Warlord Dwarfs

Bluesabre

Hello again fellow Reaper fans, a few weeks ago I posted a thread with a test figure for this little project which I have now happily started in earnest.

I started off by completing the Crossbow armed troopers, and then Durgam Deepmug(Couldn't find this supposedly deep mug that he's named after, must be in his backpack).

Crossbows:

DwarfCrossbows.jpg

Durgam Deepmug:

Durgan1.jpg

Durgan2.jpg

Durgan3.jpg

Durgan4.jpg

Next up on the painting desk are, Priest Ivar Silverfist, Fulumbar IronHammer and 3 Halberdiers.

I've made a good start on Ivar, so it shouldn't be too long before he pop's up in here.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a good start for sure! The hair is looking good you can see a bit of a transition from shadow to highlight, just need to bring up more contrast. ::): Also your darklining is looking good too. Practice trying to get a nice thing line for your darklining though and don't be afraid to go back and touch it up with your basecoat color.

Thanks for the comments folks, much appreciated.

As too the lighting and background, its just a sheet of paper with a blue scale starting at white then going to blue at the other end of the page,

lighting is just daylight for these guys and a prolonged exposure time on the camera.

Welcome to the forums, Bluesabre! Nice set you have going here. I also like the color palette you have chosen. Good brush control, especially on the runes on the weapons. My only critique would be a touch more highlighting on the beards, but that is just being nitpicky. I look forward to seeing the rest of them!

Thanks for the comments folks, much appreciated.

As too the lighting and background, its just a sheet of paper with a blue scale starting at white then going to blue at the other end of the page,

lighting is just daylight for these guys and a prolonged exposure time on the camera.

You printed the gradient on paper to set behind them?? That's something that never ever occured to me! That's a rather novel idea.

I like the way you are going with this set. Looking forward to see the rest. ^.^

Thanks again for all the comments.

@ TomBom: These will not be used for gaming at this stage, simply for my enjoyment in painting them.

Well it took a bit longer than I thought, but here are the next batch.

Ivar Silverfist (with fists painted accordingly):

Ivar1.jpgIvar2.jpg

Fulumbar Ironhammer:

Fulumbar1.jpgFulumbar2.jpg

Halbardiers:

Halbadiers2.jpg

Next will be the Griffon :unsure:, may be a little delayed as I'm also doing Christmas Sophie and friend for my wife.

Comments and crits always appreciated.

Thanks for looking.

Blue.

Ooh, more of these hairy little fellows! I'm got to repeat tanker22: seems you're improving fast. Especially Ivar and Fulumbar look great, seems you really worked concentrated on them more than on Durgam. I might also have to steal that gold armour theme for some of my own... If I nitpick a bit the blades of the halberds look a bit flat, perhaps you could add there some shadowing like in the hammers of I & F (or is it just the pic). Anyway, good work again, I'm waiting to see more pics from you!

Ok, with the gaming question. I'm seeing a kindred spirit then, I just realized that I've got nothing but dwarves on my painting desk for the next month or so... :)