Sign in to follow this  
joshuaslater

Bloodstone Familiar

Anyone have this model yet, or can chime in from Reaper about the Familiar with the Bloodstone Mage? What is it? I'm guessing from the pic that it's carrying a big 'ol chunk of Bloodstone, but what sort of critter is it?

I'm'a buy it anyway, as indeed, all things Bloodstone, but it might be nice to have some idea what's goin' on. I've got a paint scheme from the first Scragger I painted, and just want to think on it.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply. I'm prolly going to buy two of this model, and was curious. The Scraggers are really fun to paint, very forgiving in that slap paint/tabletop kinda way, but I'm happy with the results. I think the Mage and his familiar will require some more time. Demonic Gopher; love the sound of that.

According to the initial fluff, the Bloodstone Gnome priests create these little guys, so basically they are homonculi. The ones that are made into familiars are consdidered greater homonculi, implying that there are lesser homonculi in the Bloodstone Caverns of Kurandurak. And yes, that's a big ol' chunk of bloodstone on his back. And demon gopher is a great description!

Of course, none of this is official and is subject to change. :poke:

RR

ordered this guy + the other current blood gnomes yesterday, as the minis are so close to WR's artwork + they have that cool factor to them as well.

Can't wait to see the demonic gopher up close, ha ha

RM

Admittedly, I've gone crazy for the Bloodstones and bought four Scraggers to start. I'm thinkin' about putting one of these Bloodstone Mages on the back of the Cyclops (replacing the gobbo) and using that for my Freelance Warlord. Decisions, decisions. I'm already planning on an oversized (bad pun, sorry) Bloodstone army. I love the idea of being able to travel with them more readily than transporting Rauthorous. He's on the assembly line, and knowing my penchant for pinnin' the heck out of large models, I'm still leary of goin' too far with him.

Hm. Sounds like a winner. The Bloodstone Warlord'll have to be similar to the gobbo one on the Cyclops. Maybe some twisted Fomorian Giant comes to mind. Well, whatever Reaper does with these guys, I'm just waitin' on the unit packs, and trying not to go into bankruptcy.

Cheers.

Hm. Sounds like a winner. The Bloodstone Warlord'll have to be similar to the gobbo one on the Cyclops. Maybe some twisted Fomorian Giant comes to mind. Well, whatever Reaper does with these guys, I'm just waitin' on the unit packs, and trying not to go into bankruptcy.

Cheers.

Slap him on the back of one of the bigger Earth Elementals, fluff it as a "Bloodstone Golem" ridden by The Bloodstone Archmagus into battle. Use Gronk and Co for the data card.

Cool. I can dig that. It'll save my Cyclops for another idea I have, and only leaves me searchin' the Reaper catalog for an Earth Elemental. Cake. Thanks Qwyk. You live up to your name!!

The Warlord is way kewl. Imagine a BSG priest that's a lich, atop a palanquin borne by four of our little homonculi. And the champion on the giant beetle ain't bad either!

RR

Whoa. Keanu Reeves whoa. I'm down with that. What sort of cavalry might they have?

Edit: Has Reaper Ron exhausted himself with his teasing, or will he spill more Bloodstone kewlness????

I can say that I have seen the beetle art first hand once while visiting the Asylum, and I have to say, between him and the Rok I already have a whole bunch of gnomes on their way to my mailbox. The tunnel knights are cool, but I am drooling over whats behind door number 2.

I like the Scraggers, Pulgers, and Pinners more than the Tunnel Knights, but I'm sure they'll grow on me. Reaper's taken a really neat approach on these guys. They ain't your garden variety Gnomes!!