at everything. How can I possibly allow that?

You mean you're letting him toughen up and develop a harsh exterior?! Man, we can't have any of that. Our children (and future leaders of the world) need to soft, sappy and offended by everything. Only then will we all learn to hold hands and sing koombaya around a fire. ::P:

You are doing the right thing. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never hurt me. It's true. The only time people have the power to make you feel bad is when you allow them that power.

wyrm - LMAO. But I have to ask - is the acronym for Cricket Rights of American Persons on purpose?

Uhm.... yeah, 'fraid so. ::D:

I for one always thought Santa Dressed a little garishly, and maybe all those 'reindeer' names aren't really reindeer...

"Comet, Vixen! Where's mah money?!"