Absolutely Hilarious JCPenney Catalogue from 1977

haldir

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck, that's like sitting through a family slide show. You guys are wimps...

What's funnier is sitting at the mall and realizing you're seeing girls less than half your age dressed just like your old classmates in your high school yearbook. I'm seriously tempted to take my yearbooks over to the food court and start calling these kids over to have a look. How many would die of embarassement????

Unfortunately, you can never un-see certain things.... 8-P

Lets see I was nine when that catelog came out.. no doubt I browsed its pages....

that's high style in the day....

and you wanna know what's really funny... we are so fashion conscience today.. you could get away with high stylin in those threads today...

You just need a model named Paris, or Hillary, or Madonna. and any male with a little fashion cred and you would see that style storm back..

It's just clothes people ... We are all naked underneath...

Now what page was that smoking jacket on....? I don't/ can't smoke anywhere anymore.. Women get one look at it and they know its all about sex.

Heck, that's like sitting through a family slide show. You guys are wimps...

I was being more sarcastic than anything regarding Bob "no pants" there. I think the scariest photo I've ever seen of the 70's was my dad when he was in the Navy. I don't know which was worse, his boot camp photo with the BCGs (I couldn't even pick him out of the line up of recruits in their yearbook) or the one of him climbing back on deck with full beard, hairy chest, tight little red speedo after taking a dip in the ocean.

Have you noticed the CRAP people are wearing today? ::D:

rm

Absolutely! This generation is certainly not immune from it....plastic flip flops in an ostensibly business casual environment, pants so short you're tempted to ask the wearer, "Where's the flood?"

You're right on the money, Ranger Man.

You know, speaking of today's fashion . . . I'm sure y'all have seen the girls who wear those teency weency skirts where the hemline ends right past the bottom of their cheeks. So, how do they sit down in those? How do the pick things up if they drop something? I mean, wouldn't they flash EVERYONE by doing that?