New minis

jatbugg

SO I got some more Christmas presents finished. The angel of light is one where the paints were at war with me, but I'm really happy with the others. I already posted the wolf, but thought I should post again seeing as he now has surroundings. The Angel of Peace is for my mother-in-law, the angel of light is for my grandmother, the banshee is for my cousin, and the wolf is for my dad. And my Hubby finally got the camera figured out, so we have decent pics! yay!

post-4428-1197520882_thumb.jpgpost-4428-1197520927_thumb.jpg

post-4428-1197520953_thumb.jpgpost-4428-1197520983_thumb.jpg

post-4428-1197521004_thumb.jpgpost-4428-1197521033_thumb.jpg

post-4428-1197521061_thumb.jpgpost-4428-1197521084_thumb.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcome! ::):

• Like 1

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they will all love their presents! As for comments, maybe bring the highlights up a bit more and add some more shadows to give them a bit more contrast. The third one ( the one who looks like she got caught getting out of the shower or something) is the best out of the three as far as getting good highlights. Nice job though...oh but paint the edges of the base on that last angel! I like the dog too. You have a nice little scene going there as well. Maybe just finish up his base as well. Like shades of grey to match the other rocks and such. It just finishes the scene. Thats my .02

a

yeah, I forgot to mention that the base of the Banshee isn't done yet. I'm having my hubby do the basing on her, and he's still got to highlight and drybrush the rocks so that it looks like she's on clouds, and we'll be sure to paint the edges of her base blue, as well. Highlighting has been a problem with me, because I want more contrast, but at the same time am afraid of going too far and making it look ugly. So I've been working my way up slowly, We'll have to see how things go with the next one I'm doing.

Never be afraid of highlights - you can always knock them back down if you go too far. Actually, that's something I'm doing with my current project I'm working on - I've decided to highlight everything all the way to pure white, in order to start teaching myself how to use glazes to adjust color and get better at washes. I often find myself spending huge amounts of time doing highlights only to find out that I was so careful with them that you can't even see them in pictures, sometimes you can't see them without the magnifying glass I use to paint with, lol. So I've decided... If I don't run straight at the edge of the cliff a few times, how will I ever figure out how long it takes me to stop so I don't slide off the edge again?

Great job on that wolf.