Female Mage

LordColdsteal

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again, Lord Coldsteal :-) I also was absent from the forums for a while because of some weird moving behavior this year, lol.

She looks pretty nice. I love the colour of her hair a very warm and rich goldblonde, looks great. I also like the colour selection of her clothes and the red Crystal, but I think you should have highlighted the edges of the crystal much more. Face turned out very nice and I also think you did a pretty good job at the chains, the staff and the boots but honestly I also think that the blendings at the purple robe are a little bit rough in comparison to your usual standard. Maybe it is because of the long break from painting, I also know that well :-)

Good work! I really like the hair, what did you use on that? Freehanding looks good too. The feathers on the staff look a bit as if the bare metal had been washed with black, which is not the case I'm sure... So maybe you could've used less contrast there. I like your style, which doesn't include lots of darklining or strong contrasts as it leans towards realism. In that sense, the chains and the feathers kind of pop out as you've used strong black lining there (or at least it seems so in the pics). Maybe you could have used the softer contrasts there also. Anyway and all in all, I'm definitely liking it!

Nice to see you posting again.

I too love the braid and the freehand.

Not sure if it's the picture or not- does she have pupils?

~jenna

Yes... they're there.... I did the eyes in blue and then the pupils... not sure if I like how it came out or not.

thanks for all the comments everyone, I appretiate it.

As for the hair... I'll be honest, I have no idea how I did it. It looks much better on the photo than in real life, but I'll take it. :poke:

Hey LCS, glad to see another piece from you. I really like the freehand you did! Adds a nice element to this mini. For some reason the highlights seem to be flatter than normal for you. I don't know if it's the pictures or what the deal is but she seems to be lacking some depth.