Druid's Stone & Skeletal Warrior

Valloa

I finally managed IMHO to get better pics of these guys than I managed to take last year with a much older camera.

This is an old Limited Edition of Reapers and was fun to paint it up like the original artwork. It like most of my painted minis are going up for auction to pay for my sons hearing aids.

Druid3.jpg

Druid1.jpg

ebay listing

I was trying for a very monotone look for the skeleton.

ReaperSkeleton4.jpg

ReaperSkeleton2.jpg

ReaperSkeleton1.jpg

ebay link

Maya~

• Like 1

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice work! That first mini reminds me of an Elmore painting...

Close.

It was a painting by the late, great Keith Parkinson. One of the 4 main painters who defined the TSR style in the 80s (Elmore, Caldwell and Easley were the other three).

/end threadjack

Honestly the skeleton isn't my taste, it blends all to much into each other. Maybe some blacklining would help to divide the details from another, but I like the Lady with the dragon very much. Very nice idea and good painting at both figures. The leaves actually look like they were real (???) are they real? Looks great, pretty nice diorama.

Honestly the skeleton isn't my taste, it blends all to much into each other. Maybe some blacklining would help to divide the details from another, but I like the Lady with the dragon very much. Very nice idea and good painting at both figures. The leaves actually look like they were real (???) are they real? Looks great, pretty nice diorama.

Actually the skeleton is lined, it's just too subtle for my photography skills to pick up. :( Thanks for the comment. The dio was really fun to put together and do, I enjoyed it immensely. The leaves are parts of the birch seeds that drop in the fall. Hudson & Allen used to put out some cleaned and dyed ones. Antenociti's workshop sells some nice dyed ones.

Maya~